FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Theology and Philosophy (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? (/showthread.php?tid=25620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - didishroom - 05-13-2009

::)

If we could have a reasonable debate I would be more than happy, but past experience proves that's impossible.

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - PeterII - 05-13-2009

(05-13-2009, 08:59 PM)didishroom Wrote: ::)

If we could have a reasonable debate I would be more than happy, but past experience proves that's impossible.

As if its my fault you're unreasonable.  ::)

I just can't follow your circular logic.  :)

And there you go with the ad hominums

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Bonifacius - 05-13-2009

The Latin teacher in me comes out:  ad hominEm, not ad hominUm.  ;)

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - voxxpopulisuxx - 05-13-2009

The Church is Christ...or the True Vine...without connection to Christ...without being in the Universal (katholikos) Body of Christ salvation is beyond our right to hope. It matters not the circumstance of the death of the person. No Christ no heaven....it is very simple...what is hard to know is who accepted Christ at their last moments and who didnt..what is absolute fact...if one does not accept Jesus Christ as savior before their ast moments. they will spend an eternity in hell adult and children alike..... These debates always seem to conflate the facts....with simple emotionalism. EENS is a simple and fully acceptable dogma..what is unacceptable is deigning to attempt who repented with their last breath and who didnt.....adult and children alike. With God all things are possible, accept it is impossible for God to lie and God says there is no other path or way to heaven without Christ. A Jew who remains fathfull to the Jewish Rejection of Christ.....will perish in the flames...I may find this a horrifying thought...but it is the truth irregardless my emotional human (weakened by blindness and sin) response.

Quote:The Latin teacher in me comes out:  ad hominEm, not ad hominUm. 

I failed Latin.  :laughing:

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - ggreg - 05-14-2009

(05-13-2009, 01:09 PM)veritatem_dilexisti Wrote: Sorry, ggreg, but your speculation is erroneous; St Francis Xavier, whom the Church considers the most successful missionary since St Paul, clearly told the Japanese whom he was evangelising that their ancestors had been damned.

I bet that went down well given the honour the Japanese hold their ancestors in.

How to win friends and influence people.

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - didishroom - 05-14-2009

Well obviously it went down fine if he was the greatest missionary since St. Paul.

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - voxxpopulisuxx - 05-14-2009

(05-14-2009, 01:04 PM)didishroom Wrote: Well obviously it went down fine if he was the greatest missionary since St. Paul.
Truth always bares fruit

Re: Did the Holocaust Jews go to hell? - Resurrexi - 05-15-2009

(05-11-2009, 09:05 AM)HMiS Wrote: Jews are no other persons than the rest of the world. And baptism of desire is de fide. The Catechism of St. Pius X (1910) explicitly allows even implicit baptism of desire, as well as addresses of Pope Pius IX (1846-1878).

I wouldn't say that baptism of desire is a truth that must be believed with the divine and Catholic faith, but rather that is is a teaching of the Church to which we must give our religious assent.