FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! (/showthread.php?tid=32420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-01-2009

(12-01-2009, 10:53 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-01-2009, 10:47 PM)jutius Wrote: I found the flowcharting techniques highly unconventional. The lack of terminals and left-to-right directional arrows are unorthodox.  As soon as I can overcome this illicit use of symbols, I’ll start working on the content.

Maybe the heterodox charting technique was due to a lack of "paper?"   

Paper? On PDF? I'd say "lack of technical skills or creativity".

Did you make them?

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Fractus - 12-02-2009

Favorite theologian of "Catholics" is Thomas Aquinas, and of "Traditionalists" is Scott Hahn or Alice von Hildebrand?? ???

What have you been smoking?

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-02-2009

(12-01-2009, 10:47 PM)jutius Wrote: I found the flowcharting techniques highly unconventional. The lack of terminals and left-to-right directional arrows are unorthodox.  As soon as I can overcome this illicit use of symbols, I’ll start working on the content.
Actually not all flowcharts require "terminals."  Further "left-to-right directional arrows" are quite orthodox while "right-to-left directional arrows" are far less common although not "heterodox" by any measure.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-02-2009

(12-02-2009, 03:31 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
Actually not all flowcharts require "terminals."  Further "left-to-right directional arrows" are quite orthodox while "right-to-left directional arrows" are far less common although not "heterodox" by any measure.

A Modernist flowchart?

This is new :)

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Stephanos - 12-02-2009

The "flowchart" has way too much text in it, and no objective starting point.

The spreadsheet implies that "Fundamentalist Catholics" do not obey the Church, as opposed to the angelic goody-goody "Catholic" group that does everything right.  Not that funny.  Especially the "Personal salvation" vs. "Will altar boys use patens?" cheap-shot.

Not to mention both documents are hard on the eyes.  ::)

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-02-2009

(12-02-2009, 03:57 PM)Stephanos Wrote: The "flowchart" has way too much text in it, and no objective starting point.

The spreadsheet implies that "Fundamentalist Catholics" do not obey the Church, as opposed to the angelic goody-goody "Catholic" group that does everything right.  Not that funny.  Especially the "Personal salvation" vs. "Will altar boys use patens?" cheap-shot.

Not to mention both documents are hard on the eyes.  ::)
Of course the flowchart has an "objective" starting point.  A recursive loop is clearly noted.  There is indeed a lot of text in limited space.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-02-2009

(12-02-2009, 04:12 PM)Carnivore Wrote: Of course the flowchart has an "objective" starting point.  A recursive loop is clearly noted.  There is indeed a lot of text in limited space.

There is no such thing as "limited space" in this context.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Stephanos - 12-02-2009

(12-02-2009, 04:12 PM)Carnivore Wrote: Of course the flowchart has an "objective" starting point.  A recursive loop is clearly noted.  There is indeed a lot of text in limited space.

This might be splitting hairs, but I don't believe this is recursive either.  It's just a loop.  Recursion means invoking a smaller problem instance until a defined base case is hit.

(12-01-2009, 10:50 PM)Rosarium Wrote:

Yes, it isn't a flow chart at all.

Right - there are a great deal of initial and terminal states.  It's more like a......why, it's like a nondeterministic finite state automaton with epsilon/lambda moves!

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - James02 - 12-02-2009

I only checked out the modernist "flow chart" that doesn't flow.  It was stupid.  One block complains that you can't figure out a liturgical abuse.  Bull sh*&.

This is a troll.  I have walked out of many novus ordo messes.  Let's take when Sister preaches the homily.  Tell me carnivore, is that an abuse?  Hell, it's even worse, it is illicit.  Now I walked out on these abuses when I was a neo-Catholic.  Now I just don't attend Messes anymore.

This is trolling.  And there is nothing humorous about the files.  Don't bother reading them, save yourself the time.  Carnivore is a troll.