FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Chickenpox sighting!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chickenpox has been seen by this casual observer in the parking lot of a local grocery store on the face of an unquestionably cute little boy (not mine). At the time I remember thinking, I hope my youngest 3 get it so it is done with.

So, this morning... voila! Dominic does indeed have the little itchy bumps. I hope that the other two were exposed at the same time because the incubation period is 10 to 21 days and we have a wedding scheduled in 21 days.

I am inspecting little bodies for red dots every hour or whenever they run by.

Oatmeal baths, calamine lotion, what else? It has been 15 years since we had a round of chickenpox at our house. 
Quote:
Home Remedies for Chicken Pox Chicken Pox treatment using Brown Vinegar The use of brown vinegar is one of the most important among the several home remedies found beneficial in the treatment of chicken pox. Half a cup of this vinegar should be added to a bath of warm water. This will relieve the irritation of the skin.

Chicken Pox treatment using Oatmeal A bath of oatmeal is considered a natural remedy for relieving the itch due to chicken pox. This bath is prepared by cooking two cups of oatmeal in two liters of water for fifteen minutes. This mixture is then put into a cloth bag, preferably cotton, and a string is tied tightly around the top. This bag is allowed to float in a tub of warm water, and swished around until the water becomes turbid. Precaution should be taken to ensure that the bag is not torn. The child with chicken pox can splash and play in the water, making sure that water goes over all the scalds, while the pouch of oatmeal can remain in the tub .

Chicken Pox treatment using Pea Water Green pea water is another effective remedy for relieving irritation of the skin. The water in which fresh peas have been cooked can be used for this purpose.

Chicken Pox treatment using Baking Soda Baking soda is a popular remedy to control the itching in chicken pox. Some baking soda should be put in a glass of water. The child should be sponged with this water, so that the soda dries on the skin. This will keep the child away from scratching the eruptions.

Chicken Pox treatment using Vitamin E Oil The use of vitamin E oil is valuable in chicken pox. This oil should be rubbed on the skin. It will have a healing effect. The marks left by chicken pox will fade away by this application.

Chicken Pox treatment using Honey The use of honey as an external application has also proved valuable in chicken pox. The skin should be smeared with honey. It will help in the healing of the disease within three days.

Chicken Pox treatment using Herbal Tea A mild sedative herbal tea can also prove beneficial in the treatment of chicken pox. This tea can be prepared from any of the herbs like chamomile (babunah), basil (tulsi), marigold (zergul) and lemon balm (billilotan). A little cinnamon (dalchini), honey, and lemon may be added to this tea. 1t should be sipped slowly several times a day.

I hope this helps and the angels feel better soon I can't stand it when little kids get sick.
Cut their nails so when they scratch they don't grind off their skin.  Or tape socks over their hands like mittens if they get bad.

Otherwise, it sounds like you've got it covered.  My good wishes to the little one who has them.  I hated it when I got them; I can remember it almost 30 years later.

AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:Chickenpox has been seen by this casual observer in the parking lot of a local grocery store on the face of an unquestionably cute little boy (not mine). At the time I remember thinking, I hope my youngest 3 get it so it is done with.

So, this morning... voila! Dominic does indeed have the little itchy bumps. I hope that the other two were exposed at the same time because the incubation period is 10 to 21 days and we have a wedding scheduled in 21 days.

I am inspecting little bodies for red dots every hour or whenever they run by.

Oatmeal baths, calamine lotion, what else? It has been 15 years since we had a round of chickenpox at our house. 

Awwww.
Round up all the kids in your area and throw them in the bath with your kids so as you can create a chicken pox village.
I remember a yellow liquid that was put in the baths....no not that...when I was growing up.
It stunk but it stopped the itching.
Marty Wrote:I remember a yellow liquid that was put in the baths....no not that...when I was growing up.
It stunk but it stopped the itching.

Beer? [Image: beer.gif]

If it stunk, it was probably "Milwaukee's Best".

I hated the Chicken Pox when I had it growing up, so I feel terrible for your little ones! :(  Those home remedies sounds wonderful, however I cannot imagine smearing little kids with honey!! :lol: What a mess that would be. There was a medication our doctor gave us growing up, I think it started with a Z...it tasted sort of like bananas and it seriously cleared up the infection within a few days once we started taking it. Miracle stuff!
I hope they get better quickly!

EDIT: Okay, I just realised how old this thread is! Chicken Pox are probably over and done with and this is old news. [Image: embarrassed.gif]
I think it's called Zovirox or something like that.  They gave it to me when I had shingles, and they also use it for herpes since all three are the same virus family.
Shingles.  There's something I hope I never get again.  It makes chicken pox look like fun.
We are in the midst of round two. Apparently, the spots that Drew and Nathan had at the same time as Dominic were imposters! Nathan started popping out (again) yesterday and this morning he was covered. Since he is a kindergartner and likes to count everything, we tried. We quit somewhere around 220. :( 

Drew started breaking out today.

The good news is that they will both be done with it before their sister's wedding, except for a few scabs.