FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Christianity's Astonishing, Incredible, Success Story in Africa!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the beginning of the last century, in 1900, there were scarcely 10 million Christians in Africa. Many good missionaries may have thought Africa would never come to Jesus Christ. But it is not all doom-and-gloom, there is Good News! Jesus Christ Our King is Triumphing in Africa! There are now 685 MILLION Christians in Africa (!!!) more than in any other Continent. Roughly half of those Christians are Catholic Christians, and perhaps about 5-10% of Catholics in Africa are Traditional Catholics. Cardinal Sarah, a doctrinal and liturgical traditionalist, is from the African Church. So is Cardinal Arinze, a friend of Tradition. The African Bishops are generally very conservative on morals also. Archbishop Lefebvre, French Catholic Missionary to Africa, who had a great heart for the African people - like every true missionary must have, to the people he serves in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ - must be smiling down from Heaven at all this.

God is doing amazing, great, unheard of, unthinkable things in the Universal Church in our times. May the Precious Blood of Jesus save the precious African people. In Our Lord Jesus' Name. Amen. Thoughts about what God is doing in Africa?

Wikipedia: "According to a 2018 study by the Gordon–Conwell Theological Seminary, more Christians live in Africa than any other continent, with 631 million Christians.[7] The study also states that Latin America has the second-highest number of Christians at 601 million Christians, while Europe has the third-highest with 571 million Christians.[8]

According to updated data for 2021, there are now nearly 685 million Christians in Africa, with 760 million expected by 2025.[9] This surpasses earlier estimates of 630 million to 700 million for 2025: "By 2025, that number is expected to nearly double, to somewhere between 630 and 700 million believers."[10] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Africa
Three days ago I read an interesting article that recalled how John XXIII, by the means of a radio message on Radio Mater, started to broadcast in various African languages in 1961.
Unfortunately I couldn't find the original recording of John XXIII Latin announcement, but I'm glad to hear there are nations where Catholicism is advancing and that, since 1961 there's been progress.
It's just a pity Europe is becoming more and more a godless pile of disposed syringes.
We in Africa and Asia (I am from India), where the Church is now doing relatively well, greatly respect and love American and European Christians, who in former ages especially labored and sacrificed so much, in blood, sweat, tears and toil, to bring us the Blessings of Christianity and Civilization. We pray for your Western Countries that they may come out of liberalism and lukewarmness, to Strong Faith in Christ, to His Gospel and His Church. It's very important that there should be high rates of Church Attendance. https://cara.georgetown.edu/caraservices...dance.html Mass Attendance is very high in some African countries, which are relatively poorer, but unfortunately lower in many European countries, which are much richer. Riches are good if we use them to bless others and to spread the Gospel and build up the Kingdom of God. But if we want to live in luxury and are not willing to go to Church, then it is very bad. Let us pray for all Christendom, especially European Christendom, which for so many hundreds and over a 1000 years, was the Heart of Christendom.

God Bless.
Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, pray for us.
I shared this news with a friend, as I heard christian missionaries giving bibles out.

They asked if food was given too.
Thanks be to the Lord for the growth of the Church in Africa!

A couple of years ago our parish had a wonderful priest from Africa stay with us for about two and a half years while he got a degree in a nearby University here in Florida. He could speak English well and helped much in our parish as we were in need of another priest. The pictures that were shown and the stories he told endeared him to us. Now the Knights of Columbus and the Women's group in our parish have helped a lot with funds raised. We are thankful to see the improvements of their living conditions, and will continue to share more assistance. Thanks be to the Lord!
(11-09-2021, 11:51 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, pray for us.
Mgr. was the archbishop of Dakar.