FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Enter the Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Forum: Catholic News Archive VII (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Thread: Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? (/showthread.php?tid=20483)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - BrendanD - 07-31-2008

Catholicdad Wrote:
BrendanD Wrote:
Catholicdad Wrote:
BrendanD Wrote:[Image: afraidsmiley.gif]

Any room under that chair?  I'm in the "hospital for sinners" too.

Sorry, find your own shelter! This is my <i>safe place</i>. It's VERY scary out there...

No need, it appears the Jahenny thing is off the Holy See's radar.  Stand down.

I'm more concerned about the 3 Days of Darkness, state-of-grace candle lighting, look out the window and you're toast speculation.

What's scarier? The possibility of such a tribulation coming to pass or the people who believe that it will?

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - CatholicDad - 07-31-2008

BrendanD Wrote:I'm more concerned about the 3 Days of Darkness, state-of-grace candle lighting, look out the window and you're toast speculation.

What's scarier? The possibility of such a tribulation coming to pass or the people who believe that it will?

Neither.  It's the "Ball of Redemption" folks that I worry about.

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - DrBombay - 07-31-2008

Catholicdad Wrote:
BrendanD Wrote:I'm more concerned about the 3 Days of Darkness, state-of-grace candle lighting, look out the window and you're toast speculation.

Neither. It's the "Ball of Redemption" folks that I worry about.

My chair shall protect me from the Ball of Redemption.  And my fashionable biretta too.  And my laminated rose petals. [Image: afraidsmiley.gif]

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - BrendanD - 07-31-2008

The Finger....errr...I mean the <b>Ball</b> of Redemption shall not be mocked!

[Image: comet11f.gif]

<font size="3"><b>New Orleans seer, Emile Fernandez, carrying a statue of Our Lady of Fatima during prayer vigil on Septenber 24th, 1975. Photo taken by C. Bellow when developed showed Ball of Redemption as a perfect sphere. </b></font>

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - CatholicDad - 07-31-2008

BrendanD Wrote:The Finger....errr...I mean the <B>Ball</B> of Redemption shall not be mocked!

<FONT size=3><B>New Orleans seer, Emile Fernandez, carrying a statue of Our Lady of Fatima during prayer vigil on Septenber 24th, 1975. Photo taken by C. Bellow when developed showed Ball of Redemption as a perfect sphere. </B></FONT>

I can see how the chair and biretta would work, but what good would the laminated rose petals do for protection against the fing . . ., er, . . . ball?

Me, I'd opt for the "Holy Handgrenade" of St. Attila, followed by the feasting, of the lambs, and sloths, and orangutans, . . .

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - DrBombay - 07-31-2008

Catholicdad Wrote:
BrendanD Wrote:The Finger....errr...I mean the <b>Ball</b> of Redemption shall not be mocked!

<font size="3"><b>New Orleans seer, Emile Fernandez, carrying a statue of Our Lady of Fatima during prayer vigil on Septenber 24th, 1975. Photo taken by C. Bellow when developed showed Ball of Redemption as a perfect sphere. </b></font>

I can see how the chair and biretta would work, but what good would the laminated rose petals do for protection against the fing . . ., er, . . . ball?

Me, I'd opt for the "Holy Handgrenade" of St. Attila, followed by the feasting, of the lambs, and sloths, and orangutans, . . .

You will also need to know the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow (African or European).  The boogerman will ask you that question if you dare to look out the window.  Best have an answer ready or you're toast.

DrBombay Wrote:You will also need to know the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow (African or European).  The boogerman will ask you that question if you dare to look out the window.  Best have an answer ready or you're toast.

Phew....Lucky it's unladen because if it were carrying a coconut my calculations could be off by as much as 2 mph

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - KG - 07-31-2008

I would approach the claims about this mystic, Yves Dupont's book "Catholic Prophecy," and the alleged prophecies in the book "The Life of Anne Catherine Emmerich" with a <B>high</B> degree of caution. In all of these cases it appears that later additions may well have been made to what was said by legitimate mystics. (See: http://jloughnan.tripod.com/forgery.htm http://jloughnan.tripod.com/lake.htm#maxkol and comments here: http://ecclesia-militans.blogspot.com/2007/04/rewind-prophecy-of-marie-julie-jahenny.html )
When dealing with private revelation the safest rule of thumb is to simply ignore anything not tied to absolutely clear evidence of legitimacy.
In fact, because private revelation can never add to revealed Truth, instead only reinforcing it, none of it, even the most profound is necessary for salvation.
And I say that as someone that places absolute confidence in Fatima and some other private approved revelations. And I have used Emmerich's visions of the lives of Our Lord and Blessed Mother as material to foster fruitful contemplation (which is what they were specifically originally published and approved for).
Satan desires the damnation of the elect. That's the prize -- the poor sinners aren't worth the bother, the elect are. And damnation of the elect requires subtlety. There is a trap in unapproved revelation -- it is the potential of refusal of obedience to rightful authority. In many cases the stench of disobedience surrounding the case is so thick it can't be missed. In other cases it can be harder to determine and requires prayer, caution, and research.  In yet other situations fabricated material may be attached to legitimate sources.
The main website here has resources on approved Marian visitations that includes some good basic information about proper caution.
Beyond all that, there is a norm of the Church that should be kept in mind. Rebuking clergy in public has considerable precedent in the Psalms, the Fathers of the Church, the Prophets and other sacred authors. But these reproofs are not meant to be taken as being addressed to all without exception. There are and always will be exceptions. This basic understanding must be kept in mind. Strong language of chastisement is often used, for good reason. But it should not lead us to disdain or despair because there are exceptions and Our Lord has promised the gates of hell will not prevail against His Church.

KG Wrote:I would approach the claims about this mystic, Yves Dupont's book "Catholic Prophecy," and the alleged prophecies in the book "The Life of Anne Catherine Emmerich" with a <B>high</B> degree of caution. In all of these cases it appears that later additions may well have been made to what was said by legitimate mystics. (See: http://jloughnan.tripod.com/forgery.htm http://jloughnan.tripod.com/lake.htm#maxkol and comments here: http://ecclesia-militans.blogspot.com/2007/04/rewind-prophecy-of-marie-julie-jahenny.html )
When dealing with private revelation the safest rule of thumb is to simply ignore anything not tied to absolutely clear evidence of legitimacy.
In fact, because private revelation can never add to revealed Truth, instead only reinforcing it, none of it, even the most profound is necessary for salvation.
And I say that as someone that places absolute confidence in Fatima and some other private approved revelations. And I have used Emmerich's visions of the lives of Our Lord and Blessed Mother as material to foster fruitful contemplation (which is what they were specifically originally published and approved for).
Satan desires the damnation of the elect. That's the prize -- the poor sinners aren't worth the bother, the elect are. And damnation of the elect requires subtlety. There is a trap in unapproved revelation -- it is the potential of refusal of obedience to rightful authority. In many cases the stench of disobedience surrounding the case is so thick it can't be missed. In other cases it can be harder to determine and requires prayer, caution, and research.  In yet other situations fabricated material may be attached to legitimate sources.
The main website here has resources on approved Marian visitations that includes some good basic information about proper caution.
Beyond all that, there is a norm of the Church that should be kept in mind. Rebuking clergy in public has considerable precedent in the Psalms, the Fathers of the Church, the Prophets and other sacred authors. But these reproofs are not meant to be taken as being addressed to all without exception. There are and always will be exceptions. This basic understanding must be kept in mind. Strong language of chastisement is often used, for good reason. But it should not lead us to disdain or despair because there are exceptions and Our Lord has promised the gates of hell will not prevail against His Church.

Yes, God does approve of scholarship, I think.

Heck, if you took it out of context, or failed to search it out for yourself, the Bible can be made to say "Worship . . . Satan."

Good post.

St. Thomas Aquinas would be proud!

Private Revelations of Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850-1941) FACT OR FRAUD? - AdoramusTeChriste - 07-31-2008

BrendanD Wrote:
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I would like to share a link to a book with you. A friend gave me a copy of this years ago and I either loaned it out or lost it. Recently, I have been able to find it online. It is called The True Story of Fatima and was written by a priest who was familiar with the people at the time. It is a quick read, and I hope you enjoy it. <FONT color=#0000ff>LINK</FONT> 

I give you my word, ma'am, I'll read it this morning [Image: tiphat2.gif]

Did you like it?

As a re-vert to the holy Faith of my baptism, this was probably one of the first Catholic books I read besides the crappy catechism they used in RCIA. I had been wondering- where did the Church go? I thought I had missed the boat entirely and was doubting the point of it all. Then I read this book. I have been able to have hope through Our Lady's Immaculate Heart for about 20 years now, and it is my firm belief that she led me to Tradition as swiftly as possible after I began reciting the Fatima prayers as a personal devotion. I think I probably read it in 1991, then learned about Tradition in 1994. It seemed like an eternity at the time, lol. It's hard to believe that it was only 3 years between reading the Fatima message and my first TLM, yet at that moment all the tiny pieces of my life's puzzle fit in to place through Our Lady of Fatima. Thanks be to God for giving us His Blessed Mother as our own.