FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! (/showthread.php?tid=32420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-09-2009

(12-09-2009, 10:45 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
QuisutDeus Wrote:Sauran Rite

LOL, was that rite of Mass created under the reign of the Dark Lord Sauron?

(I think you meant the Sarum Use, or the Use of Salisbury)

Yeah, my brain disconnected from my fingers.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - INPEFESS - 12-09-2009

(12-09-2009, 11:04 AM)Rosarium Wrote: Would it be sinful to attend a mass which was blatantly disrespectful to God?

Ahhh.

Rosarium, the serious pedant who just wants his simple question answered.  :laughing:

Keep trying...

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-09-2009

(12-09-2009, 10:40 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-09-2009, 09:55 PM)franklinf Wrote: Carnivore,

Would it be sinful to attend a mass which was blatantly disrespectful to God?

I can and certainly will answer this after I receive one acknowledgment of truth.  That acknowledgment is that no one at any time at any place has ever proven that the Ordinary Form of the Mass is intrinsically "blatantly disrespectful to God" as promulgated by the Catholic Church.  Acknowledge that truth and I will most certainly answer the above question.

Well, will you first acknowledge the truth that the Novus Ordo is a banal on-the-spot product, and a fabrication, and its implementation has resulted in devastation?

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - INPEFESS - 12-09-2009

(12-09-2009, 11:30 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

I can and certainly will answer this after I receive one acknowledgment of truth.  That acknowledgment is that no one at any time at any place has ever proven that the Ordinary Form of the Mass is intrinsically "blatantly disrespectful to God" as promulgated by the Catholic Church.  Acknowledge that truth and I will most certainly answer the above question.

Well, will you first acknowledge the truth that the Novus Ordo is a banal on-the-spot product, and a fabrication, and its implementation has resulted in devastation?

Ok, you're really pressing your luck with that one...  ;)

(12-09-2009, 11:33 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(12-09-2009, 11:30 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

Ok, you're really pressing your luck with that one...  ;)

Well, it is a truth, albeit an unfortunate one.  If we're holding answers to straightforward questions hostage by having people somehow "prove their orthodoxy" by acknowledging truth, I think it's fair to ask people to prove their ability of critical thinking by acknowledging another truth.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Iuvenalis - 12-09-2009

(12-09-2009, 11:40 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Well, it is a truth, albeit an unfortunate one.  If we're holding answers to straightforward questions hostage by having people somehow "prove their orthodoxy" by acknowledging truth, I think it's fair to ask people to prove their ability of critical thinking by acknowledging another truth.

Ah, it's good to have this guy back...

(12-09-2009, 11:45 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(12-09-2009, 11:40 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Well, it is a truth, albeit an unfortunate one.  If we're holding answers to straightforward questions hostage by having people somehow "prove their orthodoxy" by acknowledging truth, I think it's fair to ask people to prove their ability of critical thinking by acknowledging another truth.

Give it a week and you'll all be sick of me again...

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - INPEFESS - 12-10-2009

(12-09-2009, 11:49 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(12-09-2009, 11:45 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:

Give it a week and you'll all be sick of me again...

Haha! Yeah, let's talk about death metal...

;)

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Iuvenalis - 12-10-2009

Now there's someone to lock threads that shouldn't have gone on this long in the first place though. This stupid thread for example.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Texican - 12-10-2009

(12-09-2009, 04:06 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: OK...this thread has been going for a while now and it's time for me to make my speech that I always do when this NO thing starts to get out of hand, lest someone here gets pissed off at me that has no reason to...it goes like this:

As far as the NO and sin attending it...There are several on this forum that have no TLM near them or transportation to a TLM that some might consider bear enough ...

three come to mind right off the bat

Rosarium, Texican, and Satori

They are in the unenviable position of having to choose to go to Mass or not to go to Mass...NO only on a typical Sunday.

Here they must choose with their own conscience...they choose to go to Mass...I do not see a sin in this for them...they know what the Mass should be like but they are deprived of it by the local ordinary...and there just aren't enough SSPX and SSPV priests to go around...so they fall under the release to go to a Mass like that in a crisis, much like any of us could justify going to a Russian Orthodox Mass if we were in the heart of Russia...and no Roman priest was around for  a 1000 miles.

On top of that, I have been thinking recently about the sins I have committed and continue to commit...Now I have 5,,,that's right...5 TLMs to choose from (at least) there are 2 FSSP, 2 SSPX, and 1 indie sedevacantist chapel...so here I sit in this Ivory tower...as some might judge...and cast down heavy words against the NO....folks in TX's situation might take it the wrong way...don't...this is not about your unfortunate and burdensome situation (I know TX won't...he's see this caveat before)

But this gets me to something I alluded to on Lisa's goodbye for a few minutes thread...Is going to the NO more sinful than some of the shit I do and have been unable to confess since all 5...that's right....ALL 5 of my Mass choices are an hour away...and worse I work nothing but weekend nights...so Mass falls by the wayside for me often...often....now I have a dispensation from my priest...at least the one we had until last month....but that does not stop the build up on my soul...so I'm at a general impasse since the only  NO near here is a rotten new thing...you can tell by the building...and I have known a couple of parishioners....so I know what it's like

That said if I were in Satori's shoes I am pretty sure at this point that I would attend at St. Benedict's at least from time to time...and invoke the same crisis argument as laid out above

<snip>

The above caveat DOES NOT apply to Caribore who has an easy to reach TLM...weekdays do not count for the crisis argument since they are extra credit affairs in most circumstances.

My only option, as I see it, is the adoration chapel.  Unfortunately, as I was explaining to Kim, not too long ago, my time there, has to be timed just right, otherwise, there will be a NO Mass going on, and I won't be able to hear myself think, over the noise of the drums, bass, and guitars, since it's a thin wall that separates the chapel, from the altar. 

Funny, but I've half-way entertained the idea of visiting the local Eastern Orthodox church, for the Divine Liturgy, since I can't assist at the Mass in my parish, nor the rest of parishes within a couple of hours from home, in good conscience. 

Quote:Funny, I mentioned this general line of thinking to UD and she had actually been thinking the same thing..."JUST NOT THE KIDS" ad her foot was down.

I don't blame her, one bit!