FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Our New Church (Photos) - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Corner Pub (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Pig Roast: Mingle and Eat Cooked Pig (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Our New Church (Photos) (/showthread.php?tid=12520)

Pages: 1 2 3

Our New Church (Photos) - Historian - 04-16-2007

I attend the Indult, and until this week, we used a church that also had the NO mass. Just yesterday, we celebrated our first mass at our own church -no Sunday NO masses at this church. :)  We now have mass at St. Stanislaus in Milwaukee, WI. Yesterday was the first time I had ever seen it, and the beauty took my breath away. Our Archbishop was there to welcome us into our new home.

[Image: IMG_0050.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0061.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0053.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0049.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0046.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0042.jpg]

I didn't want to spend all my time there taking pics, so I'll have to get more next week, but this gives you an idea of how beautiful the church is. :)

Our New Church (Photos) - Philomena - 04-16-2007

Gorgeous! Thanks, JLeigh!

Our New Church (Photos) - Deidre - 04-16-2007

So incredibly jealous! My church doesn't even have a crucifix over the altar...[Image: frown.gif]  Did you guys just "move" to a new church? Tell me that the parish didn't fundraise and build that themselves!

Our New Church (Photos) - nicollette - 04-16-2007

That't beautiful!

Nice! :)

Deidre Wrote:So incredibly jealous! My church doesn't even have a crucifix over the altar...[Image: frown.gif]  Did you guys just "move" to a new church? Tell me that the parish didn't fundraise and build that themselves!

Yes, we just moved there - our Archbishop "gave" it to us, so to speak. It was built in 1873. :)

Our New Church (Photos) - LuciaRosa - 04-17-2007

I love the Stations!!

Our New Church (Photos) - Mornac - 04-17-2007

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0px">Outstanding!
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0px"> 
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0px">When His Excellency "gave" it to you, did he also "give" you permission to get rid of the Cranmer table and use the High Altar? I see you have what appears to be an ad hoc Communion rail. Any chance of installing something a little more permanent?

Our New Church (Photos) - Historian - 04-17-2007

Very tastefully put together parish, J!  I really like the rood (I think that's what it's called) with the crucifix on top - always a nice touch!

Our New Church (Photos) - Historian - 04-17-2007

Mornac Wrote:<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0px">Outstanding!
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0px">When His Excellency "gave" it to you, did he also "give" you permission to get rid of the Cranmer table and use the High Altar?
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0px">I have no idea -still lots of transition going on.
Quote:I see you have what appears to be an ad hoc Communion rail. Any chance of installing something a little more permanent?

The photo was shot during set up. There are no permanent communion rails; just four removable ones.