FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Hi - introducing myself - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome Wagon (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements, Welcomes, Goodbyes, & Forum Problems (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Hi - introducing myself (/showthread.php?tid=11729)

Hi - introducing myself - faith68 - 03-07-2007

Hi all. I am not Catholic (yet). Was raised Episcopalian and left after the liberals officially took over my home town church.  I was introduced to traditional Catholicism at a young age by a family friend who experienced the "before and after" of Vat. II.  This friend says that the Mass is not valid, there aren't any priests anymore, etc...  So I've been sitting on the fence for a long time not sure what to do.  I have a hard time with the NO myself, as it is quite modern compared to the Anglican liturgy I was raised with.  I feel comfortable saying that now that I heard Marcus Grodi state that this is a common issue for Anglicans.  I love the Tridentine Mass but there's not one close to me.  Hope I can learn from you guys!

Hi - introducing myself - Daniel - 03-07-2007

Faith68
The proposition that the new rites of the sacraments are lacking to the extent that they are not valid is an argument that can be supported to some extent. If it were to be true the associated problems are too extensive and traumatic to be considered, so I don't and suggest you don't either.

I would suggest finding a Parish where the Truths contained in the Divine Traditions of Catholicism are preserved properly so you don't have to worry about the validity of novus ordo consecrations and other sacraments. It will only challenge your belief that God has it all in hand and do you no good.

Just worry about yourself at first and move on from there if you must. Validity of the novus ordo is a very scary subject because of what it means for those caught up in it should it be invalid. I dearly hope it is valid for the sake of those involved, but I am in a situation where the consequences do not effect my family or I personally.

Good Luck there mate. See you on the forum.

Hi - introducing myself - McMaster - 03-07-2007

Daniel Wrote:The proposition that the new rites of the sacraments are lacking to the extent that they are not valid is an argument that can be supported to some extent. If it were to be true the associated problems are too extensive and traumatic to be considered, so I don't and suggest you don't either.

I do, and I find that the claimed support for this argument falls far short of proof. (Details available on request, but not in this "Introduce yourself" thread!) Marcus Grodi and the Coming Home Network may not have much to say about the traditional Latin Mass and related matters, but at least they'll probably give you the right stuff about the unity and indefectibility of the Church. On that basis, you should be able to conclude that the Catholic Church does still have priests (and bishops, and a Pope), and valid sacraments, and you should join it--even though, as predicted, it's like a big fishing net that contains some pretty vile-smelling "fish" along with the good ones (Matthew 13:47-50). Welcome aboard, in advance!

Blessings,

Don McMaster

Hi - introducing myself - PsychoMonkey - 03-07-2007

<font size="2">Welcome. Nice to know you.</font>

Hi - introducing myself - Historian - 03-07-2007

Gday faith68. :smile:
Hope you have fun here.