FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
God and "Allah" - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Theology and Philosophy (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: God and "Allah" (/showthread.php?tid=32296)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

God and "Allah" - INPEFESS - 11-25-2009

Before you read the included citation from Nostra Aetate, I would first like to make it known that I do not surface this topic for the sake of being controversial. Rather, I am sincere in my inquiry as to its explanation (in your opinion, of course) as well as to the reconciliation of this passage with the perennial Magisterium of the Church. I ask these questions:

1) to collect your opinions (as traditional Catholics) on this matter, and

2) to understand the intended meaning of this passage (based on its content)?

From Nostra Aetate, Section 3:

Second Vatican Council Wrote:3. The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

Since in the course of centuries not a few quarrels and hostilities have arisen between Christians and Moslems, this sacred synod urges all to forget the past and to work sincerely for mutual understanding and to preserve as well as to promote together for the benefit of all mankind social justice and moral welfare, as well as peace and freedom.

I am especially concerned with this in light of these passages from Sacred Scripture:

Quote:John 14

6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Quote:2 Matthew 11

27 All things are delivered to me by my Father. And no one knoweth the Son, but the Father: neither doth any one know the Father, but the Son, and he to whom it shall please the Son to reveal him.

Quote:3 Luke 10

22 All things are delivered to me by my Father; and no one knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and to whom the Son will reveal him.

Considering what we know about God (from what His Son has revealed about Himself), how is the teaching from Nostra Aetate correct - how is it possible?

I would like the poll to reflect the opinions of the traditional Catholics on this forum; I would like the discussion to focus on the meaning of Section 3 from Nostra Aetate.

Re: God and "Allah" - Scipio_a - 11-25-2009

Voted...think I'll think about discussing after thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving INP....

Re: God and "Allah" - INPEFESS - 11-25-2009

(11-25-2009, 06:24 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: Voted...think I'll think about discussing after thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving INP....

Ha! Thanks for your input and your gesture of kindness. You might want to refrain from all conversations of this sort while there are large quantities of alcohol readily accessible.  :cheers:

Very wise.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Re: God and "Allah" - Historian - 11-25-2009

Well, since they don't believe in the Holy Trinity, then it is clear that they don't worship the True God, as we Catholics do.

Re: God and "Allah" - INPEFESS - 11-25-2009

(11-25-2009, 06:40 PM)DeVille Wrote: Well, since they don't believe in the Holy Trinity, then it is clear that they don't worship the True God, as we Catholics do.

Thank you for your post. Do you have an opinion of what Nostra Aetate was saying?

Re: God and "Allah" - Melita - 11-25-2009

"Allah" does mean God, in Arabic. Arabic speaking Christians refer to Him as such.

But of course, I voted NO. Muslims do not acknowledge the God we do, who became man for love of us and died that we may live.

Re: God and "Allah" - Baskerville - 11-25-2009

I am with DeVille We worship the trinity they dont. No we dont worship the same God. As to the part about sacred scripture Vatican II tried to throw out sacred scripture whenever it conflicted with their new Masonic religion of the brotherhood of man.

Re: God and "Allah" - Credo - 11-25-2009

Why is the word Allah in quotation marks? It is the proper Arabic word for the English God. Arabic-speaking Christians use the word Allah in their prayers.

Starting amongst Protestant Fundamentalists some while back, it seems to have entered Catholic lore that Allah was an Arabian moon deity which Mohammad commandeered. This is incorrect. See above.

Re: God and "Allah" - Credo - 11-25-2009

DeVille Wrote:Well, since they don't believe in the Holy Trinity, then it is clear that they don't worship the True God, as we Catholics do.

Of course the Jews do. No double standard, though.

Re: God and "Allah" - devotedknuckles - 11-25-2009

The ancient Romans called god dieus. Its latin just as we do but that doesn't mean the pagan romans worshipped the true God.
Credo God was very clear and blunt with us in scripture he is a trinity. Mohams refuse him. U cannot deny him and then claim to worship him.
Mohamadanism has certain aspects of the arab moon cult in it just as it has some judiasm and deformed christian aspects. The kabah is a good example of the moon diety aspect as well as the crescent they use as a symbol.
Bo they do not worshiop the same God. The true God. The only God. While moham devotion to their false satanic god on the surface seems laudible it is not. Its false and not pleasing to God to worship falshood.
Vpoo was dead wrong here. And sacred history has demonstrated this time and time and time again. No modernist double speak can change it.
SANTIAGO!!
DEUS VULT!!!!