FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
One more Gaza thread... - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Religions (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: One more Gaza thread... (/showthread.php?tid=24362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

One more Gaza thread... - Historian - 01-10-2009

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090110/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

As much as Israel can be undesirable, Hamas seems to take every oppurtunity to provoke Israel. Yes, they (Israel) are causing much damage and loss of life, but Hamas seems to do exactly what will enable Israel to continue.

One more Gaza thread... - GregPotemkin - 01-10-2009

LaRoza Wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090110/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

As much as Israel can be undesirable, Hamas seems to take every oppurtunity to provoke Israel. Yes, they (Israel) are causing much damage and loss of life, but Hamas seems to do exactly what will enable Israel to continue.

Well, apparently, HAMAS offered the Zionist entity a truce a short while back, but the conditions (the removal of the starvation blockade) were apparently too much to ask of the Zionists.

http://www.antiwar.com/porter/?articleid=14031

I think Israel is more concerned over weapons traffic over that area. Hamas doesn't pull these things out of thin air.

One more Gaza thread... - GregPotemkin - 01-10-2009

LaRoza Wrote:I think Israel is more concerned over weapons traffic over that area. Hamas doesn't pull these things out of thin air.

Would you think that HAMAS could make similar demands over the weapons sent to Israel courtesy of our tax dollars?

GregPotemkin Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:I think Israel is more concerned over weapons traffic over that area. Hamas doesn't pull these things out of thin air.

Would you think that HAMAS could make similar demands over the weapons sent to Israel courtesy of our tax dollars?

Perhaps, but they don't. Also, Hamas continues to target civilians.

Hamas does all that it can, Israel shows much restraint. Israel has more resources, but Hamas is the one with the heart to kill all that it can.

One more Gaza thread... - voxxpopulisuxx - 01-10-2009

We know zero of why Isreal actually did any of this, we only know what they tell us to know. We live in a media blockade where only Zionism comes in and no other truths...period. For all you know it was Isreal themselves who launched rockets into Isreal from Gaza. As long as this rogue nation Isreal is empowered by OUR SWEAT, OUR BLOOD our Politicians, we will never get the true nature of things. (SHOW ME THE POWERFULL PALISTINIAN LOBBY IN THE US-the PALISTINIAN HOLLYWOOD MOVERS AND SHAKERS etc) WRC i had no time to spell check so lighten up

voxpopulisuxx Wrote:We know zero of why Isreal actually did any of this, we only know what they tell us to know. We live in a media blockade where only Zionism comes in and no other truths...period. For all you know it was Isreal themselves who launched rockets into Isreal from Gaza. As long as this rogue nation Isreal is empowered by OUR SWEAT, OUR BLOOD our Politicians, we will never get the true nature of things. (SHOW ME THE POWERFULL PALISTINIAN LOBBY IN THE US-the PALISTINIAN HOLLYWOOD MOVERS AND SHAKERS etc) WRC i had no time to spell check so lighten up

Seems more like a rapid rant than a real post, but I'll try to respond.

My post and my position is not pro-Israel, but neither is it anti-Israel. Israel is a recognized state, and although it has shady origins and there is much to lament, the people now are there and that is the way it is.

My point is that Hamas (ignore Israel for now) is giving Israel enough excuses for Israel to do whatever it wants. Rockets were fired from Gaza (and still are) and into Israel residences. That is a good reason (even if it isn't the only one) to invade.

One more Gaza thread... - ggreg - 01-10-2009

The simple historical truth is the Islam is a <b>violent</b> religion.

For the best part of 600 years Jerusalem and the surrounding Holy Land was a Jewish/Christian land.  Then these ultra violent warriors came and took it over.

If these people want to live by the sword, and violence and violent conquest is enshrined in their faith and culture, then they can't justifyably complain when they die by the sword too.  We are not just talking about bad apples here like some zealous conquistadors.  Violence is praised and exalted all the way through the Koran.

They are only being set upon with the same violence which they've historically used on every land they've conquored.

So why is it the will of Allah when they slaughter their way to conquest and conversion and not the will of Allah when they are being slaughtered by their enemies.  Why are they encouraged and happy to treat the infidel like a beast to be slaughtered and set upon and yet angry when the infidel wants to kill them?

Why are they angry when their son's and daughters are blown apart by an enemy's bomb rather than a suicide belt which many would gladly see them use?

I can see how Tibetan monks or Quakers can complain about violence being used against them, but Muslims?  Give me a break.

ggreg Wrote:The simple historical truth is the Islam is a <b>violent</b> religion.

For the best part of 600 years Jerusalem and the surrounding Holy Land was a Jewish/Christian land.  Then these ultra violent warriors came and took it over.

If these people want to live by the sword, and violence and violent conquest is enshrined in their faith and culture, then they can't justifyably complain when they die by the sword too.  We are not just talking about bad apples here like some zealous conquistadors.  Violence is praised and exalted all the way through the Koran.

They are only being set upon with the same violence which they've historically used on every land they've conquored.

So why is it the will of Allah when they slaughter their way to conquest and conversion and not the will of Allah when they are being slaughtered by their enemies.  Why are they encouraged and happy to treat the infidel like a beast to be slaughtered and set upon and yet angry when the infidel wants to kill them?

Why are they angry when their son's and daughters are blown apart by an enemy's bomb rather than a suicide belt which many would gladly see them use?

I can see how Tibetan monks or Quakers can complain about violence being used against them, but Muslims?  Give me a break.

Well said.

One more Gaza thread... - Melita - 01-10-2009

From what I've seen on the news and read in the papers, the Palestinian casualties incurred by Israel's offensive seem to be mostly women and children. That's despicable.