FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: So tell me about yourselves, friends.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
>Favorite vacation place?

>favorite color?

>favorite thing about your spouse? Least favorite thing about your spouse?

>where did you meet your spouse

>favorite food? Do you have it beside you RN?

>favorite drink? Do you have it with you RN?

>type of humor?

>Do you have a pet? If so what kind and how many?

>Worst mass you have been to?

>Relation with neighbors?

>hobbies?

>your day today?

I will start

>Maine cottage my family owns

>Black and White

>single

>Buffalo Chicken. Do not have it with me

>Beer. Do not have it with me.

>dry humor; black humor; very politically incorrect humor

>Yes. 1 cat and 1 dog

>NO mass where the father was trying to get us to sing along

>neighbors...okay. Some better than others

>not really any hobbies

>just another day

M.
>Favorite vacation place?

Italy, specifically Venice, Florence, and Milan

>favorite color?

A mix between this and this, AQUA

Ask me in a decade or 2 ;)

Maybe Ireland? That’d be cool :D

Pasta, especially Ravioli (Italian blood does that). Nope.

Lemonade and/or Lemon Ice Tea :)

>type of humor?

It’s gotta make me laugh!

Yep. Little puppy dog, a Havanese.

I have been lucky! I haven’t had much liturgical abuse occur that I can point out!

Isolationism haha, besides a couple that are friendly.

>hobbies?

Writing! I love to write and write and write! I write online for a Catholic Publication (currently writing an article on the beautiful Litany of Loreto) and I write lots of papers in my free time. I’ve written papers on themes in books, written papers analyzing society and the vices it pushes, etc. I have tried getting into writing poetry but it’s sooo hard!

Besides writing, I love listening to music and reading! Music tastes include people like Phil Collins (I am so in love with his music right now!) and Adam Young. I love to read as well, and although I have recently been in the mood for more academic books, I have loved the fiction books I have read, especially Don Quixote. 

Besides that, I play Basketball and I am getting into running sports soon such as Track and Cross Country. My life seems so entertaining haha but it’s also filled with studying XD 

>your day today?

Taking finals this week, did well on one and not the best on the other. Just been studying (and procrastinating) for the rest of the finals this week.
(06-01-2021, 06:02 PM)Memories_in_Rain Wrote: [ -> ]>Favorite vacation place?

Italy, specifically Venice, Florence, and Milan

>favorite color?

A mix between this and this, AQUA

Ask me in a decade or 2 ;)

Maybe Ireland? That’d be cool :D

Pasta, especially Ravioli (Italian blood does that). Nope.

Lemonade and/or Lemon Ice Tea :)

>type of humor?

It’s gotta make me laugh!

Yep. Little puppy dog, a Havanese.

I have been lucky! I haven’t had much liturgical abuse occur that I can point out!

Isolationism haha, besides a couple that are friendly.

>hobbies?

Writing! I love to write and write and write! I write online for a Catholic Publication (currently writing an article on the beautiful Litany of Loreto) and I write lots of papers in my free time. I’ve written papers on themes in books, written papers analyzing society and the vices it pushes, etc. I have tried getting into writing poetry but it’s sooo hard!

Besides writing, I love listening to music and reading! Music tastes include people like Phil Collins (I am so in love with his music right now!) and Adam Young. I love to read as well, and although I have recently been in the mood for more academic books, I have loved the fiction books I have read, especially Don Quixote. 

Besides that, I play Basketball and I am getting into running sports soon such as Track and Cross Country. My life seems so entertaining haha but it’s also filled with studying XD 

>your day today?

Taking finals this week, did well on one and not the best on the other. Just been studying (and procrastinating) for the rest of the finals this week.
So you are good in school ay? I cannot say that I am the same. I have tried to read Don Quixote, when I was your age, and had the mind to grasp it, bt now, I am too mentally drained from anger to do it. Keep reading it will do you good. I hope you have decent teachers. I went to public school, and while they were 'nice' they did not teach me nadda about God.
Yessss, I’m not the only Italian here!!!!
(06-02-2021, 12:09 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: [ -> ]Yessss, I’m not the only Italian here!!!!

What do you think Vox is?! LOL!
SacraCor, you’re Italian?! I don’t recall you mentioning this before. 
And yes, as Jovan said: Vox is Italian!

Any Newfies like me out there? Anyone?..
(06-02-2021, 12:09 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: [ -> ]Yessss, I’m not the only Italian here!!!!

I am half Italian.... half French.  Probably why I am so confused and I don't even like myself..... 

😂
Favorite vacation place?  Someplace warm - with a beach.  I grew up visiting Cape Cod and I am partial to it - but I really love any ocean front.  

>favorite color?  Green

>favorite thing about your spouse? Least favorite thing about your spouse?  There are lots of great things about my husband, hard to pick just one favorite thing.  He treats me very well and is a good provider and strong leader for our family.  Least favorite.... he tends to be an over-sharer of information and I am very private.  He also tends to complete projects to about 95%.  LOL

>where did you meet your spouse - I hate this question.  LOL. I met him on a Catholic match type website.  

>favorite food? Do you have it beside you RN?  Anything with cheese.  Sadly, no, I am no longer able to eat dairy.

>favorite drink? Do you have it with you RN?  Coffee, maybe?  I also drink a lot of seltzer water.  I am not very exciting.

>type of humor?  I find humor in many things.  I don't really like crude humor.  I enjoy reading The Babylon Bee.....

>Do you have a pet? If so what kind and how many?  Yes!  Depends on what you count as a pet.  We have 2 dogs that live inside - a big one (English Shepherd) and a little one (Papillon mix).  I have 2 barn cats that live outside, 2 old horses, 6 Nigerian dwarf goats, 4 ducks, and 22 chickens.  

>Worst mass you have been to?  One with video screens and rock type music.  Or the "folk music" guitar Mass.  Can't decide which was worse.

>Relation with neighbors?  My neighbors are nice.  We are pretty rural and we are all friendly but keep to ourselves.

>hobbies?  I have 7 children and not a ton of time for hobbies.... but I like to garden and read.

>your day today?  Just got back from Mass and heading to my garden so it is a good one so far.
>Favorite vacation place?

Someplace near water, either a beach or a lake on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Even though I can't swim worth a damn lol. 

>favorite color?

Red and olive green, which takes up most of my closet. 

>favorite thing about your spouse? 

Hmm...I have several. I love his work ethic and attention to detail. I love watching him play with our infant son. And I love that we have the same love languages. 

>Least favorite thing about your spouse?

It sounds funny, but he tends to leave dirty coffee mugs all over the house that I have to round up every day...

>where did you meet your spouse?

On Catholic Match. I was one of the few who made it through the wasteland haha 

I love anything with pasta. And I sadly do not have any right now. 

I like tea a lot, both sweet tea and hot tea. I do have some rather lukewarm earl grey next to me right now. I also love beer (Grain Belt is the best, it is native to MN) but since I'm seven months pregnant I can't indulge. 

>type of humor?

More dark and cynical than a Catholic's sense of humor probably should be...

No, I don't really care for pets. Especially not in the house since I'm a neat freak. I do like dogs and chickens, but only if they live outside (especially the chickens)

Where do I start.....Definitely the parish where there were no kneelers, so everyone stood for the Consecration. And then during the final elevation of the Host, the priest said "Behold, the Lamb of God that sticks to your ribs!" and everybody laughed. The communion bread was a dark, leavened loaf with molasses and raisins in it, and the "Extraordinary Ministers" held it in a glass bowl that you reached into and broke off a chunk for yourself. It was revolting. 

Then there was the church in California (that should tell you something right there) where there was a female deacon assisting on the altar and the tabernacle resembled a stained glass crock pot. There was also a woman in a skimpy romper wearing hooker heels who stood on the altar and led the congregation in song. So much cringe. 

We live next to a mobile home park and they are always setting off fireworks (the big kind like they have at county fairs), screaming at their kids, and riding 4-wheelers through our woods...so yeah, it's not great. The police are around a lot. I think there are definitely some drug issues going on. 

>hobbies?

I like making jewelry, sewing quilts, cleaning my house, writing lots of short stories and blog posts, and making cards with rubber stamps. I build websites on the side for a little extra income and I'm currently building one for a local school district. I also like mowing the lawn, haha

>your day today?

Doing housework and taking care of my baby boy. Husband has been working 12 hour days lately but hopefully that will change with his new job. 
I myself am Polish American. My Mother is French polish (but looks Polish basically) My dad is German Swedish.
Pages: 1 2 3