FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Kennedy Funeral - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Kennedy Funeral (/showthread.php?tid=30515)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Kennedy Funeral - NonSumDignus - 08-29-2009

Anyone else watching?

Re: Kennedy Funeral - Gerard - 08-29-2009

I've got it on and have been checking in periodically.  It's an utter disgrace.  The "prayers of the faithful" are these liberal political slogans being tossed out by various Kennedy children, the more liberal the cause the younger the child.  Shameless. 

Yo Yo Ma is currently sawing away on his cello.  I can't wait for Elton John to come out and sing a banal, forgetful tune at what is supposed to be the foot of Calvary. 

I hope this wakes up a number of people to the character of Card. O'Malley. 

Re: Kennedy Funeral - In nomine Patris - 08-29-2009

I am. I am suprised they have him already in heaven. Not really I guess. All the talk about all the good he did. Not a word about all the abortion, gay marriage etc. I wonder if Obama will recieve Communion?

Re: Kennedy Funeral - trident59 - 08-29-2009

No way will I waste my time on that crap. We'll get enough of it on news clips for the next two weeks. It doesn't matter what we think anyway. God will decide and thats the way it'll be.

Need to finish my morning prayers now. Bye.

Re: Kennedy Funeral - Gerard - 08-29-2009

I noticed the cameras went to wide shots and windows and Placido Domingo wasting his gifts at this scandal at Communion.  Did anyone see whether any of the Presidents tried to take or were given Communion? 

Re: Kennedy Funeral - Beware_the_Ides - 08-29-2009

I shouldn't be due to the near occasions it presents but I can't help it.  The comentator on CBS said that 'Communion is now offered to members of the congregation' - nothing about needing to be properly disposed Catholics.  Conveniently, the cameras were not on the "distinguished dignitaries" during Communion but I did see the Obamas stand - I hope they didn't go there.  :pray:

May God have mercy on us all.  :pray:

Re: Kennedy Funeral - gitlance - 08-29-2009

I have been watching. All the cameras went to Placido during Communion, so I'm unsure as to what happened with the presidents. Let us pray.

Re: Kennedy Funeral - Joamy - 08-29-2009

Sooo glad I got rid of cable/dish/etc.  :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray2:

Re: Kennedy Funeral - Beware_the_Ides - 08-29-2009

He was a "devil's advocate..."!   From his sons eulogy.   ::)

No shame whatsoevah! :realmad:

Re: Kennedy Funeral - SouthpawLink - 08-29-2009

(08-29-2009, 12:06 PM)Gerard Wrote: I noticed the cameras went to wide shots and windows and Placido Domingo wasting his gifts at this scandal at Communion.  Did anyone see whether any of the Presidents tried to take or were given Communion? 

My mother has it on MSNBC, and the camera showed the Kennedy side of the aisle, as each returned after having (I suppose) received Holy Communion. So I cannot say whether or not any of the presidents received Holy Communion.

I wonder if any of the other networks showed a different camera angle, whereby you could see if any of the presidents received Holy Communion.

P.S. - The intercessory prayers basically asked God to help the Democratic/liberal platform come to pass (of course, I have no qualms about helping the poor, as we're obliged to do, but Holy Mass is not the time nor the place to couch such obligations in liberal-speak).

The homily sounded like a eulogy, where Sen. Kennedy's love for the poor and commitment to social justice were praised (his failure to uphold the other commandments notwithstanding). But I cannot judge, as I'm a grave sinner myself (in my own way).

May God forgive him and grant him eternal rest.