FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Next Pope?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who do you guys think will be the next pope? Cardinal Sarah?
Haven't a clue. Useless to speculate.
Almost certainly. He will disband the USCCB and put Cardinal Burke in charge of firing bishops who have rejected Christ and aligned themselves instead with the Democrat party. He will give each of us $1,000,000,000, and he will grant a plenary indulgence for reading LifeSiteNews.
(04-14-2021, 12:17 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: [ -> ]Almost certainly.  He will disband the USCCB and put Cardinal Burke in charge of firing bishops who have rejected Christ and aligned themselves instead with the Democrat party.  He will give each of us $1,000,000,000, and he will grant a plenary indulgence for reading LifeSiteNews.
So no?
The names on a list of papabili discussed as a conclave meets quite often turn out to be wrong, so I'm guessing our speculation won't fare much better.  I can say that I do expect someone as liberal as Francis to be elected.  He's appointed a majority of cardinals as-is, and he himself was elected by cardinals appointed by supposed conservatives like Benedict XVI and John Paul II.  The only question for me is whether his successor will try to keep his liberal reforms below the radar or is happy to continue acting like a wrecking ball (with the associated controversies).
(04-14-2021, 12:13 PM)Anon777 Wrote: [ -> ]Who do you guys think will be the next pope? Cardinal Sarah?

I've heard he doesn't have a high regard for Eastern Catholics.  If that's true, I hope it won't be him.
(04-14-2021, 12:43 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2021, 12:13 PM)Anon777 Wrote: [ -> ]Who do you guys think will be the next pope? Cardinal Sarah?

I've heard he doesn't have a high regard for Eastern Catholics.  If that's true, I hope it won't be him.
Hey...he'd be better than a Francis clone!  Besides, most EC's don't pay a whole lot of attention to the pope anyway.
The next pope will be Cardinal Luis Tagle.

[Image: 200.webp?cid=ecf05e475uo5mr2akvziiqk9leo....webp&ct=g]

My guess is Parolin or Marini.

I think the Church might be willing to go back to an Italian after decades of non-Italian Popes. Also Parolin has the gravitas of leading the Vatican in world relations and is experienced with China which is going to be very important in the coming years.
(04-14-2021, 12:46 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2021, 12:43 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey...he'd be better than a Francis clone!  Besides, most EC's don't pay a whole lot of attention to the pope anyway.

We don't, but that doesn't mean he can't or won't immediately reinstate the ban on married priests and excommunicate any bishops that don't comply.
Pages: 1 2 3