FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Longtime Snooper , First time poster - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome Wagon (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements, Welcomes, Goodbyes, & Forum Problems (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Longtime Snooper , First time poster (/showthread.php?tid=20852)

Pages: 1 2

Longtime Snooper , First time poster - TradCathYouth - 08-14-2008

todayspilgrim Wrote:Yes we we're members of Divine Mercy before the recent move on July 1 to Holy Family. Last summer while shooting in Calgary I attended St. Anthony's with Fr. Blust.. I was hooked Fr. Deprey and Fr. Geddes are great.

Ah, already reaping spiritual benefits from Fr. Geddes's priesthood, eh? He was with us here in VA before he left and went to Vancouver.

Longtime Snooper , First time poster - jonkknox - 08-14-2008

TradCathYouth Wrote:
todayspilgrim Wrote:Yes we we're members of Divine Mercy before the recent move on July 1 to Holy Family. Last summer while shooting in Calgary I attended St. Anthony's with Fr. Blust.. I was hooked Fr. Deprey and Fr. Geddes are great.

Ah, already reaping spiritual benefits from Fr. Geddes's priesthood, eh? He was with us here in VA before he left and went to Vancouver.

And now we have him in Florida! [Image: smile.gif]

And welcome, by the way!!

Longtime Snooper , First time poster - NewCatholic - 08-14-2008

Welcome, Pilgrim!
(how I feel like John Wayne...)

NC

Longtime Snooper , First time poster - DarkKnight - 08-14-2008

Welcome.

Longtime Snooper , First time poster - Historian - 08-14-2008

todayspilgrim Wrote:Hello all thought I should finally join and contribute. My family and I live near Vancouver BC , Canada . I am a motion picture camera man by trade. Part of the reason I had to search out a real Catholic Church was years living all over the world and attending messes. Hopefully I will be a lively contributor.

Motion picture camera man? That is AWESOME.

BTW, by "messes", do you mean the French form of "Masses"? LOL.

Longtime Snooper , First time poster - todayspilgrim - 08-14-2008

By messes...I kinda meant ... Sometimes I didn't know where I was. I would do a double take to see if I was in a Catholic Church. I travel alot with my job and sometimes I walk into a church with no Tabernacle???? oh wait it's down the hall in the chapel... Or people square dancing during the peace of Christ. Also attended a couple Parish's with high profile people where there were handshakes and pats on the back for the last film ???? It was nuts!!!! After I went to JP II funeral I knew things had to change and that's when I started learning the Latin and seeking out the TLM. And Study and to really learn the faith and history. While in South Cal I had to walk out of a couple of Church's cause I didn't even believe they were Catholic.

Longtime Snooper , First time poster - dogearedpsalter - 08-14-2008

good for you and welcome. the more canucks in the fishbowl the more fishies in Canada.
um sounded good anyway.

Longtime Snooper , First time poster - Marisa - 08-15-2008

Another fellow Canadian - welcome!