FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Found a Watchtower in the front door today - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Found a Watchtower in the front door today (/showthread.php?tid=30743)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Found a Watchtower in the front door today - WhollyRoaminCatholic - 09-08-2009

Obviously the Witnesses are patrolling the neighborhood of the WRC Estate.  It's only a matter of time before we meet.

What do I need to know?  Please fill me in.

Re: Found a Watchtower in the front door today - CanadianCatholic - 09-08-2009

They come to my door all the time. They were very pushy last time, something about a seminar to prepare for the end of times. I usually just say " Im Catholic, Im covered, thanx anyways!"

Re: Found a Watchtower in the front door today - devotedknuckles - 09-08-2009

They're not as fun to bother like mormons. Mormons are riot. Jovas are pretty boring. I ignore them. Most jovas I've met are old italian apostates in little italy up here. Real annoying.
Sip sip

Re: Found a Watchtower in the front door today - Historian - 09-08-2009

(09-08-2009, 11:25 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Obviously the Witnesses are patrolling the neighborhood of the WRC Estate.  It's only a matter of time before we meet.

What do I need to know?  Please fill me in.

Nothing you need to know. They are a closed cult which suck people into believing whatever they are told. It is impossible to really have a discussion with them; they teach their own doctrine.

So far, they have infallibly said that the world will end in 1914, 1925, and 1975. They still teach that...we just missed it.

Re: Found a Watchtower in the front door today - WhollyRoaminCatholic - 09-08-2009

(09-08-2009, 11:42 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: They're not as fun to bother like mormons. Mormons are riot. Jovas are pretty boring. I ignore them. Most jovas I've met are old italian apostates in little italy up here. Real annoying.
Sip sip

Right.  Mormons, I'm down with.  Here in beautiful Kansas City, Mormons are a part of life.  Afterall, we've got Independence Missouri just around the corner, which is a big Mormon stronghold, and the world headquarters of the Reorganized Church of Latter Day Saints (now commonly called the "Community of Christ" (sic).  RLDS are kind of like the Mormon-SSPX, except with dumber buildings.
[Image: CommunityofChrist_Independe.jpg]
I've got mormons in the bag (ahem.  Not literally).  Side note: if you ever meet a person from Independence, Missouri, they're either Mormon, on meth, or in transition between the two.  Just sayin'.

But I digress.  I'm not scared of them, mind you.  I just want to be ready to defend my Faith and maybe to share Christ's real Church with them.  Any tips?

Re: Found a Watchtower in the front door today - Historian - 09-09-2009

(09-08-2009, 11:57 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: But I digress.  I'm not scared of them, mind you.  I just want to be ready to defend my Faith and maybe to share Christ's real Church with them.  Any tips?

Jehova's Witnesses are only ignored because of Scientology :)

They are a brainwashing cult.

I highly doubt you'll be able to have any rational discussion with them. You can look at an overview of their beliefs on wikipedia. Its history and doctrine is wacky.

Re: Found a Watchtower in the front door today - Cassius_Longinus - 09-09-2009

Quote: I've got mormons in the bag (ahem.  Not literally).  Side note: if you ever meet a person from Independence, Missouri, they're either Mormon, on meth, or in transition between the two.  Just sayin'.

Wow, must be sister city to Mesa or Apache Junction, Arizona!

Re: Found a Watchtower in the front door today - Marc - 09-09-2009

For all the times the Watchtower people have come around, I've never known any to pay a return visit; they usually just mumble something about "a new heaven and earth," thrust a couple of tracts through the door, point to the contact info on the brochure, and that's the end of it. A couple have mentioned something about coming back, but it was only perfunctory.

The Mormons, on the other hand... lets just say I'm still getting cards from the elders during the Holidays. :holly:

Re: Found a Watchtower in the front door today - Iuvenalis - 09-09-2009

(09-08-2009, 11:57 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: But I digress.  I'm not scared of them, mind you.  I just want to be ready to defend my Faith and maybe to share Christ's real Church with them.  Any tips?

http://www.catholic.com/library/Stumpers_for_Jehovah_Witnesse.asp

http://www.catholic.com/library/More_Stumpers_for_Jehovah_Wit.asp

There's also some tracts I have that are along these same lines, orderable from CathAnswers. They're pretty good tracts, nevermind the forums o' course.

Re: Found a Watchtower in the front door today - Matamoros - 09-09-2009

My maternal grandfather used to chase off Mormon and JW missionaries with a knife. When he got older, he used a stingray's tail.