FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Out of the Mouths of Babes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like we could all use a little smile today, so I thought I'd share a scene from breakfast a few days ago.

We have a small, black and white Daniel Mitsui print of the Last Supper on the wall behind our kitchen table (he generously made downloads available with donation as parishes shut down in 2020 so folks could better pray at home).

My 2.5 yr old son noticed it for the first time and asked, "Mommy, what's that?" In a rush to clean up, I gave the quick reply, "Oh that's the Last Supper! It's when Jesus instituted the Eucharist."

He stared at it thoughtfully for a minute, then suddenly exclaimed, "IT'S THE MASS!"

... we've never given him a definition of the word "Eucharist" before. Don't ever recall even using it around my son before - we keep explanations pretty simple. Him making that connection with the first Mass was NOT my doing. A pretty cool moment.
Very interesting! Very intuitive...
Beautiful! When our middle son, who is now a communist (please pray for him) was little, I remember one Christmas when I was singing The First Noel, when I got to the chorus, Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel, Born is the King of Israel, with no prompting, he pointed at the picture of the Sacred Heart on the wall.
Our two and a half year old can say..."bala". That's a made up word. It means "banana". However he knows there is a crucifix in a drawer in my office, and he likes to go take it out of the drawer and kiss it.
(02-24-2022, 05:51 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful! When our middle son, who is now a communist (please pray for him) was little, I remember one Christmas when I was singing The First Noel, when I got to the chorus, Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel, Born is the King of Israel, with no prompting, he pointed at the picture of the Sacred heart on the wall.

Certainly, Jovan! I will keep him in my intentions. It's incredible what our littles can "see" in their state of innocence and grace before the age of reason, isn't it?
(02-24-2022, 06:28 PM)Marmot Wrote: [ -> ]Our two and a half year old can say..."bala". That's a made up word. It means "banana". However he knows there is a crucifix in a drawer in my office, and he likes to go take it out of the drawer and kiss it.

How sweet! Good thing that words are not necessary for devotion to Our Lord, eh? :)
I love this story!!! It’s always a joy to hear kids keeping the faith!!