FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Examples of penitential acts to do every day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I wanted to do something penitential every day...at least one thing...what are some examples?

I know prayer and fasting are obvious, but I'd love to read about your other practices, devotions and ideas.
I pray the rosary and do things I'd rather not and offer it up to God..such as dishes, laundry cleaning or anything I am procrastinating about.

This too is a prayer. Look at Little Flower and Her simple way.
(10-18-2021, 02:37 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: [ -> ]I pray the rosary and do things I'd rather not and offer it up to God..such as dishes, laundry cleaning or anything I am procrastinating about.

This too is a prayer. Look at Little Flower and Her simple way.
To be more specific, I am newly in a confraternity that requires you do five specific things every day. Among them are praying the rosary and wearing the scapular, both of which I already practice.

I hadn't really considered offering up procrastinated tasks, but that's a good one. The Little Way indeed :)
Smoke less. Seriously, smokers have it wonderful. Anytime you need to offer something up for some one or something you can just stop smoking for a little bit.
(10-18-2021, 04:24 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: [ -> ]Smoke less.  Seriously, smokers have it wonderful.  Anytime you need to offer something up for some one or something you can just stop smoking for a little bit.
Unfortunately, I am not a smoker. 😂 But you raise a good point.
Hold the salt. hold dessert.
Did you join the confraternity of Our Lady of Fatima? Me too!

I'd second choosetowitness's suggestions. Cold or lukewarm showers are good too.
Don’t speak when you want to say something.

Give something away that you’d like to keep for yourself. 

Cheerfully do a favor for someone who annoys or takes advantage of you.

Work against a particular bad habit.
Truthfully, go read Imitation of Christ. It's here on FishEaters in pdf form (I think). It's offers amazing ideas, suggestions and tips to increase your holiness.
(10-18-2021, 07:08 PM)neanderthal-slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Did you join the confraternity of Our Lady of Fatima? Me too!

I'd second choosetowitness's suggestions. Cold or lukewarm showers are good too.
I did!
Pages: 1 2