FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! (/showthread.php?tid=32420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Master_P - 12-02-2009

Carnivore, Wow, that was pretty insulting to traditional Catholics. I'm all for a good joke but there was nothing tongue in cheek there, just pure disdain for Catholics who are trying to undo the damage of the past decades. Did you make that? Pretty lame.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Scipio_a - 12-02-2009

(12-01-2009, 10:27 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-01-2009, 09:05 PM)BlessedKarl Wrote: Unfortunately there is truth in what you post. Yet I ask that you do not judge those of us who attend the TLM. Many of us just want to see mass celebrated in a way that does glory to God. Or at least we want to feel that way. We are human beings like you Carnivore. We have our faults and our problems. But please don't try and paint with such a broad brush.

Please keep in mind it's a joke.  I attend the Extraordinary Form of the Mass every Sunday (I attend the Ordinary Form on the Mass Monday-Saturday) and no way would I equate that to being indicative of a "fundamentalist Catholic."  What I will say is that any valid sacrificial liturgy gives glory to God and not just the Extraordinary Form of the Mass -- or even just Masses for that matter either.

Well unfortunately for you...you walked in to a real trad forum....where many here will recognize from the above quote that you possibly attend a simulated TLM on Sundays, and tempt fate by taking a chance on a "Well Worshiped Wheat Wafer" on weekdays.

Like sinning on Mon. - Sat and try to make up for it on Sunday, eh?

There are ways to be funny about trads...and it usually involves the truth about them...in fact our last troll was able to do this....and then he messed up his post in the second half by suggesting we follow orders like good little commies....he should have stopped while he actually had a good post.

I thinnk if you wat to be a productive member of the forum....you should take some time ad read a few of the threads to get an idea of what this place is about...better yet read what the owners of the forum say about trads annd what they are as defied by the standards of this forum...

http://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html

Quote:A "traditional Catholic" (or "traditionalist Catholic") is a Catholic who recognizes the above errors in the presentation of Catholic teaching, who sees unwise pastoral decisions for what they are, and who does all in his power to preserve the Holy Faith in a manner consistent with how it has always been understood, and to preserve all of the liturgical rites and customs of the Church as they were before the "spirit of Vatican II" revolution. Traditionalists are not some "branch of the Church," or (necessarily) some "splinter group"; they are usually and quite simply Catholics to whom the adjective "traditional" applies.

Traditional Catholics fall into three main categories:

1. The first and by far the largest group consists of those Catholics who accept the acclaimed Pope and his recent predecessors as true Popes and who believe that the Second Vatican Council was a valid, albeit problematic, Council. In this group are included:

* those who attend parishes where Masses are offered in accordance with Pope Benedict XVI's Motu Proprio "Summorum Pontificum", most often celebrated by priests of the Fraternal Society of St Peter (F.S.S.P.) or the Institute of Christ the King (I.C.K), and

* those who attend chapels or oratories where Masses are offered by priests of the Priestly Society of St. Pius X (S.S.P.X.) 4 and other such priestly fraternities outside of ordinary diocesan structures.

2. The second group consists of those who are unsure about the status of the acclaimed Pope. Many such Catholics worship at Masses offered by the Society of Saint Pius V (S.S.P.V.).

3. The third and smallest group consisists of "sedevacantist" Catholics, that is Catholics who believe that the Catholic Church has not had a true Pope for some time (most consider Pope Pius XII as the last true Pope) and who, depending on the time they see as the moment the "Chair of Peter" (sede) became empty (vacante), may or may not see Vatican II as a valid Council. Many sedevacantists attend Masses offered by the Congregation of Mary Immaculate Queen (C.M.R.I.). 5

Though there is certain level of dispute among these various groups at the priestly level, traditional Catholic laypeople amongst them generally tend to have good relations with each other, though often with some very strong tension between sedevacantists and those who accept the acclaimed Pope.

Depending on how he understands the nature of Christian obedience, schism, and the validity of the Novus Ordo Mass, a given traditional Catholic layman might have firm opinions for or against the advisability of worshiping outside of diocesan structures, or, conversely, he might worship at more than one of the above Mass settings without qualm.

A given traditional Catholic might equally like both the F.S.S.P. and the S.S.P.X., thinking it good that there are those fighting for (at least) some level of Tradition both inside and outside of ordinary diocesan structures, while another may think one group superior to the other or even that one group is unacceptable for some reason.

Some refuse to attend Novus Ordo Masses (except for funerals and weddings of family and friends), thinking it invalid or believing it "morally impossible" to do so because they see it -- not because of what it is, inherently, but because of what it isn't, what it lacks -- as too dangerous to the Faith to support, even if valid. If they have no access to the traditional Mass, some of these traditional Catholics become "home-aloners" making do like our forbears during various persecutions. Other traditionalists may attend Novus Ordo Masses out of their understanding of the requirements of obedience if the traditional Mass is unavailable in their area, while doing all in their power to find a traditional Mass.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - militantsparrow - 12-02-2009

(12-01-2009, 07:14 PM)Carnivore Wrote: Someone from my parish sent me these two links after Thanksgiving.  They are a good tongue-in-cheek laugh.  LOL!   :laughing:

http://liturgicalspreadsheet.tripod.com/fundycatholicflowchart.pdf

http://liturgicalspreadsheet.tripod.com/catholicspreadsheet.pdf

Very good!  :laughing:

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Felicitas - 12-02-2009

I repeat, this guy has been a long-running troll on CAF, banned many times. As soon as he's banned he joins right back up again under another name. He hangs out in the Liturgy and Sacraments and Traditional Catholicism forums there, baiting trads. His current username over there is "Hotchkiss" and he posted these stupid spreadsheets there first a few days ago. The mods deleted his post, presumably because the spreadsheets are immature, pointless and divisive.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-02-2009

(12-02-2009, 08:37 PM)Felicitas Wrote: I repeat, this guy has been a long-running troll on CAF, banned many times. As soon as he's banned he joins right back up again under another name. He hangs out in the Liturgy and Sacraments and Traditional Catholicism forums there, baiting trads. His current username over there is "Hotchkiss" and he posted these stupid spreadsheets there first a few days ago. The mods deleted his post, presumably because the spreadsheets are immature, pointless and divisive.

Now that we know, I'm sure the admins don't want to play whack-a-troll here, we can ignore such things easily.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-02-2009

(12-02-2009, 07:27 PM)Master_P Wrote: Carnivore, Wow, that was pretty insulting to traditional Catholics. I'm all for a good joke but there was nothing tongue in cheek there, just pure disdain for Catholics who are trying to undo the damage of the past decades. Did you make that? Pretty lame.
It's a joke.  Then again after surfing this forum and reading things like where some actually believe it's sinful to attend the Ordinary Form of the Mass  :confused:  , I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't as least bits of truth to the old 'chart? 

That sort of mindset it would take to suggest it's sinful to attend the Ordinary Form of the Mass  is certainly not doing anything to "undo the damage of the past decades."

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-02-2009

(12-02-2009, 07:26 PM)James02 Wrote: I only checked out the modernist "flow chart" that doesn't flow.  It was stupid.  One block complains that you can't figure out a liturgical abuse.  Bull sh*&.

This is a troll.  I have walked out of many novus ordo messes.  Let's take when Sister preaches the homily.   Tell me carnivore, is that an abuse?  Hell, it's even worse, it is illicit.  Now I walked out on these abuses when I was a neo-Catholic.  Now I just don't attend Messes anymore.

This is trolling.  And there is nothing humorous about the files.  Don't bother reading them, save yourself the time.  Carnivore is a troll.
It's a joke.  I'm pleased to see that many here recognize that. :thumb:  You accuse me of being a "troll" yet it is you that resorts to an ad hominem attack.  That's extremely bad form.  So was trying to introduce a red herring like "a religious sister giving a homily" which has has nothing to do with the subject under discussion.

Let me ask you this one sincere question.  How come some traditionally-minded Catholics get a chuckle out of the spreadsheet and the flowchart and others get angry and abusive?  I'd really like to know your thoughts on that.  Thanks.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Nic - 12-02-2009

(12-02-2009, 10:08 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-02-2009, 07:27 PM)Master_P Wrote: Carnivore, Wow, that was pretty insulting to traditional Catholics. I'm all for a good joke but there was nothing tongue in cheek there, just pure disdain for Catholics who are trying to undo the damage of the past decades. Did you make that? Pretty lame.
It's a joke.  Then again after surfing this forum and reading things like where some actually believe it's sinful to attend the Ordinary Form of the Mass  :confused:  , I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't as least bits of truth to the old 'chart? 

That sort of mindset it would take to suggest it's sinful to attend the Ordinary Form of the Mass  is certainly not doing anything to "undo the damage of the past decades."

It is NOT sinful to attend the "Ordinary" Form of the Mass  ----  because the TRUE "Ordinary" form of the Mass is the Traditional Latin Mass, the true Roman Rite.  It is objectively sinful to attend the Novus Ordo RITE, because it is a new rite of Mass that, lawfully, should never have been "promulgated" (if I can use such a word).  Now there is a level of culpability concerning attendance of the new rite of Mass, for one who does not have the knowledge as many of us do here about the novelties and abuses of the New Mass cannot have full culpability for sin -- but one such as myself with advanced knowledge of the situation would be in grave sin for attending the New Mass, for it is indeed a sacrilegious Mass that causes scandal - being lax on the teachings of the Church and promoting anti-Christ doctrine.  I am not one of those who says that ALL Novus Ordo Masses are invalid - I AM one of those who believes wholeheartedly that some or even many are invalid.  The Novus Ordo is a crap-shoot, and is not pleasing to God because it is a Protestantized, bastardized form of the true Mass of all-time.  But, many people don't understand the idea of valid VS. invalid and licit VS illicit.  Just because many Novus Ordo Rite Masses may be valid does NOT mean that they are pleasing to God.  A Mass said in a strip club could very well be valid - but would that be pleasing to God?  Now think about it  -  would a Mass that has stripped much of its Catholic "flavour" from its prayers and rituals and replaced them with what Protestants like Luther and Cranmer demanded be pleasing to God?  If you believe so than just take a look at one of the earliest accounts in Scripture - that concerning Cain and Abel.  Both offered a sacrifice to God.  God viewed both sacrifices, placing in our minds that they were both "valid."  But only ONE was pleasing to Him - the sacrifice of Abel.  The New Mass is like the sacrifice of Cain and the TLM like that of Abel.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Nic - 12-02-2009

(12-02-2009, 10:25 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-02-2009, 07:26 PM)James02 Wrote: I only checked out the modernist "flow chart" that doesn't flow.  It was stupid.  One block complains that you can't figure out a liturgical abuse.  Bull sh*&.

This is a troll.  I have walked out of many novus ordo messes.  Let's take when Sister preaches the homily.   Tell me carnivore, is that an abuse?  Hell, it's even worse, it is illicit.  Now I walked out on these abuses when I was a neo-Catholic.  Now I just don't attend Messes anymore.

This is trolling.  And there is nothing humorous about the files.  Don't bother reading them, save yourself the time.  Carnivore is a troll.
It's a joke.  I'm pleased to see that many here recognize that. :thumb:  You accuse me of being a "troll" yet it is you that resorts to an ad hominem attack.  That's extremely bad form.  So was trying to introduce a red herring like "a religious sister giving a homily" which has has nothing to do with the subject under discussion.

Let me ask you this one sincere question.  How come some traditionally-minded Catholics get a chuckle out of the spreadsheet and the flowchart and others get angry and abusive?  I'd really like to know your thoughts on that.  Thanks.

Here are my thoughts on that:  Under different circumstances it may have been seen as just another attempt at the neo-Catholic establishment to pick on true Catholics, and most may have gotten a bit of a laugh out of it.  BUT, if the poster is accurate about you being a troller who has posted this elswhere, and other different names, then it seems that you are only doing this for some sick form of amusement or even to hurt others.  That's my two cents.  BUT, if you are a legit poster and the other poster is way off on his or her allegation, then... ha-ha, look at what the stupid neo-Caths think of true Catholics...ha-ha.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-03-2009

(12-02-2009, 11:37 PM)Nic Wrote: ...It is NOT sinful to attend the "Ordinary" Form of the Mass  ----  because the TRUE "Ordinary" form of the Mass is the Traditional Latin Mass, the true Roman Rite.  It is objectively sinful to attend the Novus Ordo RITE, like that of Abel....

:laughing: