FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Looking for Fr. Lassance writings, as well as Alice Von Hildebrand - where to find?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well. I'm looking for two things here. The first is Fr. Lassance. I was given a "young man's guide" for confirmation many years ago. I have found his reflections very helpful and clarifying. Where can I find more of his writings and who was Fr. Lassance? Is there a biography of him?

Lastly, this one may be a long shot but this is the only place I think I could find it.

A year or so ago, can't remember, I came across a writing by Dr. Alice Von Hildebrand. I believe it had to do with the idea of appearances vs. reality, or the image, versus reality and plato's conception of it, and I believe it had to do with hope, suffering and the ongoing scandals.

I have searched the web for it, and used various search phrases, but it seems either she did not write it, or it was taken off of the internet. But I believe she did write it, because I remember she wrote it. I also checked her website, but none of those articles contain it. Are there any hildebrand scholars or some who are more familiar with her work who would be able to help me find this?

Thank you for any help you can give. St. Anthony pray for us
Wikipedia isn't the most reliable but here is a biographical stub on him: Francis Xavier Lasance.  Here is a link to some of his works that can be found online: Internet Archive.  Some of his works have been reprinted and many of his other works can still be found through vendors on eBay and Amazon.  I don't have any information on this article by Dr. Alice von Hildebrand.
I have a copy of his "Blessed Sacrament Prayerbook" as published by Loreto Publications. Over 1200 pages of prayers, but you may need some reading glasses (like me) as the font is a bit small.
He did put together a rather nice missal:
https://fraternitypublications.com/produ...r-lasance/
(02-11-2021, 01:59 PM)Cool Hand Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well. I'm looking for two things here. The first is Fr. Lassance. I was given a "young man's guide" for confirmation many years ago. I have found his reflections very helpful and clarifying. Where can I find more of his writings and who was Fr. Lassance? Is there a biography of him?

Lastly, this one may be a long shot but this is the only place I think I could find it.

A year or so ago, can't remember, I came across a writing by Dr. Alice Von Hildebrand. I believe it had to do with the idea of appearances vs. reality, or the image, versus reality and plato's conception of it, and I believe it had to do with hope, suffering and the ongoing scandals.

I have searched the web for it, and used various search phrases, but it seems either she did not write it, or it was taken off of the internet. But I believe she did write it, because I remember she wrote it. I also checked her website, but none of those articles contain it. Are there any hildebrand scholars or some who are more familiar with her work who would be able to help me find this?

Thank you for any help you can give. St. Anthony pray for us

The FSSP website has his works.  https://fraternitypublications.com/?s=lasance&post_type=product
I really love his missal.