FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Kilts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What're your opinions on them?  Scandalous?  Fun?  Stupid? Cultural appropriation?  Asking because a substantial amount of women I know hate them.  I love em, let the haters hate and all that, but I'm also very scrupulous about modesty.  Thankfully being male makes it a bit easier, but still something to keep in mind. 

While we're on the topic, what's generally too far for guys?  Like, my normal dress is a button up shirt with rolled up sleeves and the top button undone.  The only thing I've found comfortable during the summer, and a nice balance between "dressy" and casual.  Very cheap too if you get your shirts from thrift/consignment stores.  I don't like shorts, but if I have to wear them I prefer them to end above the knee. 

Asking because I never had to worry about how I dressed (homeschooled and lived rural) but now I'm living at college I find I actually have to pay attention to how I dress. IMO how you should dress is mostly common sense, but fortunately lacking an extra X chromosome I have no idea ya'll find acceptable. 

Toddle pip and have a nice day.
I love kilts. Generally I wear kilts over the top of leggings. A kilts is the only ' skirt ' which one can cycle in.
I like to be modest hence the wearing of leggings underneath the kilts. Womens kilts these days are a lot shorter than men's kilts.
I have two kilts, one is McLeod ancient tartan and the other is the Gow tartan , modern I think
Regards
(07-26-2021, 05:24 PM)AlixSmith Wrote: [ -> ]I love kilts. Generally I wear kilts over the top of leggings. A kilts is the only ' skirt ' which one can cycle in.
I like to be modest hence the wearing of leggings underneath the kilts. Womens kilts these days are a lot shorter than men's kilts.
I have two kilts, one is McLeod ancient tartan and the other is the Gow tartan , modern I think
Regards

Over WHAT!!!?!?!??!?!  *fainting*

Oh, you're a women.  Thank goodness.  For a second I thought there was a guy out there wearing a kilt over leggings lol.
Yes I am a woman lol , I perhaps should have emphasised that seeing how it's not apparent by my name 😅
Indeed, in my humble opinion men wearing leggings is not a good Look, I'm sorry I didn't mean to almost make you faint
Men in kilts however, look very masculine in my opinion, I am of Scots decent, so I appreciate the fact 👍
Thank you ,you made me smile 😃
Giiiiit yerrr haggis, yummy delicious haggis, good furr wut ails ya
I'll stick to Scotch :)
If a man has nice legs, a kilt is most awesome. I'm a fan. But then, I'm a fan of nice legs on men. Legs, throats, hands, collar bones, shoulders. So there's the condundrum: no matter what a person wears, male or female, someone may find it, or some part of the person's body that's not usually seen as enticing, sexy. Think of a foot fetishist coming across a woman in an innocent pair of sandals. We're all doomed.
I've worn a kilt. I find it to be one of the most comfortable garments there is. Would I wear one now? Not bloody likely! I live in rural Nebraska.

I think a lot of the difference in reaction simply comes from the local culture. When I lived in Edmonton, it was not unusual to see a businessman on the bus on his way to the office, wearing a kilt, carrying his briefcase. Of course, Edmonton historically has had a large Scottish presence. In the first election the town held, the ballots were printed in both English and Scots Gaelic because many of the locals spoke no English. Burn's Night is a big thing (and it always includes haggis, which I love!), there's a statue of Robert Burns in front of the MacDonald Hotel (note the Scottish name), etc. etc.

On the other hand, my uncle was a sergeant in the Canadian Scottish Regiment (Princess Mary's), a kilted regiment. When I was a boy he came to visit us in Kansas. He wore his uniform one day to go downtown. He almost caused traffic accidents on the main street and I'm surprised he didn't get sued for causing whiplash in the people who kept staring as they drove by!
Here’s a random kilt story. When my grandmother died and we were at the graveyard about to bury my grandmother, my buddy from high school’s girlfriend’s father randomly appeared dressed in the full Scottish bagpipes attire (including bagpipes) and began to play Amazing Grace. I’m pretty sure a cousin of mine had gotten him to be there.
Illegal. I banned them in my first edict as Emperor of the New Roman Coalition of Kingdoms.
Pages: 1 2