FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Can my 64 year old mother take the Moderna Covid vaccine this Monday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Can my 64 year old mother take the Moderna Covid vaccine this Monday?

I scheduled an appointment for her but I have my doubts now about the morality of it.

I want a second opinion from traditional Catholics. I am not taking it. I'm a 34 year old male and healthy.
(04-10-2021, 10:16 PM)virSapiens Wrote: [ -> ]Can my 64 year old mother take the Moderna Covid vaccine this Monday?

I scheduled an appointment for her but I have my doubts now about the morality of it.

I want a second opinion from traditional Catholics. I am not taking it. I'm a 34 year old male and healthy.

It's more likely to kill her than the virus, so... not advisable?
Is your mother required to take the vaccine to keep her job? Will her quality of life greatly suffer if she doesn’t take the vaccine?

It is my understanding that a person may receive this vaccine, made from aborted baby cells, only if there is no other option, and only if the person will suffer greatly from not taking it (as in, they will be unable to find employment, etc.)

Also, you may want to look into this: https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/study-...-biontechs
The bishops have said that the vaccine is moral.  The Moderna vaccine was not made from aborted baby cells. She should take it to avoid getting Covid-19.
Take the vaccine, both of you. Who are you to deny your mother a potentially life saving vaccine? 4000 people died every day last week in Brazil from the covid. The Catholic bishops of basically every country in the world have recommended and suggested that you take the vaccine. If there is a sin in this, it is on them. They have taken it upon themselves.

The problem with people saying, hey, I'm 34 and healthy so I don't need the vaccine, is that this perpetuates the spread of the disease. You're not going to get sick or even realize you have it probably, unless you get the P1 from Brazil. Oops that kills young people too. But maybe you're a dude and you get it and oops your penis doesn't work anymore and no children for you. Or you can't smell anything ever again, except by sniffing really hard and even then it's not quite right. And food tastes like rancid meat. And oops you gave it to granny and granny's lungs turn to cauliflower and she spends her last 3 days on a cross drowning as she gasps for breath.

But hey, I hate the government or the media or facebook or the Man. I'm not taking the vaccine because hate and spite.
(04-10-2021, 10:16 PM)virSapiens Wrote: [ -> ]Can my 64 year old mother take the Moderna Covid vaccine this Monday?

The Vatican says it's permissible and recommends it.  They consider the "remote material cooperation" acceptable in current circumstances.

It was tested with cells cloned many times from an aborted baby back in the 70s. That's the major ethical controversy.

I don't plan on getting it, but understand why some would.
(04-10-2021, 10:28 PM)Evangelium Wrote: [ -> ]The bishops have said that the vaccine is moral.  The Moderna vaccine was not made from aborted baby cells.  She should take it to avoid getting Covid-19.
She can avoid getting Covid-19 without taking it.
(04-10-2021, 11:19 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2021, 10:28 PM)Evangelium Wrote: [ -> ]The bishops have said that the vaccine is moral.  The Moderna vaccine was not made from aborted baby cells.  She should take it to avoid getting Covid-19.
She can avoid getting Covid-19 without taking it.

Or just get the 'rona, since even at 64 it's not going to kill you...
I would genuinely consider physically restraining my dear mother if necessary, similar to someone about to jump off a bridge, if she were going to a covid vaccination appointment.
(04-10-2021, 11:29 PM)Lavenderson Wrote: [ -> ]I would genuinely consider physically restraining my dear mother if necessary, similar to someone about to jump off a bridge, if she were going to a covid vaccination appointment.

The risk of side effects is too high.  Too many deaths of otherwise healthy people within only weeks of getting the jab.  (And I really do mean "otherwise healthy", not the way the media uses that phrase to describe 300lb diabetics who die of the wuhan virus).

There's a risk of developing an immune response to polyethylene glycol, which is used in cosmetics, food, all sorts of things that would be inconvenient to avoid for the rest of one's life.

And, most concerning, there's the risk of antibody-dependent enhancement.  To my knowledge, no authority has even addressed the issue, much less conducted studies on it.  I've seen "fact check" websites attempt to shoot it down, but their responses are wishful thinking.  No studies have verified the long-term safety of any of the coronavirus vaccines currently being marketed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4