FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: So tell me about yourselves, friends Vol. 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. What lead you to the faith, and the true? Born into it? By word of faith? family? 

2. For those that are single, what do you seek in a partner, besides faith and values?

3. What kind of home do you live in? Is the locale decent or crap?

4. If you have kids...Homeschool, Catholic/public school, etc.?

5. Patron saint?

6. Any experiences that were from God...or not...?

7. Your view on the UFO phenomenon/cryptids?

8. Number of kids if any?

9. Height?

10. Your last dream, if you dream at all?

Me

1. I was as some of you might now already, I was a political extremist for a while, when I came to the conclusion that there was nothing that could be done to solve the world's conclusion, I fell into a deep despair and pretty much gave up on the world. I was browsing 8chan one day when I came upon a board called /christian/ and, I cannot remember exactly if before or after, I was in bed raging and I screamed at whatever "what do you want from me?" or the sort...and a voice said. "forgive others and forgive yourself" And I also remember, getting on my knees, and telling God, I surrender...and I experienced this peace that I had never known wash over me and the pain I held for years...dissolve. I briefly tried Lutheranism because...well I will not say... But then I found the true faith.

2. I am not looking for anyone. I know I would be a terrible father, as I can barely support myself.

3. I live with my family in the woods in a 2 story house with a pool and AC. Lived here for the past 20 something years. 

4. Not applicable

5. Our Blessed Mother

6. The first time I went to a Catholic Mass as one who was interested, (NO), I had the worst headache I had in YEARS. Note, I had been to a Lutheran 'mass' but did not experience anything like it. It felt as though something...did not like me being there, and as I sat there, whatever was 'attached' to me...it seemed to be 'scorched' by the mass...and the blessed sacrament.

Another time, was March 1st last year, pre covid, I went to Hartford for the rite of the elect and we were writing our names in the book of the elect, Note my signature is awful...but just as I was about to write my name...something, or someone took my hand and guided it and my signature was so beautiful, my mom who was my sponsor and was beside me, thought I had been practicing my handwriting. I had not. Also the camera on my dad's phone which was not working for a long time...suddenly came to life and recorded the ceremony. Just writing this helps me remember where I have come and how far I have come.

7. Demons

8. None

9. 5'10"

10. The last thing I dreamt I remember being on a train that was dropping cars with me catching the wind.
1. What lead you to the faith, and the true? Born into it? By word of faith? family? 
I was fortunate enough to be born into it.

2. For those that are single, what do you seek in a partner, besides faith and values?
I'm single, but not really seeking a partner anymore

It's a nice small house in a good community

No kids

5. Patron saint?
Saint Jacob (Old Testament Jacob)

None that I can think of

I definitely believe in UFOs. I think it's proven they exist, especially with recent video footage. Not sure if they're alien or not though. As far as cryptids, I just hope the J'ba Fofi doesn't exist.

No kids

9. Height?
6'6"

It was an eight-year process with many graces along the way. The final decisive experience came from St. Francis of Assisi. 

Happily not seeking. I was in an illicit “marriage” (since declared null, due to lack of form) for about a decade & have no wish, desire, perhaps even ability to do that again. 

A wonderful apartment in a big, old, brick Victorian building. High ceilings, lots of large windows, spacious rooms, a walk-in pantry… St. Francis lead us to this place when we were in a bind. I found it on October 3rd (Transiutus of St Francis) and signed the lease on his Feast Day (October 4). St. Joseph also helped. It’s proven perfect for us in so many ways. The city it’s in is a mix of super crappy and some very nice parts in the outskirts. I’d rather live elsewhere, however, there are plenty if conveniences all a stone’s throw from my place. But very few complaints about my actual apartment. The Sacred snd Immaculate Hearts were enthroned here in a beautiful traditional Latin ceremony. 

Mine are all out of school now. Two went through public school and one went through special needs schools through Grade 10.

5. Patron saint?

First, St Francis
Later, St Gertrude the Great of Helfta and St Benedict Joseph Labre

Yes 

My gut feeling is it’s some kind of governmental distraction or setup for some shenanigans to come. 

Three, a son, 32; a daughter, 23, another son, will be 20 on Tuesday. He has autism, and some of your posts sound uncannily like the way he talks and thinks. 

9. Height?

5’ 5.5”

I always dream a lot. The last one was some cute guy wooing me, and he was wooing another girl at the same time, & we were both telling him to get lost, lol — but he kept trying to be charming. 

Baptized Catholic at 2, reintroduced to the faith in grade 6, atheist for a long time, reboot/epiphany during 6 month through-hike of the AT (age 50), returned to the Church shortly thereafter.

Divorced, but in retrospect I would look for youth, beauty, fertility, not promiscuous, pleasant nurturing demeanor and of course, Catholic.

Currently in a one bedroom apartment in a small town.  Looking for a house to retire in.

Public school, unfortunately.  

5. Patron saint?

St. Philip Neri

An epiphany that god is goodness itself, existence itself, and just is.  Hard to explain.  Life changing.

There are flying objects that are unidentifiable.  I sometimes like to speculate on what they may be.

Two young men.  Ages 33 and 31.  the youngest just married.

9. Height?

6' 1"

Back together with close friends.  Good dream.
Why thank you for asking!

1. I was reading the bible, and I said, “This is it.” Then when I was reading about Christian congregations, I came across a criticism of the pejoratively-termed “Catholic Bible”, and soon realized that the Catholics had the better of every topic.

2. I wouldn’t mind being a monk. Some people can’t not be married, some people can’t not be monks, some people can do either.

5. I ponder different saints at different times. These days I am rather fond of reading about St Therese (d. 1897) and St Gemma (d. 1903). I have nothing against Orthodox saints, and also quite like St Paisios (d. 1994) and St Seraphim of Sarov (d. 1833).

7. Yet another psy-op. They will play with us until the bitter end. And of course it can be shape-shifting demons. Father Seraphim, Orthodox priest (Platina etc.), put this theory into his writings, e.g. Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, chapter 6.

9. Exactly the correct height.

10. I occasionally recall dreaming of people being repetitively unkind or intrusive toward me, while I attempt to adapt and organize a different outcome. I believe it is God’s way of letting me be mildly tormented so that I might be less attached to worldly goods and outcomes.

I occasionally mention Orthodoxy, but I genuinely believe it is better to be Catholic. Or in these idiotocratic times, I should say, “more better”. (lol)
1. What lead you to the faith, and the true? Born into it? By word of faith? family?   I was a cradle Catholic, but my stepfather prevented us from attending Mass after my First Holy Communion.  My Grandparents took me when I was with them.  I veered off course and dabbled in the occult - Tarot, wiccan books, new age junk, etc...  God sent some interesting people into my life to put me back on track.  Much too long of a story for this post.  I came back to the Church when I was about 24 or so and made my confirmation.  It has been an ongoing conversion since then.

2. For those that are single, what do you seek in a partner, besides faith and values?  Happily married to a faithful Catholic man.

3. What kind of home do you live in? Is the locale decent or crap?  We live in a colonial replica house (looks hundreds of years old - which I love, but is only decades old - which my husband loves) with 6 acres of land.  Behind us we have 200+ acres of conservation land - woods, trails, etc..  I LOVE it here.  It is private and quiet and beautiful.  Lots of nature and my kids can run around safely without worry.  We have a couple horses, goats, chickens, ducks, and occasionally pigs.  My little town is fairly rural and mostly conservative - although we are getting more people from the city and it is changing a bit.  However, as far as the blue state I live in..... well.... it is Mordor. 

4. If you have kids...Homeschool, Catholic/public school, etc.?  My eldest daughter went through a variety of school situations.  Parish, public, charter, etc.. She is the reason we homeschooled the rest of them.  I am currently homeschooling my kids.  Two in high school, 1 in middle school, and 3 in primary school.  We are big on Classical Christian education here.

5. Patron saint? St Therese is my confirmation saint and one of my best friends.  My birthday is St. Rita's feast day and I have grown close to her over the years as well.  I am also a spiritual child of St. Padre Pio.  He has done a lot for me.

6. Any experiences that were from God...or not...?  Both.  I believe God is always speaking to us and showing things to us if only we pay attention.

7. Your view on the UFO phenomenon/cryptids?  No idea.  I believe there are things we cannot explain.

8. Number of kids if any? 7

9. Height?  We are not a tall people.

10. Your last dream, if you dream at all?  I don't often remember my dreams.  I do have some strange ones but can't think of the last one I had.
(06-13-2021, 09:32 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote: [ -> ]1. What lead you to the faith, and the true? Born into it? By word of faith? family? 

It was an eight-year process with many graces along the way. The final decisive experience came from St. Francis of Assisi. 

Happily not seeking. I was in an illicit “marriage” (since declared null, due to lack of form) for about a decade & have no wish, desire, perhaps even ability to do that again. 

A wonderful apartment in a big, old, brick Victorian building. High ceilings, lots of large windows, spacious rooms, a walk-in pantry… St. Francis lead us to this place when we were in a bind. I found it on October 3rd (Transiutus of St Francis) and signed the lease on his Feast Day (October 4). St. Joseph also helped. It’s proven perfect for us in so many ways. The city it’s in is a mix of super crappy and some very nice parts in the outskirts. I’d rather live elsewhere, however, there are plenty if conveniences all a stone’s throw from my place. But very few complaints about my actual apartment. The Sacred snd Immaculate Hearts were enthroned here in a beautiful traditional Latin ceremony. 

Mine are all out of school now. Two went through public school and one went through special needs schools through Grade 10.

5. Patron saint?

First, St Francis
Later, St Gertrude the Great of Helfta and St Benedict Joseph Labre

Yes 

My gut feeling is it’s some kind of governmental distraction or setup for some shenanigans to come. 

Three, a son, 32; a daughter, 23, another son, will be 20 on Tuesday. He has autism, and some of your posts sound uncannily like the way he talks and thinks. 

9. Height?

5’ 5.5”

I always dream a lot. The last one was some cute guy wooing me, and he was wooing another girl at the same time, & we were both telling him to get lost, lol — but he kept trying to be charming. 
You are exactly right. I am autistic. I was diagnosed when I with Asperger's Syndrome when I was a toddler. I have realized on a different note realized something about myself: I "hate" people. By that I mean, how people operate. how they communicate how they relate, because I do not understand it and am in ways repulsed by it, I do not know how to describe it. In many ways, I am like a cat. I also found a while back which blew my mind that people do small talk to judge a given social situation. News to me! I thought people small talked just to talk. I just do not understand people. Except online with other people of the faith...and family to a degree, but towards other's I find people...taxing...mentally speaking, and I often find social gatherings...overwhelming. I do not know a single parishioner at the NO I go to, and more often not, I wish not to. Many of them barely kneel as they enter the pews, and it really irks me, many times I am tempted to put my foot on their calf to get them to properly kneel, but that is imprudent. If this were a TLM, I would be more at home (Which I would LOVE to try). But as it is, I am not a member of the parish community, and except for father, I do not know anyone there. I am like a guy who goes to a party and no one knows who is there.

I read myself into it whilst journeying through Ango-Catholicism and Orthodoxy.

N/A

Single-family, owner-occupied in a small rural SE Nebraska town. Wonderful area.

Grown, but it was a mixture of Catholic school, public school, and home school.

5. Patron saint?

St John Chrysostomos (in SerbianСвети Јован Златоусти, Sveti Jovan Zlatousti).

Prayed for a small miracle in front of the Wonderworking Icon of the Theotokos of Tikhvin and it was granted. And, after over 10 years of 'divorce' from my wife we reconciled.

Who knows. I don't see how it impacts my salvation.

Five, seven grandchildren (and one on the way), one great grandchild.

9. Height? 5'9''

I dream frequently but I am totally incapable of remembering them. It can be frustrating! LOL!
ok these are fun:

>Cradle Catholic, weakly-Catholic family
>Goes to Confirmation classes, the classes are awful, doesn't answer questions, doesn't help grow faith, etc.
>Becomes Protestant in ideology, disrespecting Our Lady (now I am extremely Marian in theology so I made up for it)
>Starts studying the Bible more, Biblical scholarship, everything about the Bible
>Starts being able to be extremely strong in my Faith in a moment when I doubted it
>Starts studying into Orthodoxy, almost becomes Orthodox
>God grants me the graces to find His Church, stays Catholic
>Starts studying tradition, becomes a traditional Catholic
>Starts going to Latin Mass every Sunday
>Starts to teach my family more about the Faith
>God changes my family, grants them beautiful graces and they become much more Catholic, now we all go to TLM
>Now I write about the Faith, study the Faith more, and try my best to be devout regardless of my sins

:)

Someone I can talk to. Someone who I can just sit down with, talk with for hours, and feel satisfied because of our talks. Someone I can care for and who will care for me in my hard times, someone who shows me the love I show them.
And someone who is just as much of a Romantic as I am. I am, to my own demise sometimes, a Romantic to the max. So I'd seek in a partner someone who is like me in that regard, someone who is poetic and romantic, someone who enjoys a love poem, a night on the roof, a candlelight dinner, etc.
There's probably like an essay I could write about what I "seek" (like I said, too much of a romantic for my own good haha) but I'm not gonna waste that time XD

N/A.

N/A.

5. Patron saint?
I don't have a specific Patron Saint but I am devoted to Our Lady of Sorrows, Pope St. Pius X, and St. Mark Ji Tianxiang (those who suffer from addictions should really read on him).

Nope.

Demonic activity and/or government activity. 

None at the moment but I think I'd like 3-5. 

9. Height?
N/A

I dreamed I failed an AP US History test because I procrastinated and I was stressing out cause I thought all my chances for college were failed and that I wouldn't have enough AP classes under my belt and all that stuff. It literally felt like a panic attack, so glad it was a dream lol.
(yes I worry way too much about school)
(06-03-2021, 07:47 PM)Anon777 Wrote: [ -> ]1. What lead you to the faith, and the true? Born into it? By word of faith? family?  In high school, I was interested in witchcraft and the occult, and I had a Methodist friend who was interested in Catholicism. We would talk about religion, and I apparently used to ask him all kinds of questions about demons and Satan (I don't really remember). One day, he got frustrated with me and asked why I always asked about the devil and not about God, and I thought to myself, "That's a good question. Why *don't* I ask more about God?" And the rest was history. Convert to Catholicism, raised ever so nominally Episcopalian.

2. For those that are single, what do you seek in a partner, besides faith and values? N/A

3. What kind of home do you live in? Is the locale decent or crap? An apartment. About 50% of the apartment complex is South Asian Indian. It's really cool to see all of their families come outside during the spring, summer and fall and socialize with each other after dinner. All the women socializing together on one side of the parking lot, all the men socializing together on the other side, while both watching their kids as they play in the parking lot (not as unsafe or untoward as it sounds). All the elderly people strolling along the sidewalks or chatting on the various benches, with their grandkids playing in the grassy areas near them.

4. If you have kids...Homeschool, Catholic/public school, etc.? N/A

5. Patron saint? I've never had a particular affinity for saints. Over the past few years, I've developed a pretty strong (or at least strong for me) devotion to the Theotokos. I've kind of always thought, if I've got her, what need do I have of any other saints? I am slowly developing a devotion to Sts. John of Damascus, Catherine of Alexandria and Isaac the Syrian, and traces of a devotion Sts. Nicholas, Spyridon, George and Demetrius.

6. Any experiences that were from God...or not...? A pretty intense one at a healing mass. After the mass was over, the priest and few others starting a charismatic healing/anointing service. When I was anointed, I felt a warm pressure on my forehead and immediately fell backwards. Whoever caught me laid me down on the floor, and by the time I was laid down, I felt the same pressure pressing against my chest, stronger as I breathed in and relaxing as I breathed out. I felt overwhelmed with a sense of being unconditionally loved. All I could focus on was the painting of a dove on the ceiling over the altar, and it was really hard to contain joyful laughter. I almost burst out laughing several times.

7. Your view on the UFO phenomenon/cryptids? I reject that God created this vast universe to sit around unexplored and unnoticed.
Whether aliens have ever visited earth or not, I don't know. I am open to the possibility that all the real UFOs that have been seen are advanced, man-made technology. However, I reject the idea that demons have the power of material creation, so if it's not us, it's aliens.

8. Number of kids if any? 0

9. Height? 5'8"

10. Your last dream, if you dream at all? I rarely remember dreams, and don't remember the last one I had.
Pages: 1 2