FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Enter the Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Forum: Catholic News Archive VII (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Thread: Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? (/showthread.php?tid=20483)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Historian - 07-29-2008

Quote:It applied to the fact Russia was not consecrated according to Our Lady's wishes

What applied?? You still havent answered the question. Our Lady's wishes were very general. You're reading things into them that arent there. Who are you to say what her wishes are? That is for HER to say. And all she actually said was that the Holy Father should consecrate Russia along with the world's bishops. She never said, "mention it specifically by name" or any other legalistic details like that. She therefore left a lot of latitude in terms of the form the consecration prayers took, etc.

Quote:And how dare you say I twisted anything when I supplied direct quotes.

Quotes which you interpreted in an entirely tortuous way.

Quote:Should I believe sister Lucia, or you?

Which Sister Lucia? The [alleged] words of "your" Sister Lucia ? Or those of "our" Sister Lucia, who you claim was an imposter in some sort of bizarre cover-up or conspiracy theory?

Because ours (the one you say is fake) said it happened and was accepted in heaven.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - PrayforMallory - 07-29-2008

Wasn't Pope John Paul II almost assassinated? Also, When he consecrated the world, didn't the Soviet Union fall afterwards? While they might not have converted to the true faith, they certainly converted back to before communism.

I'm not very knowledgable about this though.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - CradleCatholic - 07-29-2008

I have seen over and over again you have been called on the carpet by many people here, including Quis. This one has been rehashed many times, and I am not in the mood to argue with the likes of you. Just believe whatever you want, because I dont care any more. I have known the truth for a long time now, and if you dont, O well. Maybe you can find it. Probably not. But I dont have the desire to waste time on this anymore. Think whatever you want kid. You know it all. Why not start your own site?

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Historian - 07-29-2008

Quote:I have seen over and over again you have been called on the carpet by many people here, including Quis.

I can think of once incident where I was "called on the carpet" by Quis, in a thread about the SSPX. In the end, it got moved to the "vs." board which was my point all along.

No one else here besides Quis has the authority to "call on the carpet". If you mean that people have disagreed with me or attacked me...of course, these are debates. If you mean people have "chewed me out" or won the debates...well, that's a subjective judgment, and of course you're going to think your side won, but that's really up to the readers to decide for themselves.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - IacobusIsTrodden - 07-29-2008

<font size="2"><font face="Arial">Does anyone know of any other approved visions or apparitions in which it was said that the faith and the Church and the sacraments would be unavailable, and that the people of the faith would be given to Satan for that time?

In my previous post, I didn't mean to sound as though I want anyone who knows better to doubt the story of this woman.  I don't know enough to speak with any authority.  The prophecy is so frightening, I just have to be cautious because neither I, nor anyone else, wants despair.
</font></font>

DrBombay Wrote:If Russia wasn't consecrated when the world was consecrated, then, logically, no nation was consecrated when the world was consecrated. So...
<font size="3">
What exactly was consecrated when the world was consecrated?

<font size="2">A simple answer without personal insults and questioning of my Traditionalist bonafides would be appreciated.  [Image: tiphat2.gif]</font>
</font>
Thing is, the Pope of 1960 was to do it (J XXIII) and he didn't. Anything else afterwards didn't do the job as it was supposed to be done.

This thread is the kind of thing that damages the "traditional movement". It sounds like the rants of seventh-day-adventists, Our-Lady-of-the-sacred-cow etc. It sounds a bit like some people are trying to add something to Revelation sometimes, which is a heresy, isn't it? No private revelations add anything new. At best they can help our devotion. At worst they can be a scandal to the Church and lead people away from Christ. Stick to what's best. Wait for the Church to decide about this kind of thing, rather than choosing a side that may be dangerously wrong. At least don't try to sell something that could cause fragile, scrupulous minds to go off the edge.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - IacobusIsTrodden - 07-29-2008

<font size="2" face="Arial">
littleway Wrote:</font><font size="2" face="Arial">At least don't try to sell something that could cause fragile, scrupulous minds to go off the edge. </font>
<font size="2" face="Arial">

Yeah!  Don't send me over the edge!

And, someone who knows please answer my question.
</font>

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - CrucifixusEst - 07-29-2008

IacobusIsTrodden Wrote:<FONT face=Arial>Does anyone know of any other approved visions or apparitions in which it was said that the faith and the Church and the sacraments would be unavailable, and that the people of the faith would be given to Satan for that time?

In my previous post, I didn't mean to sound as though I want anyone who knows better to doubt the story of this woman.  I don't know enough to speak with any authority.  The prophecy is so frightening, I just have to be cautious because neither I, nor anyone else, wants despair.
</FONT>

I would check the writings of Anne Catherine Emmerich. I am speaking of the Life & Revelations of Anne Catherine Emmerich
By: Very Rev. K. E. Schmoger

https://www.tanbooks.com/index.php/page/shop:flypage/product_id/184/keywords/emmerich/

As I remember, she does talk about the ceremonies of the Church changing (and not for the better, to say the least) and of invalid Masses where the people would be eating "only bread."

God bless.

AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:
seer Marie-Julie Wrote:She mentions a pope who, at the last moment, will reverse his policies and make a solemn appeal to the Clergy. But he will not be obeyed; on the contrary, an Assembly of bishops will demand even greater freedom, declaring that they will no longer obey the Pope.
"Hmmmmm...." Indeed. <FONT size=4>Oddly sounds like <b>Summorum Pontificum</b>, does it not?</FONT><FONT size=2> And from one of his Excellency Bishop Fellay's articles it seems that Pope John II wished to do something very similar; <b>A Roman cardinal in 2004</b>: "The Pope and  myself are in your favor".</FONT>