FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Imaginary wife
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Can the marriage of an real man and an imaginary woman be considered valid and lawful?
Really???
The answer is no.
The real question is, why would it even ever occur to anyone to "marry" an imaginary person, much less think it might somehow be "valid"?
No.  Are you trolling?
I’m reminded of a story Jung told about a celibate man — I think he was a priest — who dreamed every night about a wife and children.  He had a married life in his dreams.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGSo6To41j02cfwjzHGWk...A&usqp=CAU]
(04-25-2022, 07:19 PM)Iconodule Wrote: [ -> ]No.  Are you trolling?
No
(04-25-2022, 07:17 PM)J Michael Wrote: [ -> ]The real question is, why would it even ever occur to anyone to "marry" an imaginary person, much less think it might somehow be "valid"?
to deal with lasting loneliness,  is very difficult.
(04-25-2022, 07:01 PM)Phoromporenor Wrote: [ -> ]Can the marriage of an real man and an imaginary woman be considered valid and lawful?

No because the person isn't real. If someone tried to do so, I think they should get evaluated at a psych ward. If such an endeavor was genuinely entertained, I'd consider it a sign of schizophrenia or some other mental illness. 

God be with you
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5