FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I was watching Africans play soccer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was in the park watching Africans play soccer, Nigerians mostly I think because they sounded like Nigerians, laughing happy jolly laughs.  They all seemed very happy, 6 aside playing high quality football.  I watched them for 30 minutes while my daughter and friends had lacrosse practice. That made my week.
(09-23-2021, 11:40 PM)ZeroM Wrote: [ -> ]I was in the park watching Africans play soccer, Nigerians mostly I think because they sounded like Nigerians, laughing happy jolly laughs.  They all seemed very happy, 6 aside playing high quality football.  I watched them for 30 minutes while my daughter and friends had lacrosse practice. That made my week.

Football (soccer for the Yanks) is truly 'The Beautiful Game'.
[Image: _1iP6d.gif]
(09-23-2021, 11:40 PM)ZeroM Wrote: [ -> ]I was in the park watching Africans play soccer, Nigerians mostly I think because they sounded like Nigerians, laughing happy jolly laughs.  They all seemed very happy, 6 aside playing high quality football.  I watched them for 30 minutes while my daughter and friends had lacrosse practice. That made my week.
I personally hate soccer, football, and baseball. Bowling is the true gentleman's game
I prefer  tennis. My son's were Varsity. I started them young.

My daughter plays too. It's a sport that does not require an entire team and older adults can play into retirement.

Now my husband and sons are diehard baseball fans too and anything with a ball..football, soccer,and so on.
I think sports should be for fun. My husband thinks differently.

I brought my Yorkie to tennis practice today and the girls were so happy to see him and he was happy to see them too.