FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Consecration to St. Joseph
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone here done the consecration to St. Joseph as described in Fr. Donald Calloway's book, Consecration to St. Joseph: The Wonders of Our Spiritual Father?  I just ordered the book.

What has your experience been?

Also, do you have a particular devotion to St. Joseph?
(11-09-2021, 06:12 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone here done the consecration to St. Joseph as described in Fr. Donald Calloway's book, Consecration to St. Joseph: The Wonders of Our Spiritual Father?  I just ordered the book.

What has your experience been?

Also, do you have a particular devotion to St. Joseph?

Yes, I have read that book and did the Consecration to St. Joseph.  Now my devotion to him has increased.  I learned a lot from that book!
My devotion to St Joseph has been increasing which is why I went through the book and the consecration, my Parish added prayers to St Joseph to the prayers after the Mass and it was the year of St Joseph so went through the consecration. I thought it was worth my while and my devotion to St Joseph has increased and have added daily prayers to St Joseph.

A good prayer to St Joseph after the Rosary.

https://sspx.org/en/thee-o-blessed-joseph
Since Covid, my wife and I have added the Prayer to St Joseph after our Angelus so I am saying it three times a day in an effort to foster a better devotion to St Joseph.  It’s unfortunate that many days I don’t pray it well.  I am going to look into the consecration.
Several things I didn't know and that surprised me is that some of the saints have taught that St. Joseph was sinless from birth and that he was assumed into heaven.

I'm looking forward to learning more about St. Joseph.
(11-10-2021, 11:48 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote: [ -> ]Several things I didn't know and that surprised me is that some of the saints have taught that St. Joseph was sinless from birth and that he was assumed into heaven.
That's just an assumption.
That's a great idea, I will pick this book up. I am Cons crated to Mary
Can you be Consecrated to more?
AnaCarolina1 Wrote:That's a great idea, I will pick this book up. I am Cons crated to Mary
Can you be Consecrated to more?

Yes, Fr. Calloway says that it is very good to be consecrated both to Our Lady and to St. Joseph.  He says this is very pleasing to Our Lady.
On consecration both to Our Lady and St. Joseph, see Fr. Calloway's page:  https://www.consecrationtostjoseph.org/i...ction.html

There it says:

Quote:If you have already consecrated yourself to the Virgin Mary, can you be consecrated to St. Joseph, as well?

The answer is a resounding “Yes!” God desires that all children be committed to the care of a mother and a father. You are not a member of a single-parent spiritual family. Mary is your spiritual mother, and St. Joseph is your spiritual father. The spiritual fatherhood of St. Joseph is extremely important for your spiritual growth. Total consecration to Mary is not diminished by total consecration to St. Joseph. Mary wants you to consecrate yourself to St. Joseph! Jesus wants you to consecrate yourself to St. Joseph! Everything you have given to Jesus and Mary can also be given to St. Joseph. The hearts of Jesus, Mary, and St. Joseph are one.
I'm going to make my consecration on December 26th, the Feast of the Holy Family.
Pages: 1 2