FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Dayton, OH area fishies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not looking to organize any meetups or anything, but it'd be nice to know if any other users attend at Holy Family here.

I love this place, and Father Gabet has been a wonderful teacher & all-round great man to talk to as I've started my catechism.
(04-10-2022, 03:00 PM)DerSuchende Wrote: [ -> ]Not looking to organize any meetups or anything, but it'd be nice to know if any other users attend at Holy Family here.

I love this place, and Father Gabet has been a wonderful teacher & all-round great man to talk to as I've started my catechism.
I live in southeastern Indiana, and I would love to attend Holy Family.  Holy Family is about an hour and half from me. I am registered at FSSP in Brookville so I'm familiar with Holy Family.
(04-10-2022, 08:12 PM)SalveMaterMisericordiæ Wrote: [ -> ]I live in southeastern Indiana, and I would love to attend Holy Family.  Holy Family is about an hour and half from me. I am registered at FSSP in Brookville so I'm familiar with Holy Family.

Definitely worth the drive if you're up to it. Feel free to DM me if you decide to attend for whatever occasion, I'd be happy to give you my spare room for the night before/day after if you need it (I'm right down the road from the church). Easter's already booked, though; my parents are visiting!
I highly second the recommendation for Holy Family. I'm there regularly. DerSuchende, do you know Robert, the usher? He's a friend of mine. My drive is somewhere in between yours and SMM's.
(04-10-2022, 09:55 PM)dahveed Wrote: [ -> ]I highly second the recommendation for Holy Family. I'm there regularly. DerSuchende, do you know Robert, the usher? He's a friend of mine. My drive is somewhere in between yours and SMM's.

I haven't spoken to either of the ushers beyond light pleasantries before mass, but if he's the one who collects from the Epistle side (long, grey hair & beard), then I at least know what he looks like.
That's him.