FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Enter the Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Forum: Catholic News Archive VII (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Thread: Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? (/showthread.php?tid=20483)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - quoprimumV - 07-29-2008

IacobusIsTrodden Wrote:<FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial>Does anyone know of any other approved visions or apparitions in which it was said that the faith and the Church and the sacraments would be unavailable, and that the people of the faith would be given to Satan for that time?

</FONT></FONT>

in case no one else added this....
In the Old Testament - the prophecy of Daniel that states the perpetual sacrifice would cease. 

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Johanna - 07-29-2008

I've got a question, during the three days of darkness, how do we light the candle?

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - BrendanD - 07-29-2008

Ruination_ipa Wrote:Boy! I was thrilled to come back to 5 pages on my original subject - I grabbed my cup of coffee, sat down to start reading - but oh no! HIJACK![Image: sneaky.gif]

I think thread hijacking gets a bum rap. 

It's natural for discussions to "branch out", especially when the initial subject matter isn't particularly suited for lengthy discourse. We do it in verbal conversations all the time.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - CatholicDad - 07-29-2008

Johanna Wrote:I've got a question, during the three days of darkness, how do we light the candle?

Yeah . . . would that make it "The Three Days of Darkness and Candles?"

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Historian - 07-29-2008

Johanna Wrote:I've got a question, during the three days of darkness, how do we light the candle?
I read somewhere that said the person must be in the State of Grace and the house you're in cannot be a blasphemer's or adulterer's home. Only 1/3 of the world is supposed to be left.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Johanna - 07-29-2008

Catholicmilkman Wrote:
I read somewhere that said the person must be in the State of Grace and the house you're in cannot be a blasphemer's or adulterer's home. Only 1/3 of the world is supposed to be left.
I meant that if the candle is the only thing that will burn, how do we start it burning?  So somebody in a state of grace can use a match?

It just all seems so legalistic.  Does God really roll that way?  People dying just from looking out the window?  It reminds me of that bit from the first <i>Indiana Jones</i> movie.  I have a few blessed candles lying around, but I have a hard time believing that even a third of the population would follow all these instructions in the event of an infernal fire hurricane.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - BrendanD - 07-29-2008

Catholicmilkman Wrote:I read somewhere that said the person must be in the State of Grace and the house you're in cannot be a blasphemer's or adulterer's home. Only 1/3 of the world is supposed to be left.

[Image: afraidsmiley.gif]

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - AdoramusTeChriste - 07-29-2008

Yeah. It sounds pretty tricky to me. I figure if it really happens then I will be too freaked out to find my matches anyway. I'm also wondering how we can die from looking out the window if it's so dark out...?

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - AdoramusTeChriste - 07-29-2008

BrendanD Wrote:
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:Ah, mockery. JPII's consecration fraudulent? How so? It wasn't what Our Lady asked for, but I am sure it was still a sincere consecration of the world.

Surely not mockery, just a little good natured ribbing.
Ah, OK. :)

Quote:
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:You do raise an interesting point though. Let's look at all the benefits that have been wrought since the consecration of the world. Europe's population is exploding- with muslims. Communist China is growing into an economic giant thanks to offshore outsourcing- so communists are reaping huge benefits from the consecration! So are the Hindus- look at Bangalore. Meanwhile, Europeans are aborting themselves into negative population growth. And let's not forget that Our Lady promised that once the consecration was done, there would be a period of peace in the world. Um, we haven't even had a 5 second period of peace in the world, for pity's sake. Yet you mock.

ATC, Jesus Christ -- GOD INCARNATE -- lived, suffered, shed His precious Blood, died, and rose again from the dead and we still had wars, muslims, inflation, bell bottoms, and boy bands! Hate to break it to you, but some vague consecration of a slavic nation to Mary's heart isn't going to usher in an era of peace.

But that is the promise:
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to me and she will be converted and a period of peace will be granted to the world."

Quote:
Even if the pope <B><I>did </I></B>consecrate Russia (specifically) you know as well as I do that the teenage boys (who act like old women) with their leather bound copies of Ott and Denziger on their bedside tables will parse the living hades out of it and, ultimately reject it.

• The pope spoke German, rather than Latin. Invalid <LI>The pope spoke Latin but he intoned a pedestrian rather than classical inflection. Invalid. <LI>The pope sneezed 30 seconds after the consecration. Invalid.

My opinion: I don't think we will have to wait for the arm chair theologians to weigh in. ;)

Brendan Wrote:
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I think it is shameful that you make fun of Catholics who are looking at the situation with their eyes open, thus honoring the Mother of God and her message for our time.

I'm not making fun of Catholics, I'm making fun of people who have become so hyper-obsessed with a private revelation than they've become cultists.

Well alright, I am certainly willing to take you at your word. But, I don't understand where you are coming from. The message of Fatima is <FONT color=#0000ff>approved</FONT> by the Church, but you are objecting to it. I understand that we aren't bound by private revelation, but neither are we forbidden from having a devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary under the aupices of her approved titles.

Quote:
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:No Speedos!

Please God, no! I'm with you there!

:)

I would like to share a link to a book with you. A friend gave me a copy of this years ago and I either loaned it out or lost it. Recently, I have been able to find it online. It is called The True Story of Fatima and was written by a priest who was familiar with the people at the time. It is a quick read, and I hope you enjoy it. <FONT color=#0000ff>LINK</FONT> 

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - CrusaderKing - 07-29-2008

Ruination_ipa Wrote:I'm curious if anyone has additional information on Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) a mystic who had revelations concerning the issuance of a new Mass and if there is any reason to disregard these revelation as fraud?

Info can be found here:
http://www.olrl.org/prophecy/prophecy.shtml

According to this website, her visions have full Church approval. Move your cursor to the left, and scroll down to Church Approved Private Revelations.

http://www.catholicrevelations.org/