FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Religious orders for those with ASD/Asperger's syndrome that are good.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been mulling it over for a while and have been considering religious life but I do not know of any orders that would take someone with my condition or what order I should go for tbh. I would like to be more solemn but IDK if i want one with works of charity vs contemplative.ย 

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Praise be to Jesus Christ! Maybe Dominicans or Benedictines! God bless!
(10-13-2021, 02:37 PM)rianjcleary Wrote: [ -> ]Praise be to Jesus Christ! Maybe Dominicans or Benedictines! God bless!
I am not sure who would be friendly to taking me in though. Any specific orders in America or New England at the least?

: )

I want to escape the dunghill of this world and focus on sanctification and joining a religious order might just help with that, particularly getting a rule of life in order.
I have absolutely no idea, sorry! I'm sure most would be willing to make adjustments within reason though! Speak to your Confessor for sure!
And, having spoken with your confessor, depending on his advice, contact some of the orders that might be of interest to you and see what they have to say.

I seriously doubt that there are any specific religious orders for people on the autism spectrum.
EVERY AUTISTIC PERSON HAS A DIFFERENT PERSONALITY, PERIOD.

Where has God called you? Study the life of St. Joseph Cupertino, please.
(10-13-2021, 03:55 PM)Jย Michael Wrote: [ -> ]And, having spoken with your confessor, depending on his advice, contact some of the orders that might be of interest to you and see what they have to say.

I seriously doubt that there are any specific religious orders for people on the autism spectrum.
But are there any willing to take me. On another note I just bought St Louis De Montfort's book of hymns
(10-13-2021, 04:16 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: [ -> ]EVERY AUTISTIC PERSON HAS A DIFFERENT PERSONALITY, PERIOD.

Where has God called you? Study the life of St. Joseph Cupertino, please.
Perhaps religious life. I may become a lay order IDK
(10-13-2021, 05:09 PM)Anon777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2021, 03:55 PM)Jย Michael Wrote: [ -> ]And, having spoken with your confessor, depending on his advice, contact some of the orders that might be of interest to you and see what they have to say.

But are there any willing to take me.
There's only one way to find out.
(10-13-2021, 02:37 PM)rianjcleary Wrote: [ -> ]Praise be to Jesus Christ! Maybe Dominicans or Benedictines! God bless!
I have for some reason seem to be called to the Saint Louis deย Montfort order. I got a book of his hymns and they are, though in english real wonderful and moving. IDK If they are a good order though if I can be given info on it?

๏ฟฝ๐Ÿ˜