FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Whole Leaf Tobacco Blending?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently started buying whole leaf tobacco by the pound, and shredding and blending it myself. I'm surprised about how little information I can find. So far I've tried Canadian Lemon (tastes like hay to me), Virginia Bright and Red Leaf, Kentucky Burley (a little goes a long way, but I use it in all my blends) and a few Orientals; Izmir and Prilep (meh, but definitely smooth a blend out), Basma (a wonderful light tobacco with loads of floral tones), Katerini (still mild, but full of a unique funky flavor that the Izmir and Prilep only hint at) and Latakia (careful with this one).
My wife smoked Marlborough 27s, and she likes a strong red leaf blend. I smoked menthols, so I didn't like tobacco, but I find that a blend leading toward the Greek tobaccos is my cup of tea.
There's more tobacco to try, and I'd love your input, and if anyone has questions I can answer, I'd love to help.
What's your blend?
usps tracking showbox speed test