FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Milo Turns a Corner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Activist Milo Yiannopoulos is now ‘Ex-Gay,’ consecrating his life to St. Joseph

Quote:LifeSite: What drew you to consecrate your life to St. Joseph?

Milo: Secular attempts at recovery from sin are either temporary or completely ineffective. Salvation can only be achieved through devotion to Christ and the works of the Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. St. Joseph is the spiritual father figure of the Holy Family. In this time of gender madness, devoting myself to the male protector of the infant Jesus is an act of faith in God’s Holy Patriarch, and a rejection of the Terror of transsexuals. Trannies are demonic: They are the Galli, the castrated priests of Cybele, the Magna mater, whom Augustine saw dancing in the streets of Carthage dressed like women.
Hope it's true.
Really? I always got the impression that Milo was something of a gatekeeper, someone to keep people voting Republican regardless of the person. Didn't he also used to be associated with the FBI?
Regardless, if he's sincere I hope he sticks with it. Can't imagine how difficult being Catholic as a homosexual would be, especially one with a colorful past like his.
Well, this is good news.  I will keep Milo's newfound faith in my prayers, that he will stay the course.  Another prominent member of the "Secular Right" (as I sometimes term them) that I would especially like to see convert to Catholicism is Jordan Peterson.
Let us pray for him, as he, like Joseph Sciambra, have great crosses on their shoulders. Adding him to my Rosary intentions. May he stay the course he's set, and may he become ever closer to Our Lord.
As someone with SSA, I know how difficult it can be to turn back to the Church.  I am praying for him.  It's problematic that he is still living with his partner.
(03-10-2021, 12:27 PM)Evangelium Wrote: [ -> ]I am praying for him.  It's problematic that he is still living with his partner.

I had the same thought.  It must be like a recovering alcoholic keeping his fully stocked liquor cabinet in his house.  A major source of temptation.
(03-10-2021, 01:08 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: [ -> ]Well, this is good news.  I will keep Milo's newfound faith in my prayers, that he will stay the course.  Another prominent member of the "Secular Right" (as I sometimes term them) that I would especially like to see convert to Catholicism is Jordan Peterson.

He's been flirting with it for a while and has mentioned more than once that he doesn't have any particular qualms with Catholic positions necessarily. He just didn't want to give up his sinful life and goes into depth on his difficulties with it.
No one here knows how much or how little Milo is tempted by anything, including his roommate.
(03-10-2021, 12:56 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]No one here knows how much or how little Milo is tempted by anything, including his roommate.

"As long as we live in this world we may not be fully without temptation. For, as Job saith, The life of man upon earth is a warfare; therefore every man should beware well against his temptations, and watch in prayers that the ghostly enemy find not time and place to deceive him, which never sleepeth, but always walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. There is no man so perfect nor so holy in this world, that he sometime hath not temptations." (Imitation of Christ, I.13)

And the oft quoted and misused, but still true:

"Do not judge others, or you yourselves will be judged. As you have judged, so you will be judged, by the same rule; award shall be made you as you have made award, in the same measure. How is it that thou canst see the speck of dust which is in thy brother's eye, and art not aware of the beam which is in thy own? By what right wilt thou say to thy brother, Wait, let me rid thy eye of that speck, when there is a beam all the while in thy own? Thou hypocrite, take the beam out of thy own eye first, and so thou shalt have clear sight to rid thy brother's of the speck." (Matt. 7.1-5)

No one without God's grace can read hearts. If Yiannopoulos is sincere, then God give him grace. And if he isn't, then still, God give him grace.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6