FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: New Hampshire: Building a Trad Community in Winchester
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
See WinchesterOption's post below for information about the trad community in Winchester, New Hampshire:
I met the french Priest there, I liked him quite a lot. St. Stan's in Nashua is popping though, for while they were offering three Masses a day and they were all packed. (well I'm assuming the 7:00 was, I rarely went to it haha)
The Winchester Option
Real estate Twitter acct: @WinchOption

This community is centered around St. Stanislaus Parish in Winchester, New Hampshire. The parish was started in 2019 as a second location of the FSSP's personal parish in Nashua, N.H. (confusingly also named St. Stanislaus). It was formally handed over to the Institute of the Good Shepherd (Institutum a Bono Pastore, IBP) in 2021 by Bishop Peter Libasci.

If you want to visit, we have a Sung Mass every Sunday at 10:30 a.m., followed by a coffee social in the basement where you can meet the priest and other parishioners.

The parish is located about 15 minutes from the second campus of Thomas Aquinas College in Northfield, Massachusetts. TAC is a Cardinal Newman Society recommended college. This campus opened in 2019 and will continue to grow in students, faculty and staff for the next decade.

For K-12 education, many families homeschool. There is also a parochial school, St. Michael's, about 25 minutes away in Brattleboro, Vermont. St. Michael School is part of a Novus Ordo diocesan parish, but it has a classical curriculum and several teachers and administrators at the school are trads.

St. Stanislaus Parish
A TLM personal parish of the Institute of the Good Shepherd
winchesterlatinmass.com
Facebook page

About Winchester, N.H.
A town of about 4,000 in SW New Hampshire, on the border with Massachusetts and close to Vermont. There is a thriving community of family farms here (mostly non-Catholic) for anyone interested in a "back to the land" style BenOp. Housing in Winchester itself is very tight right now (Jan. 2022) but keep an eye on the Twitter account (@WinchOption) for homes on the market.
Wikipedia page * Town gov't page * Zillow listings

God bless you! I would love to chat with anyone interested in visiting, relocating, or just learning more.

Organizer: Dan Berger
Email: dan dot berger at protonmail.com
Personal Twitter acct: @t0themountain
(01-26-2022, 03:56 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: [ -> ]I met the french Priest there, I liked him quite a lot.  St. Stan's in Nashua is popping though, for  while they were offering three Masses a day and they were all packed.  (well I'm assuming the 7:00 was, I rarely went to it haha)
We bought a house near Winchester and are in contact with the priest there to exorcise our house.  I wish I could have you all over for a summer bbq, esp you, Vox.im eternally grateful for you and your site.
Lol, I'm only there for the other three months.
Winchester, NH sounds like a lovely place. I have a very romantic idea of New England: rolling hills, the sea nearby, seafood, lots of old places -- sounds davoon. I so hope people find this post, make their way there, form a fantabulous trad community, and live happily ever after.

And I hope others do what WinchesterOption is doing and get communities going in their necks of the wood, too. Imagine what things could look like after ten years of trads doing just this!

[ActusFidei, you likely wouldn't want me around; I'm one of those there smokers LOL But I thank you for thinking of me :) ]
Thank you for inviting me to post here, Vox. I love New England so much. (We're not near the coast, though.)
(01-26-2022, 05:06 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Winchester, NH sounds like a lovely place. I have a very romantic idea of New England: rolling hills, the sea nearby, seafood, lots of old places -- sounds davoon. I so hope people find this post, make their way there, form a fantabulous trad community, and live happily ever after.

And I hope others do what WinchesterOption is doing and get communities going in their necks of the wood, too. Imagine what things could look like after ten years of trads doing just this!

[ActusFidei, you likely wouldn't want me around; I'm one of those there smokers LOL But I thank you for thinking of me :) ]

I've lived here my whole life, only left NE once since I was 4.  I don't know how you guys in the midwest do it, everytime I see pictures of it I get depressed lol.  So... flat, yuck :)

Geographically I prefer Maine, it has a more wild and youthful feeling than NH, but politically and religiously NH is way better.  They defunded PP, Ivermectin is going to be approved for over the counter sale, COVID restrictions were minimal compared to Maine, gun laws are wonderful, the only thing I can think of that Maine wins is alcohol sales (NH is all gov. liquor stores IIRC, I was shocked to find out the supermarkets don't sale whisky) and underage drinking. (at home with parent's presence in Maine, flat out ban in NH IIRC, which actually makes it better because that's an unjust law)

I plan on living in NH after I graduate, I feel bad for abandoning Maine but there's a far better community down there.  Then again I want to write, so I'm less concerned about job options.  If that doesn't work out my plan is to go to trade school, and hopefully get certified as a machinist and work for the one of the numerous firearms companies there.  

Also fun fact: The area around Nashua was originally settled by frog missionaries IIRC, and then we kicked them out.  

Also it's becoming far too easy to doxx me lol.
Thank you for sharing this Vox and WinchesterOption. This may be salient for me and my unvaxxed Atlantic Canadian Catholic family who might have to flee looming tyranny.
(01-26-2022, 05:31 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2022, 05:06 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Winchester, NH sounds like a lovely place. I have a very romantic idea of New England: rolling hills, the sea nearby, seafood, lots of old places -- sounds davoon. I so hope people find this post, make their way there, form a fantabulous trad community, and live happily ever after.

I've lived here my whole life, only left NE once since I was 4.  I don't know how you guys in the midwest do it, everytime I see pictures of it I get depressed lol.  So... flat, yuck :)

Geographically I prefer Maine, it has a more wild and youthful feeling than NH, but politically and religiously NH is way better.  They defunded PP, Ivermectin is going to be approved for over the counter sale, COVID restrictions were minimal compared to Maine, gun laws are wonderful, the only thing I can think of that Maine wins is alcohol sales (NH is all gov. liquor stores IIRC, I was shocked to find out the supermarkets don't sale hard liquor) and underage drinking. (at home with parent's presence in Maine, flat out ban in NH IIRC, which actually makes it better because that's an unjust law)

I plan on living in NH after I graduate, I feel bad for abandoning Maine but there's a far better community down there.  Then again I want to write, so I'm less concerned about job options.  If that doesn't work out my plan is to go to trade school, and hopefully get certified as a machinist and work for the one of the numerous firearms companies there.  

Also fun fact: The area around Nashua was originally settled by froggie missionaries IIRC, and then we kicked them out.  

Also it's becoming far too easy to doxx me lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4