FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! (/showthread.php?tid=32420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-17-2009

(12-17-2009, 04:16 AM)Benno Wrote: Carnivore, why ruin a harmless laugh by being so gut-wrenchingly serious? You should have just floated that "flow chart" out there and gone your merry way.
Good point!

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-17-2009

(12-17-2009, 02:58 AM)Carnivore Wrote: Even QuisUtDeus noted that you cannot "prove" what you claimed to have proven.  You're not exactly the sharpest tool in the toolbox are you?   :pazzo:
Whichever tool he is, you are the silly putty version of it.

Quote:You make moronic comments followed by bits of emotion sprinkled with crude attacks.  Just who/what are you?  I hope you're aware you're not fooling anyone here...  You are, right?
You know, that is exactly what could be said by you. You just personally attack people instead of doing simple things like answering questions.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Texican - 12-17-2009

No matter how hard you guys may try, this will never be another Cowboy thread. 

Ever.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - devotedknuckles - 12-17-2009

But didn't the man chops off very own wee willie beat the cowboy thread?
Just sayin
But this won't be another cho chop thread either
Sip (blue mountain java ahhhhh)

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Texican - 12-17-2009

The cowboy thread was at 200 pages, or so, so I think that the wee willy thread was a bit short of that.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - devotedknuckles - 12-17-2009

But the cowboy thread was locked. The wee willie thread out of chilvary stopped the ongoing slaughter cuz the cowboy thrad couldn't drfend itself in short
The willie thread was the last man sstanding
Sip

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Scipio_a - 12-17-2009

(12-17-2009, 02:58 AM)Carnivore Wrote: Even QuisUtDeus noted that you cannot "prove" what you claimed to have proven.  You're not exactly the sharpest tool in the toolbox are you?   :pazzo:

You make moronic comments followed by bits of emotion sprinkled with crude attacks.  Just who/what are you?  I hope you're aware you're not fooling anyone here...  You are, right?

no...that's not what he said...he said this...(Your comments in bold first...then his assent ...and then he says that even your comment may be proven false or true....his comments had nothing to do with my assertion

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,3425946.msg33192061.html#msg33192061

(12-10-2009, 07:41 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(12-10-2009, 05:10 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-10-2009, 06:35 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(12-09-2009, 10:40 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
I can and certainly will answer this after I receive one acknowledgment of truth.  That acknowledgment is that no one at any time at any place has ever proven that the Ordinary Form of the Mass is intrinsically "blatantly disrespectful to God" as promulgated by the Catholic Church.  Acknowledge that truth and I will most certainly answer the above question.

Here, I will be intellectually honest.  I acknowledge that truth.  It was never proven.

However, I'm not sure why you want that acknowledgment.  it is rather meaningless because the converse is a truth as well:  No one has ever proven that the OF is intrinsically "respectful to God" as promulgated by the Catholic Church, either.  If the Church made an authoritative declaration that it is respectful to God, that would be proof, but AFAIK the Church has made no authoritative comment except that it is valid and is the Ordinary Form of the Latin Rite.

It could never be proven because it's simply not true. 

That's a false conclusion.

But go ahead and keep writing and avoiding the points at hand....you look real sharp (sic) doing it.  I will tell you this...it is clear from your posting that if my assertions are false....YOU will not be able to disprove them....but the fact is is that I doubt anyone will be able to...

Quis has said

Quote:In any event, even if the NO were as bad as Scipio makes it sound, and I disagree with him on that, most people going to it would not be damned because they don't know any better.  Which is why this "traditional stuff" is more than about the Mass, though that is the cornerstone.  Catholics have been lied to by their shepherds.  The Faith hasn't been handed down, but distorted by nefarious people.

about a related topic

You see it is a matter of degrees  (how many bad or irreverent, or displeasing, or invalid NOs are there?  3?    3,000,000?  every last one?  None of us can say...what we can say is that there have been enough questionable NOs...even ones we've been to...not to mention the ones we've heard tell about to stay away because first we will not endanger our fFaith (((a sin))) or that of our children (((a worse sin))), or lend our name to something we suspect will have a good chance at causing scandal as regards the Faith...((((a sin))))...

and the best part about the above statement by Quis...IS THAT I'M IN FULL AGREEMENT with it...which means we probably disagree less than Quis thought we might...but that is not surprising...I just start from a different place with my argumentation than he does...he is typically a bit more of an optimist on this subject than I appear to be...I hope he's right

and I did leave that particular freebie from sinning by going to the NO out of our discussion here...you see...first I don't think it applies to you since you claim to attend TLMs  on Sundays and second I typically operate with as few words as possible...so if I take something for a given....I might leave it out...now that makes discussion with guys like you more difficult because you need everything spelled out...which is apparent from the post that this one is in answer to...that's life

Now...if my logic in my claim was flawed....show us

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Scipio_a - 12-17-2009

(12-09-2009, 10:40 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-09-2009, 09:55 PM)franklinf Wrote: Carnivore,

Would it be sinful to attend a mass which was blatantly disrespectful to God?

I can and certainly will answer this after I receive one acknowledgment of truth.  That acknowledgment is that no one at any time at any place has ever proven that the Ordinary Form of the Mass is intrinsically "blatantly disrespectful to God" as promulgated by the Catholic Church.  Acknowledge that truth and I will most certainly answer the above question.

Additionally can we now suspect  that you are a liar?...at the very least disingenuous?...or would you call yourself something else?  I'm willing to work with you here...maybe it's just a misunderstanding :-*

in light of your latest refusal...

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,3426247.msg33194032.html#msg33194032

Carnie Wrote:
franklinf Wrote:Would it be sinful to attend a mass which was blatantly disrespectful to God?

That's a fallacious question.  It's beneath me to retort...

No one's fooled by me??? your right about that!!!

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-17-2009

(12-17-2009, 02:42 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: Additionally can we now suspect  that you are a liar?...at the very least disingenuous?...or would you call yourself something else?  I'm willing to work with you here...maybe it's just a misunderstanding :-*

There you go again...  :pazzo:

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-17-2009

(12-17-2009, 03:58 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-17-2009, 02:42 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: Additionally can we now suspect  that you are a liar?...at the very least disingenuous?...or would you call yourself something else?  I'm willing to work with you here...maybe it's just a misunderstanding :-*

There you go again...   :pazzo:

Do you see how ridiculous you are? You come here saying we are beneath you and sitting on your high horse mocking others. You just invite personal attacks instead of discourse because that is the only thing to which  you respond!

Why are you here besides to insult everyone?