FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Have you ever stopped praying for a specific intention?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you ever come to the conclusion that an intention you were praying for is obviously not of God's will so you stopped praying for it? When I told some family members that's what I had done, they told me I had given up and lost hope with God which is a sin and that I need to strengthen my faith, etc. My logic is that after years of praying for said intention and it either being ignored (for lack of a better word) or the opposite event occurring, I finally came to the conclusion that this wasn't God's will for me so I stopped praying for it.
God ALWAYS answers prayers. Unfortunate, from our POV, sometimes the answer is 'No' or 'Not yet'. I don't think you have 'given up on God' in accepting His will that He chose not to answer your prayer with 'Yes'.

That said, don't give up too easily. I prayed for over ten years to be reconciled with my wife after she 'divorced' me. There were times I was tempted to give up, assuming the answer was 'No'. To my great delight, after over a decade, I discovered that His answer had actually beenĀ 'Not yet'.