FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Hosea 3:4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This passage scares me a little bit
With all due respect, I think you need to stop reading the Scriptures for the time being.  It isn't the duty of the laity to interpret the Bible and your thinking is so mired in fundamentalist Protestantism that the Scriptures are not edifying for you.  In addition to seeking out some of kind of professional help for at least an evaluation, you should read Catholic works on the Scriptures and find yourself a good traditional priest or spiritual director to help you understand the Bible and the Catholic Faith.
I agree with Seeker. Every thread you start is a plea for validation of protestant, fundamentalist 'End of Days' doomsaying. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Catholic Faith. You are in serious need of help, both spiritual and psychological.
But the bible implies there will be no forgiveness at the end of the world 

Daniel 12
Hosea 
& Taking the mark of the beast
(10-12-2020, 10:38 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: [ -> ]But the bible implies there will be no forgiveness at the end of the world 

Daniel 12
Hosea 
I no longer think you're truly concerned about this, but a troll.
(10-12-2020, 10:38 AM)Petersimon1 Wrote: [ -> ]But the bible implies there will be no forgiveness at the end of the world 

Daniel 12
Hosea 

Again:

Quote:With all due respect, I think you need to stop reading the Scriptures for the time being.  It isn't the duty of the laity to interpret the Bible and your thinking is so mired in fundamentalist Protestantism that the Scriptures are not edifying for you.  In addition to seeking out some of kind of professional help for at least an evaluation, you should read Catholic works on the Scriptures and find yourself a good traditional priest or spiritual director to help you understand the Bible and the Catholic Faith.

I'm sorry to have to be so blunt but you don't accept the authority of the Church to interpret the Scriptures and to teach definitively on all matters of theology, including the End of Days.  If you did, you wouldn't believe some Tim LaHaye-like heretical teaching that there is some sin or period of time in which sins cannot be forgiven during our mortal life on Earth.  Despite numerous threads on these kind of questions, you don't seem willing to accept otherwise and instead keep asking the same questions over and over again.  It appears more like you're seeking validation of your Protestant end times theories than to learn what the Church teaches.  You're not going to get that here.  All of our regular members are either traditional Catholics or Eastern Orthodox.  Neither is gonna to accept some fundamentalist Protestant take on the Bible.  If you are willing to toss aside all your preconceived notions about the end times and accept the Church's authoritative teachings on the matter, then we might be able to help you.  Otherwise, nothing good will come of this.  Do yourself a favor and get some real world help, please.  I really am concerned about your well-being.
I hope the OP realizes that the whole Left Behind series is heretical garbage ...

... I mean, they hired Nicholas Cage to play in one of their movies, so that raises at least some serious questions of taste, if not orthodoxy.
Our friend is now invading Trad groups on FB to seek validation of his weird protestant, end times doomsaying. This question just turned up as a first post of a new member in one I belong to. PeterSimon1 check that group. I said Hi to you.
(10-13-2020, 02:51 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the OP realizes that the whole Left Behind series is heretical garbage ...

... I mean, they hired Nicholas Cage to play in one of their movies, so that raises at least some serious questions of taste, if not orthodoxy.

Hey! Nic Cage was an absolute boss in "Con Air"!
(10-13-2020, 06:35 PM)Augustinian Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2020, 02:51 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the OP realizes that the whole Left Behind series is heretical garbage ...

Hey! Nic Cage was an absolute boss in "Con Air"!

I think that was his best performance, by far.  And although the plot was kind of cheesy, I did enjoy his performance in The Family Man.  Kevin Sorbo starred in a similar film to The Family Man, actually faith-based but thoroughly Protestant, unfortunately.
Pages: 1 2 3