FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! (/showthread.php?tid=32420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - INPEFESS - 12-14-2009

(12-14-2009, 02:46 AM)Benno Wrote: Yowsers. "Pull your head out of your ass" for calling the Novus Ordo the Novus Ordo? Mate, if 90% of the world owned cats, and 10% owned dogs, you could call cats the "ordinary pet" (OP) if you like, and dogs the "extraordinary pet" (EP), but they'd still be cats and dogs. Or would you prefer to call them OPs and EPs?  ::)

(sorry, geekiest post I've ever written!)

That's considered geeky? Uh oh. I thought that was just an example of logic. If that's geeky, I am the epitome of geeky.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-14-2009

(12-10-2009, 10:46 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Sounds like his "reform-of-the-reform" is to go back to the 1962 Missal and add what can be  "experienced as valid" from the New Missal which is probably what the Council intended Abp. Bugini et al. to do in the first place.

Or do you disagree?
Sorry I was deeply involved with the last few days of the Novenario En Honor De La Virgen De Guadalupe at my parish and I had no time to surf the web.

No, I don't see the current EF becoming the new OF anytime soon -- certainly not in this millennium.  Likely never -- but never say never, right?  Not because there is anything wrong with the EF per se -- it's just that it's certainly no better than the current OF so why make the change and risk the consequences that come with it? I would also guess that the great majority of the world's Catholics also prefer the current OF otherwise more than .3-.4% of Mass attendees would currently be attending the current EF.  I think if there truly was a great thirst for the Tridentine Mass it would have spread like wildfire after the promulgation of the MP and that has not been the case.

I believe Pope Benedict is very sensitive to wholesale change.  Even if the change is anticipated to be of great benefit, he's sensitive to the damage just the training (or lack thereof) and implementation demands can do to the Church.  That said it's clear that he's serious about doing what he can within the context of the OF Mass to eradicate actual abuses and irregularities that have become institutionalized in some settings.  I think that would be true even if the M1962 was still the OF Mass today...

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-14-2009

(12-11-2009, 05:21 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: The term Novus Ordo Missae was used for the longest time by even the liberals.  I have pages and pages of booklets originally used to instruct priests at the time to say the New Mass, and it is clearly referred to as Novus Ordo.  It seems it was a very correct name.
Perhaps you need the stamp.

Bullshit.  It's not only inaccurate, it's demeaning -- the very reason some people still employ its use.  Mass of Pope Paul VI, Pauline Mass, Ordinary Form of the Mass or OF Mass.  All far more accurate and not demeaning -- NOT that you are going to change your ways.  People like you ENJOY being offensive on this matter so it's expected.  Just remember the ink stamp...

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - INPEFESS - 12-14-2009

(12-14-2009, 09:19 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-11-2009, 05:21 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: The term Novus Ordo Missae was used for the longest time by even the liberals.  I have pages and pages of booklets originally used to instruct priests at the time to say the New Mass, and it is clearly referred to as Novus Ordo.  It seems it was a very correct name.

Bullshit.  It's not only inaccurate, it's demeaning -- the very reason some people still employ its use.  Mass of Pope Paul VI, Pauline Mass, Ordinary Form of the Mass or OF Mass.  All far more accurate and not demeaning -- NOT that you are going to change your ways.  People like you ENJOY being offensive on this matter so it's expected.  Just remember the ink stamp...

Carnivore, I just read your post, but I am little confused as to why you think it is offensive. Isn't it just saying "new Order" Mass? Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but I'm not sure how that is offensive. Let me know what you think...

Thanks.

(12-11-2009, 07:58 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(12-11-2009, 04:15 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-11-2009, 01:11 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Well, we can talk about sports, but I'd rather talk about something meaningful.  :shrug:

I follow Jesus Christ though his Church and you follow your interpretation of articles from The Remnant (or is it The Wanderer?) or wherever.  We're not likely to find common ground.

I've been quoting the Pope, not the Remnant nor the Wanderer.  Neither of which I read.  You've been quoting... oh yeah, your own version of Catholicism as the "true one" with no recognition for the valid charism and attachment to the immemorial forms of liturgy and Sacraments that traditional Catholics have.  And I say valid because two Popes have called them valid attachments.

What do you read?  National Catholic Reporter?  That sounds about right...

Quote:Do you guys even consider yourselves Catholics or just pagan waiting in the wings to reclaim the Church?  I'm curious about that one...

That is very offensive.  I thought you were interested in "critical thinking" and honest discussion.  It appears you are just a troll as everyone thought you were, and not a very good one at that.  Clearly you don't consider us Catholics even though the Pope does.  But, you know, his opinion is what counts even though you seem to dismiss his opinion on liturgy as "non-authoritative".  I'm wondering if you consider the Pope to be Catholic...

Last chance:  if you want critical thinking and honest discussion, that's fine.  If you want to troll here and offend trads, take off or I will ban you.

You have been offering your interpretation of the Pope's words taken completely out of context.  C'mon -- did you really believe they were going to sell?  Seriously?

As far as the pagan/Catholic comment I do apologize for that.  It was in very bad taste and I am sorry.  But to suggest that attending OF Mass is "sinful?"  That is a stunning comment to me that the Pope would no doubt repudiate.  That's so far beyond the pale that it truly did (and does) make me wonder exactly what's going on here?  That said I should have just swallowed my question and not asked it.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Scipio_a - 12-14-2009

(12-14-2009, 09:14 PM)Carnivore Wrote: Not because there is anything wrong with the EF per se -- it's just that it's certainly no better than the current OF so why make the change and risk the consequences that come with it?

Umm, you just a dweeb or what...It has been demonstrated on this thread ways in which the TLM is objectively superior to the Novus DisOrdo (oh I'm sorry the ND)  and that even B16 holds this to be true

It has even been shown that there are KNOWN times when attending the NO can be sinful...using the 3 elements argument and the sin of scandal to demonstrate this  (as the lowest one available to you)

And I gave examples of when the above might be NOT considered a sin due to the crisis situation...same as a Mass by Orthodox, etc.

So you are just a broken record of denial

SO answer the question presented by all the other posters here....You can't...because even a partisan as steeped in the lies as you knows you will lose that argument...and nothing is worse to the prideful than having to swallow it.

(12-14-2009, 09:25 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(12-14-2009, 09:19 PM)Carnivore Wrote:

Carnivore, I just read your post, but I am little confused as to why you think it is offensive. Isn't it just saying "new Order" Mass? Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but I'm not sure how that is offensive. Let me know what you think...

Thanks.

You honestly don't see the negativity is typing "NO Mass?"  Really?  If "Mass of Pope Paul VI" or "Pauline Mass" is too cumbersome why not just use "Ordinary Form" or "OF Mass" like the Pope does?

(12-14-2009, 09:29 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: ...It has been demonstrated on this thread ways in which the Extraordinary is objectively superior to the Ordinary Form of the Mass  and that even B16 holds this to be true...

No it has not (QuisUtDeus agrees that it has not) and no he does not.  You want me to accept a defective premise as if it's a proven fact and I simply will not.

The discourse runs off the rails at the very beginning and you want to continue on as if nothing is wrong.  That's impossible.  We must go back to the start and fix what's keeping the discourse from progressing (no pun.)

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Scipio_a - 12-14-2009

(12-14-2009, 09:28 PM)Carnivore Wrote: That said I should have just swallowed my question and not asked it.

Actually what you should do is read through the actual fisheaters.com site for Protestats and Catholics...read and learn

Then watch the forum for a while and learn how this is done...'cause you're not very good at it yet...now that might just be due to age and poor schooling or it could be a character flaw.

Either way...listen and learn...you can't learn with your mouth running

(12-14-2009, 09:32 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-14-2009, 09:29 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: ...It has been demonstrated on this thread ways in which the Extraordinary is objectively superior to the Ordinary Form of the Mass  and that even B16 holds this to be true...

No it has not and no he does not.  You want me to accept a defective premise as if it's a proven fact and I simply will not.

Because you are prideful