FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! (/showthread.php?tid=32420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-11-2009

(12-10-2009, 09:56 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-10-2009, 09:36 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote:
Bo-ring
Just let it die. Neither one of you is going to sway the other.

Salient suggestion, Arch...

Well, we can talk about sports, but I'd rather talk about something meaningful.  :shrug:

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-11-2009

Can we just put him in stocks and throw fruit at him until he sees the errors of his ways?

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-11-2009

(12-11-2009, 01:11 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Well, we can talk about sports, but I'd rather talk about something meaningful.  :shrug:

But what exactly is this accomplishing?  I appreciate that you pointed out that it cannot be "proven" that attending the OF Mass is "sinful" given the information we have.  That was one of the most ludicrous statements I have ever heard -- by anyone.  But other than that we are going around in circles.  I follow Jesus Christ though his Church and you follow your interpretation of articles from The Remnant (or is it The Wanderer?) or wherever.  We're not likely to find common ground.

Do you guys even consider yourselves Catholics or just pagan waiting in the wings to reclaim the Church?  I'm curious about that one...

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-11-2009

(12-11-2009, 02:30 AM)Benno Wrote: Well it gave me a laugh any way, back to the topic.

And do we now have to deal with yet more frigging acronyms - OF vs EF? It never ends...

Maybe you could pull your head out of your ass and refer to the Masses as the Pope does -- OF and EF?  Using the moniker "NO" or "Novus Ordo" is like ink-stamping "I'm a Moron" across your forehead each time you use the incorrect name for the Mass of Pope Paul VI.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Louis_Martin - 12-11-2009

(12-11-2009, 04:19 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-11-2009, 02:30 AM)Benno Wrote: Well it gave me a laugh any way, back to the topic.

And do we now have to deal with yet more frigging acronyms - OF vs EF? It never ends...

Maybe you could pull your head out of your ass and refer to the Masses as the Pope does -- OF and EF?  Using the moniker "NO" or "Novus Ordo" is like ink-stamping "I'm a Moron" across your forehead each time you use the incorrect name for the Mass of Pope Paul VI.
The term Novus Ordo Missae was used for the longest time by even the liberals.  I have pages and pages of booklets originally used to instruct priests at the time to say the New Mass, and it is clearly referred to as Novus Ordo.  It seems it was a very correct name.
Perhaps you need the stamp.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Louis_Martin - 12-11-2009

(12-11-2009, 04:15 PM)Carnivore Wrote: Do you guys even consider yourselves Catholics or just pagan waiting in the wings to reclaim the Church?  I'm curious about that one...
Your lack of charity astounds me.  I have never declared your ilk not Catholic, or "pagan".  I may have called your ilk ignorant, but never have I spit so much hatred against people as you have here.  I attack ideas, not people.  It should be the same with you.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Vetus Ordo - 12-11-2009

(12-11-2009, 04:15 PM)Carnivore Wrote: Do you guys even consider yourselves Catholics or just pagan waiting in the wings to reclaim the Church?  I'm curious about that one...

Do you consider yourself Mickey Mouse? I'm curious. You seem like him.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - devotedknuckles - 12-11-2009

So this idiot carnalbore has just called the owner of the tank a pagan
LOL
I'd say he had balls but u can't on the net so he must only have teeeets
Sip

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - INPEFESS - 12-11-2009

Please, this is a Catholic forum and attitudes such as that are very unbecoming, especially of Catholics. That is nothing to say of the scandal it provides to all those potential converts who have access to the internet.

For the love of God, I strongly encourage you to conduct yourself in a more charitable and respectful manner.

It is referred to as "novus Ordo Missae" in the rubrics for it.

That is how the Pope, council and all who celebrate it called it. OF and EF were used for only a few documents.

The "correct" name for it is not the one used by the current Pope in only a few documents.