FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: If your Christmas cards look like this..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Don't send me preprinted cards with a typed envelope label of you and family on vacation. Very impersonal.
Hand write cards!!

It's Jesus birth. A pic of the kids inside is fine.

What do you think?
"Here's what we look like this year!"
Yeah, if I really wanted to see the whole crew posed in matching Target pajamas at the family cabin and/or their fat dog miserably wearing a Santa hat, I'd make a Facebook account.

Lol...I'm not actually quite that cynical. While I LOVE hand-making Christmas cards and hand-writing messages in them, I don't expect everyone I get a card from to be the same way. But it is kinda sad how few cards we receive that have anything other than a little signature handwritten in them.

Blessed to be thought of, nonetheless.
I used to make my own Christmas cards every year, either designed by hand and printed, or written by hand.  But then I got hit by a car and lost my ability to write for a few years, and since then I've just had to settle for store-bought.  At least I still keep them religious, however!
Someone I know makes a woodcut ink postcard every year. Amazing.
How do you feel about a short Christmas-themed newsletter highlighting recent events in the family, accompanying pictures, and maybe a few other things like poems that the children have written? And of course, it would be printed. ;)
A family newsletter is fine.
It's just annoying to see kids well over 13 with a macaw on Thier arm being weird and says to me we where here______. No signature and preprinted label.

I like a nice Christ centered card handwritten. But as someone says above, at least they thought of us.
While I appreciate a home made card or a card with Catholic art that is beautiful, I appreciate that someone thought enough about me to send me a card and I like seeing family pictures.
I like to send Christmas cards that portray the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ. There are many beautifully designed cards which do that. Inside, I write two short paragraphs on a small, separate piece of paper. Updated family photos sound nice also.
(11-06-2021, 03:29 AM)piscis Wrote: [ -> ]How do you feel about a short Christmas-themed newsletter highlighting recent events in the family, accompanying pictures, and maybe a few other things like poems that the children have written? And of course, it would be printed. ;)
NOOOO! Of course, I'm prejudiced. The wife has an aunt who did that for years. Everything was always rosy and peachy keen. All of the kids could have been arrested on drug charges and the girls could have been pregnant out of wedlock by a one night stand and she would have managed to put a positive spin on the whole thing. The 'real' daughter (the other two children were adopted) always got top billing with reams about her successes academically, the prizes she won playing the accordion, etc., etc. The other kids got a paragraph. It was sickening, year after year.
Pages: 1 2 3