FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Eating for diabetes and traditional Catholicism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody read any articles about this or have experience with it, specifically with eating well on days of abstinence and fasting?
Research GAPS diet. It might help you.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/fs3PxbrxSYL4/
If I understand the Church's teaching, no one is required to do anything that would harm their health. This is why even healthy people should take the advice of their spiritual director or confessor before undertaking any severe penance.

Talk to a Priest, but I think you will find that you are dispensed from the regulations. 
(03-06-2021, 10:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]If I understand the Church's teaching, no one is required to do anything that would harm their health. This is why even healthy people should take the advice of their spiritual director or confessor before undertaking any severe penance.

Talk to a Priest, but I think you will find that you are dispensed from the regulations. 

As I am a Type One Diabetic, this would also apply to me -- if I'm not mistaken.
(03-07-2021, 03:54 AM)HailGilbert Wrote: [ -> ]As I am a Type One Diabetic, this would also apply to me -- if I'm not mistaken.

I should think you are.
(03-07-2021, 03:54 AM)HailGilbert Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2021, 10:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]If I understand the Church's teaching, no one is required to do anything that would harm their health. This is why even healthy people should take the advice of their spiritual director or confessor before undertaking any severe penance.

As I am a Type One Diabetic, this would also apply to me -- if I'm not mistaken.

Because of your condition, eating significantly less than normal could be very dangerous. Ask your pastor if you want an answer with authority, but I’d imagine you’re exempt from the fasting requirement.
(03-06-2021, 07:14 PM)salvii422 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anybody read any articles about this or have experience with it, specifically with eating well on days of abstinence and fasting?
My godmother explained to me last year that due to her allergies, she cannot forgo meat or protein. So she will generally eat fish and cheese throughout these fast periods but abstain from what she can.
My son hasType 1. His priest informed him that he is not required to fast. It is imprtant for those with Type 1 to eat regularly scheduled meals. But he is required to abstain from meat when possible.

NO FASTING if you are Type 1.

My son's Exodus leader said, "Dont be a dum dum and use common sense." Lol