FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Men's Dress Worn By Women - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Theology and Philosophy (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Men's Dress Worn By Women (/showthread.php?tid=25362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Men's Dress Worn By Women - StevusMagnus - 02-24-2009

didishroom Wrote:Why is it 'immodest' for woman to wear pants, but not men?

I would say it depends on the cut and style.

Most men's pants are fairly loose fitting.

A lot of women's pants are cut to be snug around the hips and rear, especially the designer jeans.

However, if a particular pair of women's pants is not tight fitting, I'd say that theose pants would not inherently be immodest.

Men's Dress Worn By Women - ONeill - 02-24-2009

StevusMagnus Wrote:However, if a particular pair of women's pants is not tight fitting, I'd say that theose pants would not inherently be immodest.

That is what I said. The Force is strong with this one... :)

Men's Dress Worn By Women - INPEFESS - 02-25-2009

Quote: Tsk, tsk. Look at St. Elizabeth of Hungary and her 'cruves.' Skank.

Somehow I don't think that it's appropriate to refer to saints as 'skanks', even if we're just joking.

As for the picture, that is all it is. It is not a photograph and so it can not be used to establish historical evidence of her attire. This is just how one artist chose to depict the scene.

Regardless, we're not discussing bodices here, only pants. Her skirt does not outline her innermost thighs or lower glutes.

Quote: <DIV align=center><DIV style="WIDTH: 90%; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><DIV style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 2px">Quote:Originally Posted by <B>INPEFESS</B>

And I am referring to the immodesty of even non-“grossly improper” styles. I am referring to a woman wearing clothing that outlines, even if not specifically, portions of her body that draws sexual attention from males by nature. Women have “curves”. Men are, by fallen human nature, attracted to these “curves”.
</DIV></DIV><P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left>

<P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left>Originally posted by <B>ErinIsNice</B>
<P style="MARGIN: 0px" align=left> 
If it is immodest to show any curves at all, then a long skirt is not even going to be appropriate.  Women would have to wear long straight robes like the strictest kinds of Muslim women.  Is this what you are advocating?
</DIV> Considering this is an "if / then" statement, if the "if" is incorrect, it follows that the "then" is likewise false. I shall thus address the "if" in this refutation:  
Quote:If it is immodest to show any curves at all...
 I never said it was immodest to show any curves at all. I said: "I am referring to a woman wearing clothing that outlines, even if not specifically, <B>portions of her body that draws sexual attention from males by nature</B>."  I am referring to the obvious areas of the femanine physique that are of sexual attraction to a male found beneath the waist such as: innermost thighs, glutes, outermost thighs, anterior waist, etc. Usually, these are areas not continuously (until the end of the curve) paralleled by skirts, but often by trousers.  
Quote: <DIV align=left>...then a long skirt is not even going to be appropriate.  Women would have to wear long straight robes like the strictest kinds of Muslim women. 
</DIV> The "then", in this case, does not follow.  
Quote: <DIV align=left>Is this what you are advocating?
</DIV> I have shown how this is not so.  Edit: May God bless you!  

Quote: Why is it 'immodest' for woman to wear pants, but not men?

I have already answered this question:

Quote:  
<DIV style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 2px">Quote:Originally posted by <B>O'Neill</B>

Men and women are created different, not clothed different. </DIV>
Originally posted by <B>INPEFESS</B>

An obese person and a slender person are created differently. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that they must be clothed differently; they will not fit properly into the other’s clothing without one of them first sacrificing modesty. Men and women are created differently. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that they must be clothed different.

Quote:...we're discussing pants tailored to fit a woman's body. If the clothing that conforms to the vaguest outline of a woman's body is condemnable, then there would be no need for tailoring. If it must first be tailored to a woman's pelvic area, then it is in some way outlining the aspects of her physique that are sexually attractive to a male. I am not claiming to be sexually attracted to an XXXL pair of pants on a size-4 lady.

<DIV align=center><DIV style="WIDTH: 90%; TEXT-ALIGN: left"><DIV style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 2px">Quote:Originally posted by <B>O'Neill</B>

I see. I agree with that. </DIV></DIV></DIV>

Men's Dress Worn By Women - frerejacques - 02-25-2009

It's nice that men spend so much of their time thinking about women's clothing. It's such a relief to me as a woman that I don't have to exercise my frail powers of discernment related to the horrible burden of what to wear every day. 

Men's Dress Worn By Women - didishroom - 02-25-2009

Quote:
It's nice that men spend so much of their time thinking about women's clothing. It's such a relief to me as a woman that I don't have to exercise my frail powers of discernment related to the horrible burden of what to wear every day. 
[Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif][Image: laff.gif]

Men's Dress Worn By Women - Anastasia - 02-25-2009

This thread is still going on?

Men's Dress Worn By Women - ErinIsNice - 02-25-2009

Anastasia Wrote:This thread is still going on?

It will never die.

Men's Dress Worn By Women - ONeill - 02-25-2009

ErinIsNice Wrote:
Anastasia Wrote:This thread is still going on?

It will never die.

Someone start an argument on sedeism; it will be closed fast.