FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Enter the Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Forum: Catholic News Archive VII (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Thread: Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? (/showthread.php?tid=20483)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Adonis33 - 07-29-2008

CrusaderKing Wrote:
Ruination_ipa Wrote:I'm curious if anyone has additional information on Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) a mystic who had revelations concerning the issuance of a new Mass and if there is any reason to disregard these revelation as fraud?

Info can be found here:
http://www.olrl.org/prophecy/prophecy.shtml

According to this website, her visions have full Church approval. Move your cursor to the left, and scroll down to Church Approved Private Revelations.

http://www.catholicrevelations.org/

Really good site.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Historian - 07-30-2008

I gotta admit I've never heard of this person before, but that shouldn't matter. Scanning through the thread, I find a bit of to-and-fro about whether or not the Church has approved of the apparitions, a bit about her being deaf, dumb and blind (at least in her last years), a bit about whether or not someone put words into her mouth in 20th century books (which would be pretty easy if she was deaf, dumb and blind), and a whole lot of desperate "see the proof!" kind of stuff about what is in the end a private revelation.

Mostly I see esoteric speculation dressed up as "only those with eyes shall see" etc. Yawn. She may well be a Saint or visionary etc, but as a Catholic I'll wait awhile before getting too engrossed. I certainly haven't been convinced of any need to look into it, based on what I've read here. On the surface it smacks of trendiness. Prove me wrong if it's important.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Historian - 07-30-2008

Johanna Wrote:So somebody in a state of grace can use a match?
I would think so.

Quote:It just all seems so legalistic.  Does God really roll that way?  People dying just from looking out the window?  It reminds me of that bit from the first <I>Indiana Jones</I> movie.  I have a few blessed candles lying around, but I have a hard time believing that even a third of the population would follow all these instructions in the event of an infernal fire hurricane.
Well, haven't you ever read the Passover? If you went outside the angel of death took you. St. Moses, ora pro nobis.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - PrayforMallory - 07-30-2008

littleway Wrote:I gotta admit I've never heard of this person before, but that shouldn't matter. Scanning through the thread, I find a bit of to-and-fro about whether or not the Church has approved of the apparitions, a bit about her being deaf, dumb and blind (at least in her last years), a bit about whether or not someone put words into her mouth in 20th century books (which would be pretty easy if she was deaf, dumb and blind), and a whole lot of desperate "see the proof!" kind of stuff about what is in the end a private revelation.

Mostly I see esoteric speculation dressed up as "only those with eyes shall see" etc. Yawn. She may well be a Saint or visionary etc, but as a Catholic I'll wait awhile before getting too engrossed. I certainly haven't been convinced of any need to look into it, based on what I've read here. On the surface it smacks of trendiness. Prove me wrong if it's important.

My plan is to try to live righteously and not worry about it.

I doubt I'd survive any apocalyptic situation, anyway. Those candles would get misplaced at my house.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - BrendanD - 07-30-2008

AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I would like to share a link to a book with you. A friend gave me a copy of this years ago and I either loaned it out or lost it. Recently, I have been able to find it online. It is called The True Story of Fatima and was written by a priest who was familiar with the people at the time. It is a quick read, and I hope you enjoy it. <font color="#0000ff">LINK</font> 

I give you my word, ma'am, I'll read it this morning [Image: tiphat2.gif]

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - CatholicDad - 07-30-2008

BrendanD Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:I read somewhere that said the person must be in the State of Grace and the house you're in cannot be a blasphemer's or adulterer's home. Only 1/3 of the world is supposed to be left.

[Image: afraidsmiley.gif]

Any room under that chair?  I'm in the "hospital for sinners" too.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Ruination_ipa - 07-31-2008

Johanna Wrote:
Catholicmilkman Wrote:
Johanna Wrote:I've got a question, during the three days of darkness, how do we light the candle?
I read somewhere that said the person must be in the State of Grace and the house you're in cannot be a blasphemer's or adulterer's home. Only 1/3 of the world is supposed to be left.
I meant that if the candle is the only thing that will burn, how do we start it burning?  So somebody in a state of grace can use a match?

It just all seems so legalistic.  Does God really roll that way?  People dying just from looking out the window?  It reminds me of that bit from the first <I>Indiana Jones</I> movie.  I have a few blessed candles lying around, but I have a hard time believing that even a third of the population would follow all these instructions in the event of an infernal fire hurricane.

It's not intended to be legalistic - I think we put more into it then what's there. It's a simple warning that no other light source will give light. From what I've read on the 3-days of darkness no one will be sleeping those three days; it will be constant prayer so if you find yourself w/o a candle or light - well, hey, it's only 3-days. I noticed a website that said to stock up on food and water. I don't think that's neccessary for a 3 day stint. You can survive for weeks without food and most people will have some sort of liquid to get by for the 3 days.

As someone else mentioned during the passover you could not look out your windows and had to follow the prescribed means for ensuring your family would be saved. Same for Sodom & Gamorrah where Lot's family was told not to look back - lot's wife didn't take the warning seriously and became a salt-lick for all the wild life.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - CatholicDad - 07-31-2008

I searched the Vatican records for "Jahenny" and it resulted in nothing found.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - BrendanD - 07-31-2008

Catholicdad Wrote:
BrendanD Wrote:[Image: afraidsmiley.gif]

Sorry, find your own shelter! This is my <i>safe place</i>. It's VERY scary out there...

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - CatholicDad - 07-31-2008

BrendanD Wrote:
Catholicdad Wrote:
BrendanD Wrote:[Image: afraidsmiley.gif]

Sorry, find your own shelter! This is my <I>safe place</I>. It's VERY scary out there...

No need, it appears the Jahenny thing is off the Holy See's radar.  Stand down.