FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
In search of a pen pal - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Corner Pub (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Meetings: Friendship, Hanging Out, or Dating (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: In search of a pen pal (/showthread.php?tid=23240)

Pages: 1 2

In search of a pen pal - Historian - 11-30-2008

• <B>Sex: </B>Female<LI><B>In search of: </B>Male or female pen pal around my age<LI><B>Age as of posting date: </B>26<LI><B>Location: </B>Midwest, United States<LI><B>EF, SSPX, both, or other? </B>SSPX<LI><B>Novus Ordo if that's all there is? </B>No <LI><B>Introvert or extravert? </B>Introvert<LI><B>Education: </B>Graduate School <LI><B>Employment: </B>Teacher<LI><B>What makes you laugh? </B>Mother Angelica<LI><B>What are the little things that please or delight you? </B>Being alone with the Blessed Sacrament <LI><B>What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? </B>Retired and living a contemplative life away from people<LI><B>Intellectual interests: </B>Reading Scripture and other spiritual books and discussing various social problems <LI><B>Hobbies: </B>Reading and thinking <LI><B>The last 5 books you read: </B>The Great Magdalens, The Inferno, 1984, Story of a Soul, and 1-3 Kings<LI><B>Music you actually listen to most often: </B>Gregorian chant, big band, and swing <LI><B>Favorite movies: </B>Jesus of Nazareth, The Passion of the Christ, and The Chronicles of Narnia<LI><B>Serious pet peeves: </B>Pushy women and people who are unprofessional, people who discuss their personal problems when it is inappropriate
Please send me a private message if interested. Tell me about yourself and your interests.

In search of a pen pal - Historian - 04-10-2009

I posted this advertisement for a pen pal a while ago, and then I had to leave the forum. I just wanted to bump this post up and mention I am looking for pen pals again. If we share any interests, please do write.

Re: In search of a pen pal - Melita - 04-27-2009

Heya! What do you teach?

Re: In search of a pen pal - Matthew_R - 07-19-2009

This is actually a really good idea. We as a society have practically given up penmanship for typing and it seems we have lost the ability to think of things to type. People have difficulty defending an argument, much like the difficulty they have defending the Faith. I think it would be a great thing to have at least one Traditional Catholic pen-pal. Who knows, you may even find a friend. I will do the same as the op and sincerely encourage others to do the same. If nothing more, your penmanship will benefit.

Sex: Male
      In search of: Male or female pen pal, preferably 25 - 30, but not important
      Age as of posting date: 29
      Location: Silver City, New Mexico, United States(born and raised near Charlotte, North Carolina)
      EF, SSPX, both, or other? SSPX(Our Lady of Guadalupe Monastery, for the time being), yes the Mass of All Time is Extraordinary, but in absolutely no way does it take a back seat to the NO
      Novus Ordo if that's all there is? No
      Introvert or extrovert? Extrovert - Sanguine/Phlegmatic 78/22% for those that may have a clue, I don't
      Education: High School
      Employment: ex-Truck Driver(Until something else comes along I am unemployed)
      What makes you laugh? I laugh at just about anything that is even remotely funny
      What are the little things that please or delight you? Spending time with our Blessed Lord, Taking pictures of Nature(Deer, Trees, Clouds, even thermometers though not necessarily nature)
      What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? Married and Raising a family, but only if it the will of God
      Intellectual interests: Reading Scripture and other spiritual books(such as those by St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila) and discussing various social problems(such as the assault on the family and the Faith)
      Hobbies: My main hobby since I was 17 has been Amateur Radio, aside from that I enjoy reading, hiking and various other projects I take on from time to time, also Photography and I love old churches.
      The last 5 books you read: The Ascent of Mt Carmel, Dark Night of the Soul, The Autobiography of St Teresa of Avila, The Roman Catechism,
      Music you actually listen to most often: Gregorian chant, Classical(even if it puts me to sleep I do enjoy it)
      Favorite movies:  The Passion of the Christ(This is an all time favorite and though I do not own a copy I really enjoyed and recommend this movie), The Hunt for Red October(freedom wins over communism) and most westerns(like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies)
      Serious pet peeves: Pushy women(and children)(I wish I could underline this twice) and effeminate men(These men are a disgrace to their parents and all a man is meant to be), also people who can't mind their own when it comes to someone disciplining their children(there is a huge difference between discipline and abuse) and then theres all things liberal(I despise liberal politics with a passion).

In summary, I feel this is a good, worthwhile endeavor to find Traditional Catholic pen-pals and friends and to improve a most valuable skill that many of us have neglected over the course of time. I encourage anyone interested in expanding their contacts, developing friendships and sharing/defending the Faith to post and share. I will share my postal address with anyone who asks and will reply to any correspondence received. Also, I understand the price of stamps can be a problem and will include an sase with my reply if ever needed. May God bless you all and have a great day.

My address has changed and I will gladly provide to anyone who asks.

Re: In search of a pen pal - Deusdark - 07-30-2009

thought i do enjoy writing, and would love the idea of a pen pal, my main concern is the anonymity of the internet.  You can really tell who the other person is.  Even in such a forum as this one, there is, and always will be, a sense of fear instilled in giving away personal information such as your name or address.

The safest thing for people who are searching for pen pals is to use a P.O. Box at least for this hobby.

Just a fair warning.

P.S.
Ms. E, i like your goal as to being retired by the age of 36.  I wish i could have the same, but most likely i'll retire at 60.  But truthfully, i love my job too much :-)

Re: In search of a pen pal - Matthew_R - 07-30-2009

(07-30-2009, 06:31 PM)Deusdark Wrote: thought i do enjoy writing, and would love the idea of a pen pal, my main concern is the anonymity of the internet.  You can really tell who the other person is.  Even in such a forum as this one, there is, and always will be, a sense of fear instilled in giving away personal information such as your name or address.

The safest thing for people who are searching for pen pals is to use a P.O. Box at least for this hobby.

Just a fair warning.

P.S.
Ms. E, i like your goal as to being retired by the age of 36.  I wish i could have the same, but most likely i'll retire at 60.   But truthfully, i love my job too much :-)

In this day an age you may be right. I am not too worried about the personal info as I am well protected here. They have to get past my parents Great Dane first and if that doesn't work then it's on.

Re: In search of a pen pal - Deusdark - 07-30-2009

Haha, awesome deterrent.

Re: In search of a pen pal - Deidre - 07-30-2009

ooh, yes, Great Danes.  Totally makes me feel more comfortable about occasionally giving my address to someone on a forum.  We have a matching pair of Harlequins, from the same litter.  It's always interesting to see someone's face when the second one shows up at the door. ;)

I think this penpal thing is a good idea! Unfortunately, my life is pretty boring at the moment, not to mention the fact that I'll be going out of town shortly.

Re: In search of a pen pal - Historian - 08-02-2009

P.S.
Ms. E, i like your goal as to being retired by the age of 36.  I wish i could have the same, but most likely i'll retire at 60.  But truthfully, i love my job too much :-)

Considering my occupation, I may never be able to retire. I can still hope for it, though.  :)

Re: In search of a pen pal - Deusdark - 08-03-2009

Yes, sharing hopes and dreams is the opposite of sharing fears and woes.  It balances life out and is a great trait :-)

We should all share our hopes and dreams.