FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Greetings (from Wales) - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome Wagon (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements, Welcomes, Goodbyes, & Forum Problems (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Greetings (from Wales) (/showthread.php?tid=21284)

Pages: 1 2

Greetings (from Wales) - Cambrensis - 08-30-2008

Hello everyone!

I've been reading the discussions here for a while and finally plucked up the courage to post.

I've been a Catholic for 10 years now, 'doing time' in the Novus Ordo. In that time - during which my family recently moved from England to Wales - I've been privileged to meet some wonderful Christians and holy priests. Over the last few years I've been learning more about tradition and although I've so far been unable to attend a traditional Latin Mass (sadly our parish priest says he wouldn't be interested in it), I'm coming more and more to see things from a traditionalist perspective.

I guess you could call me an 'aspiring traditionalist' (a traditionalist in spirit?), although I would be loath to abandon our Novus Ordo parish - my family have been made so welcome here and everyone is trying their best.

God bless.

Greetings (from Wales) - SCG - 08-30-2008

Welcome!  [Image: hellosmiley.gif]

- Lisa

Greetings (from Wales) - Valz - 08-30-2008

Hola Hola! [Image: smile.gif]

Greetings (from Wales) - Spero - 08-31-2008

Croeso (Welcome).

Where abouts are you in Wales?

Spero

Greetings (from Wales) - Cambrensis - 08-31-2008

Spero Wrote:Croeso (Welcome).

Where abouts are you in Wales?

Not far from Caerphilly. I work in Cardiff as a newspaper sub-editor/designer on the local papers that cover the South Wales Valleys area.

It's a lovely part of the world (it helps that I'm fond of rain!). Most of the people speak English as their first language, although my three young children learn Welsh in school - the prospect of them being able to converse together in an unknown language is a scary one ...

Greetings (from Wales) - Spero - 08-31-2008

Cambrensis Wrote:Not far from Caerphilly. I work in Cardiff as a newspaper sub-editor/designer on the local papers that cover the South Wales Valleys area.

It's a lovely part of the world (it helps that I'm fond of rain!). Most of the people speak English as their first language, although my three young children learn Welsh in school - the prospect of them being able to converse together in an unknown language is a scary one ...

I'm up in North Wales not far from a place named Holywell.

Unfortunately the Archbishop and Bishops of Wales are not very welcoming towards the Tridentine Mass; however there are a small number of Masses celebrated in the E.F.

<b>Archdiocese of Cardiff</b>:
  • Every Sunday - Low Mass - 6.00pm - Poor Clare Convent, Much Birch, Hereford, HR2 8PS.
  • Every Friday - Low Mass - 7.00pm - Our Lady & St. Michael, Pen Y Pound, Abergavenny, NP7 5UD.
  • Last Sunday of the Month - Low Mass - 11.30am - St. Francis Xavier, Broad Street, Hereford, HR4 9AP.
<b>Diocese of Menevia:</b>
  • Third & Fourth Sunday of the Month - Low Mass - 5.00pm - Our Lady of the Taper, Cardigan.
Hope the list helps.

Spero

Greetings (from Wales) - Cambrensis - 08-31-2008

Thanks for that, Spero. :smile:

I visited St Francis Xavier in Hereford while on a canoeing trip last year. Lovely and unusual:

[Image: 536383983_b82a989cf1.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 536387857_c3931abf8b.jpg?v=0]

Greetings (from Wales) - Spero - 09-01-2008

Cambrensis Wrote:Thanks for that, Spero. :smile:

I visited St Francis Xavier in Hereford while on a canoeing trip last year. Lovely and unusual:

Well the inside of the church is beautiful and it certainly makes up for the outside.

Spero

Greetings (from Wales) - ResiduumRevertetur - 09-01-2008

Welcome!

Greetings (from Wales) - Robhaidheuch - 09-01-2008

Welcome Cambrensis.  I'm in the same situation as regards being able to attend the Tridentine Mass.  I was an altar boy in the sixties, and served Mass in the old tradition.  I have desired the return of the Tridentine Mass for many years. 

Spero, I visited Holywell and felt a great sense of peace there.  One line of my ancestry lived in the area during the early 19th. century.  Roger Williams, a miner, who was baptised in 1832, was one of my forebears.  I have a strong facial and physical resemblance to Robin Williams, and I have often wondered if there is some common distant family connection from Wales.