FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Livestream Masses global guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's Eastern + Dominican Rites, Benedictine + TLM's.
Shared by OnePeterFive

OnePeterFive Editor’s note: the following is a reprint of information gathered by Gregory DiPippo at New Liturgical Movement, with his gracious permission, in order to give people as many options as possible for livestreamed Masses this Sunday and for the duration of this crisis. Please check NLM for any updates to their list going forward. We encourage readers to add any other streams they know about in the comments, or better yet, send updates to Gregory at the email listed below. The following information is current as of Saturday, March 21st
(03-22-2020, 05:10 PM)Fionnchu Wrote: [ -> ]There's TLM's.
I found this via LiveMass.net, a project to enable parishes to live-stream from FSSP chapels and Latin Mass locations. These Masses are not recorded, but broadcast live, so the video is blank unless they are being celebrated in real time.
St. Corona Project (yes, as I posted last week, she and St Victor are patron Roman-era saints of pandemics....)
[Image: IMG_0419-1.JPG]
Wonderful! Thanks very kindly.
One more to add:

St. Mary's Oratory (ICKSP) in Wausau, WI, is live streaming Masses on Facebook. Today's Laetare Sunday Mass was live at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Central (usual Sunday Mass times). If you have not visited the parish it is worth your time to go there virtually; above the high altar is the gorgeous 14th century statue of the Madonna and Child, found mysteriously in a Bavarian wood.

https://m.facebook.com/stmarysoratorywausau/
There's something about these livestream's that's leading a lot missed. Honestly, if a priest is able to visit me and he poses no risk to others, I'd be perfectly fine to have him over, bring the elements unconsecrated, and we'll have a two person liturgy in my basement. But I cannot do these livestreams any more. Sick of them. Not doing them. They aren't a replacement. They're a nuisance. The liturgy is the work of the people. Where is the work of the people when the people are at home watching? There's still a liturgy but it's a clerical liturgy.
Quote:They aren't a replacement. They're a nuisance.

When all you have is chopped liver, that's what you eat. (Actually, I like chopped liver, but never mind.)

A live stream is no replacement for the Mass. It's a cross, in fact, and surely it is one for the priests also, a reminder: you can't have this. So you see, we're all experiencing this pain. The more we love, the more we suffer, right? Let's offer it up for each other and for poor sinners who have no one to pray for them.

In my heart and soul I am revisiting all the churches in which I was privileged to hear Mass and receive Holy Communion. The Wausau parish is one of them.
(03-23-2020, 12:22 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: [ -> ]There's something about these livestream's that's leading a lot missed. Honestly, if a priest is able to visit me and he poses no risk to others, I'd be perfectly fine to have him over, bring the elements unconsecrated, and we'll have a two person liturgy in my basement. But I cannot do these livestreams any more. Sick of them. Not doing them. They aren't a replacement. They're a nuisance. The liturgy is the work of the people. Where is the work of the people when the people are at home watching? There's still a liturgy but it's a clerical liturgy.

What's he supposed to do, celebrate Mass a hundred times a day for every family in the parish?

The liturgy is the work of the Church, not of the people. There's a reason that private Masses and side altars were a thing before Vatican II, and why they aren't now. The presence of the laity is not necessary for the validity or worth of the Mass, no matter how much Bugnini tried to make it so. The traditional Missal doesn't even mention them, except to tell the priest when to give them Communion. This would be an excellent time to remind people of this, but most priests, trained only in the new Mass, don't know this, although the new Mass does have a separate rite for Missa sine populo.

No, it's not as good as being there, but the Mass - especially the traditional Mass - is never a nuisance.
(03-23-2020, 11:47 AM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2020, 12:22 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: [ -> ]There's something about these livestream's that's leading a lot missed. Honestly, if a priest is able to visit me and he poses no risk to others, I'd be perfectly fine to have him over, bring the elements unconsecrated, and we'll have a two person liturgy in my basement. But I cannot do these livestreams any more. Sick of them. Not doing them. They aren't a replacement. They're a nuisance. The liturgy is the work of the people. Where is the work of the people when the people are at home watching? There's still a liturgy but it's a clerical liturgy.

What's he supposed to do, celebrate Mass a hundred times a day for every family in the parish?

The liturgy is the work of the Church, not of the people. There's a reason that private Masses and side altars were a thing before Vatican II, and why they aren't now. The presence of the laity is not necessary for the validity or worth of the Mass, no matter how much Bugnini tried to make it so. The traditional Missal doesn't even mention them, except to tell the priest when to give them Communion. This would be an excellent time to remind people of this, but most priests, trained only in the new Mass, don't know this, although the new Mass does have a separate rite for Missa sine populo.

No, it's not as good as being there, but the Mass - especially the traditional Mass - is never a nuisance.
I don't mean they're a nuisance in the sense that they aren't beautiful. I mean I have a short attention span and can't follow along as well when not actually there in persona.