FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Looking for info on the Via Francigena.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has caught my interest recently.  A 2200km pilgrimage from Canterbury, England to Rome. 

I've been to a few websites and watched a few videos, but the information isn't as detailed as the Camino or the major long trails.  Some folks just do a portion of it.  A popular one seems to be from Assisi to Rome, I think about 150 km.  I think an Italian only walk, from St. Bernard Pass to Rome would be something to think about.  That's roughly 1000km.

I've done the Camino Frances and thru-hiked the AT, but my bad back took me off the Arizona Trail. 

For me, the Camino was something special because it was a pilgrimage.  Highly recommended if you ever get the chance.

Does anyone have any info on the Via Francigena?
(11-18-2020, 05:16 PM)jack89 Wrote: [ -> ]This has caught my interest recently.  A 2200km pilgrimage from Canterbury, England to Rome. 

I've been to a few websites and watched a few videos, but the information isn't as detailed as the Camino or the major long trails.  Some folks just do a portion of it.  A popular one seems to be from Assisi to Rome, I think about 150 km.  I think an Italian only walk, from St. Bernard Pass to Rome would be something to think about.  That's roughly 1000km.

I've done the Camino Frances and thru-hiked the AT, but my bad back took me off the Arizona Trail. 

For me, the Camino was something special because it was a pilgrimage.  Highly recommended if you ever get the chance.

Does anyone have any info on the Via Francigena?
I wish my bad knee could let me walk on such routes. As an armchair traveller, you have my encouragement! You may look here:

at the Cicerone Walking Guide(s)

for a reading list

at a trekker's report

for a Beginner's Guide blog post

at the Official Website.