FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Such a joy today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Today I went in my youngest daughters room
 She has 3 rosaries.

I keep one of mine on my Madonna statue 
She put her extra rosary on her Madonna statue and picked a rose for Her from our garden ..without me telling her to do this.

She's a teen... What brought you joy today??
It's strange but the house were my other-half baby-sits had an scary incident with a possible child abduction from the front yard the other day (not while she was on duty.) The guy took off running after the mom and her friend confronted him. Then they chased him down with the car and told him they had a loaded gun in the house if he ever came back. Totally shook up the mom. Well then earlier that week our granddaughter took charge of an orphaned Bluejay chick (and is doing an excellent job at it.) So the joy part is the boy (who was in the front yard) has been very tiring to handle due to defiance but now his attitude has changed. For instance: his cousin's bluejay chick is now the coolest thing ever (a big change of attitude) and the defiance has melted away and someone is alot less worn out at the end of the day and the whole bond, if you know what I mean, has strengthened.

Just to add: this is a nice neighborhood and both parent are well employed and love their children but there has been problems in the neighborhood with the homeless in the past and lately a neighbors home was broken into during the daytime. Things have certainly gotten bad but there always will be joy to be found even in these evil times.

I hope this isn't too much information but I had to give you a like and couldn't do it without contributing something:)
Update: I don't know if a broken arm qualifies as joy but the teta broke her wrist and arm in a fall so the three sisters have arranged food preparation shifts (cedo can't cook.) Poor teta, when I heard about it I cringed but said well that will get mom's mind off her troubles. (Teta (grandmother) is Palestinian and cedo (grandfather) is Jordanian, by the way, and both families are Catholics from way, way back. I'll tell you there's something about the blood of Abraham that boggles this American mind then throw in a little Ginger and you know were the defiance comes from:)
Thankfulness to God for all He's given me. And how wonderful God is as seen through nature. Also, coffee. Good morning!
I'm happy that I have all of my senses, and am able to stop and feel the richness of the world and my five senses once in a while.
It is glorious to see a great sunrise,breathe the fresh sea air, feel a gentle coolness, and have the beach almost all to myself. (Picture taken April of 2020)

[Image: 20200711-053006.jpg]
There was a head-on collusion a mile down the road today that required a LifeFlight medical evacuation. The LZ was right by our place so we walked up to watch and video for our grandson who's mad about such things:) What an awesome thing it is to be fifty feet away from a twin engine helicopter landing. When the pilots climbed out I was a little surprised at how young they were! And short (to me). One was about 5'9" and the other around 5'5"". Well they got their bags and the deputy gave them a ride down to the wreck. After they got back with the patient and back in the helicopter they lifted straight up and made a beeline for St. Vincent's. I said 'good job' feeling proud for some reason and my other half said yes, she did do a good job, beaming a little.
(06-09-2021, 10:27 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: [ -> ]There was a head-on collusion a mile down the road today that required a LifeFlight medical evacuation. The LZ was right by our place so we walked up to watch and video for our grandson who's mad about such things:) What an awesome thing it is to be fifty feet away from a twin engine helicopter landing. When the pilots climbed out I was a little surprised at how young they were! And short (to me). One was about 5'9" and the other around 5'5"". Well they got their bags and the deputy gave them a ride down to the wreck. After they got back with the patient and back in the helicopter they lifted straight up and made a beeline for St. Vincent's. I said 'good job' feeling proud for some reason and my other half said yes, she did do a good job, beaming a little.

It's great your son has an interest in aviation, though someone getting hurt so close to home would personally dampen my mood a little. I hope whoever was in the crash makes it.
It's a boy thing
Today I was able to bake a batch of oatmeal cookies which I have not been able to do for over a year. I have a lung issue that causes fatigue, and eating healthy and doing a bit of exercise each day has enabled me to do that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7