FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cdl. Burke issues new statement about combatting the coronavirus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a must read for everyone.

Just as we are able to purchase food and medicine, while taking care not to spread the coronavirus in the process, so also we must be able to pray in our churches and chapels, receive the Sacraments, and engage in acts of public prayer and devotion, so that we know God’s closeness to us and remain close to Him, fittingly calling upon His help. Without the help of God, we are indeed lost. Historically, in times of pestilence, the faithful gathered in fervent prayer and took part in processions. In fact, in the Roman Missal, promulgated by Pope Saint John XXIII in 1962, there are special texts for the Holy Mass to be offered in times of pestilence, the Votive Mass for the Deliverance from Death in Time of Pestilence (Missae Votivae ad Diversa, n. 23). Likewise, in the traditional Litany of the Saints, we pray: “From plague, famine, and war, O Lord, deliver us.” https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cdl-bu...oronavirus
Whether this is a deadly pandemic or a greatly exaggerated strain of seasonal flu, the response from the leadership of the Church has been weak and cowardly. It's been pretty much, we must obey the government and watch the mass from home. With this response I won't be shocked if the gentleman's clubs and gay bars reopen before the Catholic churches do.
(03-22-2020, 02:44 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]Whether this is a deadly pandemic or a greatly exaggerated strain of seasonal flu, the response from the leadership of the Church has been weak and cowardly. It's been pretty much, we must obey the government and watch the mass from home. With this response I won't be shocked if the gentleman's clubs and gay bars reopen before the Catholic churches do.

Good to know viruses don't spread in churches. Let's have them all full all the time so they don't get sick. Especially daily Mass, which is mostly elderly. Those who are off work can go to daily Mass too, now, but the old folks there don't have to worry about anything, because they're at church.
(03-23-2020, 11:26 AM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Good to know viruses don't spread in churches. Let's have them all full all the time so they don't get sick. Especially daily Mass, which is mostly elderly. Those who are off work can go to daily Mass too, now, but the old folks there don't have to worry about anything, because they're at church.

If I got the virus and died from assisting at Holy Mass I couldn't think of a better way to go.
If our churches were full all the time, we wouldn't be closing so many of them around the world. I imagine even Satan is a bit stunned at how ridiculously easy it was to shutdown the Catholic Church.
(03-23-2020, 02:41 PM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]If our churches were full all the time, we wouldn't be closing so many of them around the world. I imagine even Satan is a bit stunned at how ridiculously easy it was to shutdown the Catholic Church.
I'm astounded by that as well.  It's as if the religious world is almost going in complete lockstep with the world's governments. Disheartening to say the least.
If I end up getting Coronavirus, chances are I'll catch it seeing to the needs of the belly at Costco and not seeing to the needs of my soul at church.
(03-24-2020, 11:23 AM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]If I end up getting Coronavirus, chances are I'll catch it seeing to the needs of the belly at Costco and not seeing to the needs of my soul at church.
Honestly, at this rate, probably. But I suspect the churches may be opening soon. Sooner than the public education swamps 😂😀
(03-23-2020, 02:04 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2020, 11:26 AM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Good to know viruses don't spread in churches. Let's have them all full all the time so they don't get sick. Especially daily Mass, which is mostly elderly. Those who are off work can go to daily Mass too, now, but the old folks there don't have to worry about anything, because they're at church.

If I got the virus and died from assisting at Holy Mass I couldn't think of a better way to go.

How about if you got the virus and spread it to someone who died from it? It’s one thing for a priest to die from it while doing his duty. It’s another to put others in danger.
The example set by the Church in Poland should be followed by the rest of the World.  More masses to alleviate any crowding. People can sit apart more easily that way.
Pages: 1 2