FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Theology and Philosophy (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? (/showthread.php?tid=25620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - JPM - 05-03-2009

(02-12-2009, 08:40 PM)warning Wrote: I say yes that 6 million non baptized Jews who died during the holocuast went to hell. No baptism of desire, or baptism of fire, or baptism of gas chamber or what have you.

I understand what you are trying to say, however neither you or I or anyone can determine if any person has gone to hell.  Objectively speaking all who die without Baptism are condemned and go to hell.  But as we cannot judge the internal forum of any person (subjectively), and the disposition of the soul at death, no one can declare that this or that person is in hell.
This is what the Church teaches and what the Church does.

And the end of the persons under discussion has nothing to do with how they died, only whether or not they died outside of the Ark of Christ's Church. The only means of salvation to men
God Bless          JMJ          JPM

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Historian - 05-04-2009

(05-03-2009, 03:56 PM)didishroom Wrote: Hey, look! Previously locked threads became unlocked when the forum changed. Weird. I don't know if you want to fix it or not.

Eh, locking is usually more or less to stop a discussion that started out good but went off the rails.  Usually, time off from the topic gets it back on the rails, so I'm not too worried.  I can always lock things again if they go off the rails.

But, thanks for pointing it out!

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Benno - 05-04-2009

How can this not go off the rails? It's already off from the bizarre topic.

How about one more suitable to theological debate, like "Did the Chiinese Buddhist guy who died in the earthquake go to hell?"

There, now that's[i] a real issue! [/i] ::)

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Spooky - 05-07-2009

(02-12-2009, 08:34 PM)warning Wrote: Did the non-baptized 6 million Holocaust Jews who were killed at the hands of the Nazi's go to hell? Regardless of the figure of 200,000 or 6 million victims of the Holocaust (is it really that important?) did these Jews merit eternal hell? Does this sound better: "Well only 200,000 Jews went to hell, not 6 million."

I don't know. Why don't you go there and find out?

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Cyriacus - 05-07-2009

It is holy and good to pray for the souls of the deceased. We cannot know them to be damned with any certainty, so we cannot know that our prayers are in vain. If we are worried, then, we should exercise what compassion and mercy we can and pray to God on their behalf. Discourse will do nothing. If the prayer has effect, then it is good, and even if it is contrary and the soul is damned, then we will glorify God and obtain merit through sincere prayer on behalf of these souls.

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Walty - 05-07-2009

Has Judaism rejected Christ?  Of course.  Had all those individual Holocaust Jews made a personal and conscious decision to do so?  Most very likely not. 

In my opinion, most times that people are either ignorant or obstinate toward Catholicism it is because we haven't done nearly as good of a job of converting and inspiring by example as we should.  The Natural Law and the image of Christ are imprinted indelibly on every man's soul.  They long for Christ and it is our job to bring them to the source of that longing.  Those holocaust Jews were unbaptized and in opposition to the Faith, but why?  Are they worse off because of a lack of the influences of Christianity on their lives?  I'd be careful with your words Warning lest you only drink condemnation upon ourselves.

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - DarkKnight - 05-07-2009

I would have thought it fair to say that the prisoners entered hell as soon as they stepped off of the train, some were just lucky enough to come back. Clearly, some time off in purgatory was earned for those who remained holy in those hell holes.

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - NorthernTrad - 05-08-2009

My only question is why there is a three page thread speculating about who went to hell, as if souls going to hell is a good thing.  We pray to Jesus "lead ALL souls heaven, especially those most in need of thy mercy."  Stick with that and let God decide the rest, no?

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Baskerville - 05-08-2009

(05-08-2009, 11:36 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: My only question is why there is a three page thread speculating about who went to hell, as if souls going to hell is a good thing.  We pray to Jesus "lead ALL souls heaven, especially those most in need of thy mercy."   Stick with that and let God decide the rest, no?

Thats how I was raised anyway.

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - INPEFESS - 05-08-2009

(05-08-2009, 11:36 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: My only question is why there is a three page thread speculating about who went to hell, as if souls going to hell is a good thing.  We pray to Jesus "lead ALL souls heaven, especially those most in need of thy mercy."   Stick with that and let God decide the rest, no?

I second that. There are some things we just aren't meant to know; we must rest content with this knowledge  ;).