FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Read Outloud Intros to the Hours of the The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does one read out loud Intros to the Hours of the The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary?

Before each Hour prayers is a small intro that ends in Amen. I am unsure if this is to just be read or treated as a prayer. I attached a picture.

I'm using this version: https://www.sistersofcarmel.com/little-o...mary-2.php
(04-02-2021, 09:51 PM)virSapiens Wrote: [ -> ]I attached a picture.

I'm not seeing a picture, just the link to the book. My LOBVM doesn't have an 'intro' It begins with a Hail Mary, followed by, V. O God, come to my assistance; R. O Lord, make haste to help me.
Sorry, the attachment feature isn't working for some reason.
Could it be the Collect for the previous Hour? Unlike most Offices, the Little Office has a different one for each Hour.
Yours appears to be the Baronius version, which I also use. The "introductions" are little reflections on the hour taken from "Our Lady's Mirror," which is a devotional treatise. I think it would be at your choice whether or not to read them silently, aloud, or skip them entirely. I usually skip them. They're not part of the text of the actual Office.