FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
How many "meals" a day? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How many "meals" a day? (/showthread.php?tid=32124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: How many "meals" a day? - SoCalLocal - 11-18-2009

On workdays, breakfast is a couple cups of black coffee and a muffin or sweetroll. Something I can eat in the car.
Lunch could be a sandwich, but usually just something I grabbed from the pantry. Cheese, crackers, some cookies, maybe a granola bar. A boiled egg, perhaps.
Dinner is the big meal.

Really, my usual diet generally meets the wimpy modern requirements for fasting. The first two meals hardly add up to a full real meal! 

Days off are another story. I may have two breakfasts, go grab whatever fast-food I've been craving, and a full dinner!

Re: How many "meals" a day? - Walty - 11-18-2009

Almost always I eat only once a day with no snacking otherwise.

Re: How many "meals" a day? - BrevisVir55 - 11-18-2009

(11-18-2009, 09:31 PM)Walty Wrote: Almost always I eat only once a day with no snacking otherwise.

really?!? how are you alive Walty?!?

Re: How many "meals" a day? - libby - 11-18-2009

(11-18-2009, 09:31 PM)Walty Wrote: Almost always I eat only once a day with no snacking otherwise.

why would you snack?

your one meal consists of snacks.

(11-18-2009, 10:19 PM)libby Wrote:

why would you snack?

your one meal consists of snacks.

True.  Mostly fruit snacks.

(11-18-2009, 09:41 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: really?!? how are you alive Walty?!?

I'm not quite sure.  Apparently it's enough to keep me alive though.  I feel fit as a whistle too.

(11-18-2009, 10:36 PM)Walty Wrote: I'm not quite sure.  Apparently it's enough to keep me alive though.  I feel fit as a whistle too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

go eat a hamburger, Walter.

Yeah, yeah.  I used to eat like crap.  I got pretty darn chubby my first year of college.  Ever since then I've honestly felt better not eating stuff like that.  It just sits in your stomach and all you want to do is take a nap.  Bad for your body and your soul.

(11-18-2009, 10:47 PM)Walty Wrote: Yeah, yeah.  I used to eat like crap.  I got pretty darn chubby my first year of college.  Ever since then I've honestly felt better not eating stuff like that.  It just sits in your stomach and all you want to do is take a nap.  Bad for your body and your soul.

what about some fish or yogurt or whole wheat bread?

sheesh, Walty - anything's better than those horrible silverfish you're always eating...

that's not crap?

we CARE, Walty.

(no, really, we do)

Re: How many "meals" a day? - RalphKramden - 11-18-2009

(11-18-2009, 09:27 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote: On workdays, breakfast is a couple cups of black coffee and a muffin or sweetroll. Something I can eat in the car.
Lunch could be a sandwich, but usually just something I grabbed from the pantry. Cheese, crackers, some cookies, maybe a granola bar. A boiled egg, perhaps.
Dinner is the big meal.

Really, my usual diet generally meets the wimpy modern requirements for fasting. The first two meals hardly add up to a full real meal! 

Days off are another story. I may have two breakfasts, go grab whatever fast-food I've been craving, and a full dinner!
I think we're eating habit twins :laughing:
I was going to reply, but after reading your post, I'm just going to say "Yeah, me too"

Re: How many "meals" a day? - Historian - 11-19-2009

Highly irregular.